blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:03:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272601 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1913 1914 1915 1916 [1917] 1918 1919 1920 1921 ... 2342 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3608226 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28740 on: October 27, 2016, 09:20:17 AM »

Mousegate.

I dusted the bottom of the church with flour last night. This morning it's covered in tiny footprints. The little blighters are going in, but they're getting out again.

There has been an escalation in hostilities. Mrs R went into the shed to get a dog blanket and found a whole tribe of mice living cosily between it's chewed and shredded folds.

"No wonder the shed is full of mice, you've been feeding them peanut butter for a week".

Sigh...

The worst part is, I'm sure I heard a little squeaky snigger coming from behind the lawn mower.

The older I get, the better I was.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #28741 on: October 27, 2016, 09:23:12 AM »

Mousegate.

I dusted the bottom of the church with flour last night. This morning it's covered in tiny footprints. The little blighters are going in, but they're getting out again.

There has been an escalation in hostilities. Mrs R went into the shed to get a dog blanket and found a whole tribe of mice living cosily between it's chewed and shredded folds.

"No wonder the shed is full of mice, you've been feeding them peanut butter for a week".

Sigh...

The worst part is, I'm sure I heard a little squeaky snigger coming from behind the lawn mower.

Already told you " a foot of water"
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #28742 on: October 27, 2016, 11:15:13 AM »

Mousegate.

Sigh...

Gotta love Mrs Red!!! 

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28743 on: October 29, 2016, 01:43:55 PM »

Yesterday I sat outside Greggs trying to decide which was the best way to eat a chocolate eclair.

It seems to me there are 5 main options. ( I was forced to buy a second eclair so that I could test them all)

Method 1- Bite eclair gently until some cream squeezes out of the sides, then lick off the cream. continue until no more cream comes out then bite that section off and start again on the next bit.

Method 2- Bite a piece completely off and inhale as hard as you can at the same time, thereby sucking in any escaping cream.

Method 3- Turn eclair sideways so that cream isn't squiged out when you bite.

Method 4- Gently bite off a section of the top slice, then bite off the corresponding section of bottom slice, rinse repeat until all gone.

Method 5- (3rd eclair needed to test this one) Cram the whole thing into your mouth in one go.

All of these methods have their pros and cons which, in ascending order of importance range from looking silly, (minor concern) through getting the wrong ratio of pastry, chocolate and cream, (pretty irritating) to dropping a dollop of cream or part of the cake (obviously disastrous)

I think I need to experiment more.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 01:55:44 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #28744 on: October 29, 2016, 07:08:32 PM »

I find the best way is following a sausage roll.

No wonder I could lose a few pounds

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #28745 on: October 30, 2016, 01:48:38 PM »

This is brilliant if you have the time to watch it

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28746 on: October 30, 2016, 03:10:14 PM »

This is brilliant if you have the time to watch it

Thank you. I can always find time for a good nature documentary.

I'll watch it and report back.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28747 on: October 30, 2016, 03:59:19 PM »

Mousegate update ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28748 on: October 30, 2016, 04:17:58 PM »

Mousegate update ?

Well the churn trap was a complete failure. It needed to be wider to stop them doing a wall of death escape.

I couldn't bring myself to follow Trevor's suggestion and put some water in the bottom for them to drown in so I went for the easy option of using break back traps.

Caught 7 so far, they didn't die in vain because the dogs eat them.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28749 on: October 30, 2016, 08:05:09 PM »

What about that Cromwell then eh?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28750 on: October 30, 2016, 08:37:45 PM »

Mousegate update ?

Well the churn trap was a complete failure. It needed to be wider to stop them doing a wall of death escape.

I couldn't bring myself to follow Trevor's suggestion and put some water in the bottom for them to drown in so I went for the easy option of using break back traps.

Murderer.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28751 on: October 30, 2016, 08:38:37 PM »

Mousegate update ?

Mass murderer.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28752 on: October 30, 2016, 08:39:51 PM »

Mousegate update ?

Mass mouse murderer.

BEWARE MOLES, you are next.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #28753 on: October 30, 2016, 10:11:32 PM »

Re. those poor little ex-mices and your ravenous dogs:

I think you meant ate them unless you were doing a Damon Runyan and narrating in the present tense.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28754 on: October 30, 2016, 10:18:56 PM »

Re. those poor little ex-mices and your ravenous dogs:

I think you meant ate them unless you were doing a Damon Runyan and narrating in the present tense.

What I meant was they ate them and will continue to do so, but I bow to your superior knowledge and stand corrected.

Off to google Damon Runyan.

Pages: 1 ... 1913 1914 1915 1916 [1917] 1918 1919 1920 1921 ... 2342 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: