blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:30:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1915 1916 1917 1918 [1919] 1920 1921 1922 1923 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3609138 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #28770 on: November 20, 2016, 05:55:23 PM »

Settle a debate, please.

The price of petrol is a regular whinge and moan down our way. Primarily in the sense that prices vary from petrol station to petrol station.

One person said "That's because the petrol is different; you get better quality stuff at Shell. That's why you get more to the gallon"

This was not the majority view.

I reckon you're a man to know this sort of thing.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28771 on: November 20, 2016, 08:21:39 PM »

Hi Tom, how are you?
I have tried to attach another old photo, easier to tell the car this time  Smiley

Mk3 Cortina?

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28772 on: November 20, 2016, 08:30:04 PM »

Settle a debate, please.

The price of petrol is a regular whinge and moan down our way. Primarily in the sense that prices vary from petrol station to petrol station.

One person said "That's because the petrol is different; you get better quality stuff at Shell. That's why you get more to the gallon"

So many variables. It depends on what sort of car, how is the engine set up, what type of terrain your on, average speed, length of journey, how you drive, etc etc..

With all the right circumstances premium fuel could just about represent a saving because of better consumption figures, but in 8 out of 10 cases it wont.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #28773 on: November 20, 2016, 09:07:04 PM »

Settle a debate, please.

So many variables. It depends on what sort of car, how is the engine set up, what type of terrain your on, average speed, length of journey, how you drive, etc etc..

With all the right circumstances premium fuel could just about represent a saving because of better consumption figures, but in 8 out of 10 cases it wont.

Does petrol differ from one garage to the next?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28774 on: November 20, 2016, 09:35:18 PM »

Settle a debate, please.

AFAIK if you buy the same octane the brand should make no difference, but I do know that the fuel is stores under better conditions in some places.

Some of the older storage tanks can contain water and other contaminates from sources such as seepage or condensation.

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #28775 on: November 20, 2016, 09:50:34 PM »

Hi Tom,
           Yes its a mark 3 Cortina, better give you the full 10/10  Smiley

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #28776 on: November 20, 2016, 10:57:21 PM »

Anything for Ford? Sad

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #28777 on: November 20, 2016, 11:17:23 PM »

ha ok 5 points.......as its half right  Cheesy

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #28778 on: November 21, 2016, 08:57:10 AM »

Cheaper supermarket petrol usually contains less additives
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #28779 on: November 21, 2016, 09:16:16 AM »

Settle a debate, please.

AFAIK if you buy the same octane the brand should make no difference, but I do know that the fuel is stores under better conditions in some places.

Some of the older storage tanks can contain water and other contaminates from sources such as seepage or condensation.

Seems like a score draw. Thank you.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #28780 on: November 21, 2016, 09:29:31 AM »

Cheaper supermarket petrol usually contains less additives

I don't know about the petrol, but I avoid the supermarket diesel.

When my car died on me the recovery driver & my mate from the garage found it was the fuel filter, they both said for more modern diesel engines they recommended avoiding the supermarket diesel. Apparently the supermarkets use a higher %age of bio-diesel than the regular petrol stations & the diesel fuel filter for the common rail injection type engines don't like it, giving up long before they should. For the 1-2 pence a litre saving it just isn't worth the risk.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 09:33:42 AM by Rod Paradise » Logged

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28781 on: November 21, 2016, 12:18:24 PM »

Put your sound on for this one.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28782 on: November 21, 2016, 12:22:07 PM »

Ha, very good.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28783 on: November 21, 2016, 12:28:02 PM »

Turn the sound on for this too.

Written and performed by my good friend Damian Le Bas, it's nominated for the Royal Television Society's Diversity Award.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 12:40:46 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #28784 on: November 23, 2016, 07:17:21 PM »

Turn the sound on for this too.

Written and performed by my good friend Damian Le Bas, it's nominated for the Royal Television Society's Diversity Award.

This is excellent Tom!

Ah! The element of surprise
Pages: 1 ... 1915 1916 1917 1918 [1919] 1920 1921 1922 1923 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: