blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:49:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1702 1703 1704 1705 [1706] 1707 1708 1709 1710 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3610524 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #25575 on: October 03, 2014, 11:39:17 AM »

Tom,

I remember a photo of The Duke of Devonshire sat next to you in your caravan some years back, & also you told the story of the "super-handyman" who worked on the Chatsworth Estate I seem to recall.

Did you ever meet "Debo", The Duchess of Devonshire?

That is beyond spooky. Check t'other diary

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #25576 on: October 03, 2014, 03:12:25 PM »

Hi Red what do you think of this?

Ah! The element of surprise
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25577 on: October 03, 2014, 04:32:08 PM »

Tom,

I remember a photo of The Duke of Devonshire sat next to you in your caravan some years back, & also you told the story of the "super-handyman" who worked on the Chatsworth Estate I seem to recall.

Did you ever meet "Debo", The Duchess of Devonshire?

The Duke was sitting next to my dad, in his caravan. He had just dropped in on spec because he was interested in Gypsies. I just waltzed in and thought he was some old mate of my dad's. He chatted away totally at ease. I didn't find out who he was until I asked who the Bentley with the chauffeur belonged to.

I met him several times after that, at Chatsworth, where my mate works. He always made time to have a word with me.

I met the Duchess a couple of times too. She had great presence and authority. I'm sure that if she had told me to cut the lawn with a pair of scissors, I would have just tugged my forelock and said "Yes Ma'am.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25578 on: October 03, 2014, 04:33:06 PM »

Hi Red what do you think of this?

What a great bit of kit. Almost as good as a caravan.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25579 on: October 04, 2014, 11:19:40 AM »

2 today

waiting for her broom handle lol

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25580 on: October 04, 2014, 01:14:26 PM »

thumbs up

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25581 on: October 04, 2014, 01:22:49 PM »

2 today

waiting for her broom handle lol

Click to see full-size image.

She looks so attentive.

I'm just trying to upload a vid to try to demonstrate how a dog's mind works where toys are concerned.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25582 on: October 04, 2014, 01:25:51 PM »

thumbs up

Lol!

Booder, you bloody tease. What have you got there?

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25583 on: October 04, 2014, 01:30:19 PM »

im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25584 on: October 04, 2014, 01:31:56 PM »

Triumph Trophy 900, arrived this morning.

Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25585 on: October 04, 2014, 01:34:29 PM »

Crikey Boo, that's a beaut.

Not sure it should be in the lounge, mind.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25586 on: October 04, 2014, 01:36:11 PM »

Crikey Boo, that's a beaut.

Not sure it should be in the lounge, mind.

Thank  you.

Wouldn't fit in the shed.

Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25587 on: October 04, 2014, 01:41:42 PM »

Wooo Hooo!

Details plz, dear boy. Details.

PS- This European motorcycle adventure dream could actually become reality one day couldn't it?

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25588 on: October 04, 2014, 02:09:21 PM »

Wooo Hooo!

PS- This European motorcycle adventure dream could actually become reality one day couldn't it?

Is a 1999 Triumph Trophy 900cc  with just 25k on the clock.

Guy bought it in 2003 as a cat D damaged bike.
He has repaired  the damage.......both fairings ,left front indicator, left rear indicator, left footplate , clutch lever and rear passenger grab handles.
Since then the bike has been taxed and MOT'd for the past 11 years.

On the last MOT there were advisory notes for .. 1. Offside front shock absorber has light misting of stanchion  2. Rear brake pads close to minimum limit

Other little jobs that need doing..

The airbox has splits and needs replacing (relatively easy to fit). • The tripometer control knob is missing • The fuel guage is not working (the guage itself is working so think this is a level sensor problem in the tank) • The fuel tank has a dent  • The fuel tank has some under paint rust spots (i will possibly replace fuel tank ) * the seat. (some wear to left side ,maybe replace at later date)**

Tyres are newish (less than 4k miles) and bike is alarmed(set it off at 8.30 this morning ,took me a while to figure out how to turn it off ,bet it pleased the neighbours).

Had it couriered to me from Reading - haggled the price and got delivery included for £100 less than asking price.

Not gonna insure it this year ,  just get everything sorted on it so it is ready to go next year.Will keep me busy over the winter , really looking forward to it.

Definately be up for a trip abroad next year - the courier had just come back from the Pyrenees on his bike , showed me some photos , looked great.

Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25589 on: October 04, 2014, 02:27:36 PM »

Wooo Hooo!

Is a 1999 Triumph Trophy 900cc  with just 25k on the clock.

Guy bought it in 2003 as a cat D damaged bike.
He has repaired  the damage.......both fairings ,left front indicator, left rear indicator, left footplate , clutch lever and rear passenger grab handles.
Since then the bike has been taxed and MOT'd for the past 11 years.

On the last MOT there were advisory notes for .. 1. Offside front shock absorber has light misting of stanchion  2. Rear brake pads close to minimum limit

Other little jobs that need doing..

The airbox has splits and needs replacing (relatively easy to fit). • The tripometer control knob is missing • The fuel guage is not working (the guage itself is working so think this is a level sensor problem in the tank) • The fuel tank has a dent  • The fuel tank has some under paint rust spots (i will possibly replace fuel tank ) * the seat. (some wear to left side ,maybe replace at later date)**

Tyres are newish (less than 4k miles) and bike is alarmed(set it off at 8.30 this morning ,took me a while to figure out how to turn it off ,bet it pleased the neighbours).

Had it couriered to me from Reading - haggled the price and got delivery included for £100 less than asking price.

Not gonna insure it this year ,  just get everything sorted on it so it is ready to go next year.Will keep me busy over the winter , really looking forward to it.

Definately be up for a trip abroad next year - the courier had just come back from the Pyrenees on his bike , showed me some photos , looked great.

It looks like a great bike Boo, and as you say, a few bit to do bit nothing major. Just what you wanted. I'm so excited, I can't wait to see it. Please keep us updated on titivating process & include plenty of pictures.

My barn find went straight through the MOT with two advisories - Rear tyre getting close to wear limit and worn drive chain. (I've replaced the drive chain and sprockets now).

I also have a bit of a shudder on the front end when I'm braking. I suspect the brake disc is warped so I bought a new (second hand) one off eBay for £19 inc postage.

I've also bid £7.50 for a top box.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Pages: 1 ... 1702 1703 1704 1705 [1706] 1707 1708 1709 1710 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: