blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:42:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1916 1917 1918 1919 [1920] 1921 1922 1923 1924 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3610299 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28785 on: November 29, 2016, 11:40:30 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-38083691

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28786 on: December 01, 2016, 08:49:33 AM »

I don't know why but I love this story.

Thief gets away with $1.6m bucket of gold flakes -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38164590

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28787 on: December 01, 2016, 11:56:57 PM »

Imagine a ship that's trapped in the ice being slowly crushed. Well that's what Mrs Red sounds like when she has wind.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28788 on: December 11, 2016, 01:15:46 AM »

Is Uber getting too vital to fail? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38252405

Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28789 on: December 13, 2016, 06:20:51 PM »

Forgot to reply to this at the time. There is just something comic about a bucket of flakes isn't there? Running off with 3 ingots is probably not as much fun.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28790 on: December 13, 2016, 07:15:35 PM »

Forgot to reply to this at the time. There is just something comic about a bucket of flakes isn't there? Running off with 3 ingots is probably not as much fun.

He would have no idea what was in there. I bet he expected it to be full of coins.

I've thought about it since. It won't have been easy for him to dispose of unless he knew a good, big time fence (Which is unlikely for a petty criminal) If he wasn't killed or robbed by the first person he approached he would have to pay ~ 10% to get connected to a 20c on the dollar buyer. Once the deal was done he would be given a little up front money, say two or three k in the hope that he would go wild and OD on something. If that didn't happen he would be ignored. It would be hard for him to get the rest of his money in a world where he has no friends and no leverage.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 07:19:36 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #28791 on: December 13, 2016, 08:49:39 PM »

Would it not be something you could melt down yourself and make into some sort of bar?  Probably then offload in small doses to the nearest pawn shop as and when needed? 

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28792 on: December 13, 2016, 09:51:56 PM »

Would it not be something you could melt down yourself and make into some sort of bar?  Probably then offload in small doses to the nearest pawn shop as and when needed? 
http://www.wikihow.com/Melt-Gold

Cymru am byth
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28793 on: December 14, 2016, 12:39:39 AM »

Oh it would be a simple job to melt it, but if home made gold ingots were that easy to sell people would be doing it to legitimise stolen jewellery all the time.

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28794 on: December 17, 2016, 12:41:56 PM »

I'm sure it was after you had marched past the Cenotaph in London that I said I'd get around to sorting my medals out. I think that was probably 2 years ago. Well I've finally bothered to locate the one I possess and it's motivated me to square away getting the other one I'm entitled to wear issued.(It was awarded but I wasn't presented with it). As you can see.it's looking pretty sad for itself ATM but once i get the other and have them `court mounted it'll be returned to parade standard I'm sure.
 Click to see full-size image.

Cymru am byth
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #28795 on: December 18, 2016, 02:40:43 AM »

Oh it would be a simple job to melt it, but if home made gold ingots were that easy to sell people would be doing it to legitimise stolen jewellery all the time.

Pete took a home made gold ingot to the Jewellery Quarter a few years ago. They assayed it and paid the money into his bank account a few days later, about £11k if I remember correctly. No questions asked, and I never considered that they would be, but thinking about it now maybe I should have done.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28796 on: December 18, 2016, 03:19:31 AM »

Pete took a home made gold ingot to the Jewellery Quarter a few years ago. They assayed it and paid the money into his bank account a few days later, about £11k if I remember correctly. No questions asked, and I never considered that they would be, but thinking about it now maybe I should have done.

Part of me is surprised, part of me isn't. Mind you, Pete does have an innocent looking face..

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28797 on: December 18, 2016, 03:21:13 AM »

I'm sure it was after you had marched past the Cenotaph in London that I said I'd get around to sorting my medals out. I think that was probably 2 years ago. Well I've finally bothered to locate the one I possess and it's motivated me to square away getting the other one I'm entitled to wear issued.(It was awarded but I wasn't presented with it). As you can see.it's looking pretty sad for itself ATM but once i get the other and have them `court mounted it'll be returned to parade standard I'm sure.

Remind me what the medals are for. Is that one like a campaign medal?

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28798 on: December 18, 2016, 02:17:23 PM »

Remind me what the medals are for. Is that one like a campaign medal?

Cymru am byth
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28799 on: December 18, 2016, 02:45:51 PM »

Any stories?

Pages: 1 ... 1916 1917 1918 1919 [1920] 1921 1922 1923 1924 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: