blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:45:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Hand of the week: December 10th
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hand of the week: December 10th  (Read 20532 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2007, 07:56:59 PM »

In my sleep deprived state i may have been ambiguous.....

To confirm the CL is the only other player in this pot, he is UTG+2 Button BB and UTG+1 all passed pre

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 08:22:45 PM »

In my sleep deprived state i may have been ambiguous.....

Don't knock ambiguity - in my working days being ambiguous got me out of all sorts of problems.  "Oh I see what you mean, no thats not what I meant, but too late now anyway...."
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2007, 08:32:51 PM »

Bet 18k.

You've raised the pot to $15k, so that's only a min raise from you have I read that right?  If so, the BB could have anything, but you've hit a nice hand.

I raised to 5xBB and the BB folded......

whoops, I'll reread Cheesy

I'd still stick 18k in here.

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2007, 11:36:52 PM »

I check.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2007, 12:03:02 AM »

i check too. What are u scared of? If he has JJ-AA or a set hes going nowhere, he is only folding and under pair that hasnt made a set or aq /ak etc so no need to scare him of. Check call the flop and bet the turn is my thinking.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2007, 12:50:44 AM »

If he has JJ-AA

hmmm he shouldn't have that unless he's pat passive from passive town (but I'm quite often wrong)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2007, 01:01:43 AM »

If he has JJ-AA

hmmm he shouldn't have that unless he's pat passive from passive town (but I'm quite often wrong)

or trappy tony from trapsville........ shit happens

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2007, 02:30:32 AM »

Move of Honour, obv.

Cheesy

Standard c-bet of 25k. Checking here is horrid as flushy needs to bet his monsters to get his bluffs through and get his big hands paid.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2007, 08:29:25 AM »

raisey daisey pre-flop is fine..and I'm sure as hell betting out on the flop more often than not. I always lead out with my sets...simply because it builds pots. there is about 40k in the pot..let's make it 25k to play (which leaves you 90 ish behind) and hope he comes over the top..

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2007, 09:39:30 AM »

bet to find out where you are
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2007, 11:04:12 AM »

absolutely, bet for information..never for value.

I want to know if I am ahead here.

police

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2007, 01:23:52 PM »

Bet 12k, make it try to look like a weak continuation bet thats screaming to be reraised because you've got AK and missed the flop.

I like this line, its my standard line the question is do you change that for table conditions, no-one was doing anything funky in this comp they were all playing like scared money, it is nigh on impossible that someone is going to make a move in this tournament.

Whoa some people have real "monsters under the table" syndrome here. The button has AA-JJ very rarely. He has limped the button behind 2 limpers and then flatted a raise from the sb. This is not how a big pair often plays. His range generally is made up of suited connectors and small pairs here imo.

He very likely has a drawing hand of some kind so either a medium to small pair or a connector.  So there really isn't any point in trying to suck him in.  He has either hit a set or has picked up a draw, so bet the pot or thereabouts. 

I agree with these 2 posts his range here is probably smaller pairs and suited connectors, JJ-AA i say here approx 1% of the time.

Doubleup's line makes sense, this is a good flop for our oppo's most likely range.

On the flop I'm betting somehwere in the region of 26k, hoping that he has JJ + and is prepared to play back at me, I don't want him flat calling and hitting a danger card on the turn, I am happy for him to fold here or to push. 

What danger cards are there? How can you possibly want your oppo to fold when you have the nuts?

i check too. What are u scared of? If he has JJ-AA or a set hes going nowhere, he is only folding and under pair that hasnt made a set or aq /ak etc so no need to scare him of. Check call the flop and bet the turn is my thinking.

I like this line as well as Longy's. The question is why do you flat call then bet the turn? This is going to stop him bluffing the turn, its the way i would bluff in these spots more than VB, it really limits his options IMO.

bet to find out where you are

Cheesy

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2007, 01:46:34 PM »

Bet 12k, make it try to look like a weak continuation bet thats screaming to be re-raised because you've got AK and missed the flop.

I like this line, its my standard line the question is do you change that for table conditions, no-one was doing anything funky in this comp they were all playing like scared money, it is nigh on impossible that someone is going to make a move in this tournament.

The fact that he has 170k in chips and is leader of whole tourney indicates to me that he is not playing like scared money, more like he has been using his chip stack to bully his opponents on other tables. The fact that he is new to the table means he doesn't know how you've acquired your chips either. I'm hoping he is going to continue trying to set a precedence of "I'm boss and I'm going to put you in your place" - hence the weak bet.

sponsored by Fyffes
LuckyLloyd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2007, 03:02:05 PM »

Jaysus Flushy, just get some money in the pot.

"All glory comes from daring to begin" - Eugene F. Ware.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2007, 03:10:30 PM »

Jaysus Flushy, just get some money in the pot.

yeah Flushy..you nit! Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: