blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:48:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1966 1967 1968 1969 [1970] 1971 1972 1973 1974 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3609513 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29535 on: April 03, 2018, 05:26:33 PM »

I walked a nature trail today. Dotted along its length are 5 trees, each with a commemorative plaque.

There must be thousands of trees along the trail, these 5 are the only ones that have been deliberately broken. Why do you suppose that is?

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29536 on: April 03, 2018, 07:50:14 PM »

Because people can be shits.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #29537 on: April 03, 2018, 08:11:13 PM »

Here's another one for you. On the public bridleway at the bottom of my golf course there's a dog-poo tree and it's in full bloom. It appears that rather than simply allow the natural poo to degrade back into the earth dog-walkers are making the effort to bend down, wrap the poo in plastic, carry it with them for a certain distance and then hang it in a tree. They are making no effort to space the poo out amongst the foliage so it blends in, oh no, they are all heading for this designated poo tree and hanging all the plastic poo bags from the limbs. Now why do you suppose people do that?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #29538 on: April 03, 2018, 08:50:03 PM »

Do you know much about motor-car analytics Tom - the thing you have to do when the engine warning light comes on?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29539 on: April 03, 2018, 11:36:15 PM »

Do you know much about motor-car analytics Tom - the thing you have to do when the engine warning light comes on?

Remind me what year the car is again please Ralph.

On modern stuff you just plug a diagnostics tool into a port and it tells you what the fault is, but on a classic like yours there may well be a strip of LEDs that flash out a code, i.e. 3 rapid flashes = adjust the air screw on the carburettor, 4 rapid flashes = crank bearing fucked.

If it is starting OK, running OK, pulling OK and sounding OK I doubt you have much to worry about.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29540 on: April 03, 2018, 11:41:02 PM »

Here's another one for you. On the public bridleway at the bottom of my golf course there's a dog-poo tree and it's in full bloom. It appears that rather than simply allow the natural poo to degrade back into the earth dog-walkers are making the effort to bend down, wrap the poo in plastic, carry it with them for a certain distance and then hang it in a tree. They are making no effort to space the poo out amongst the foliage so it blends in, oh no, they are all heading for this designated poo tree and hanging all the plastic poo bags from the limbs. Now why do you suppose people do that?

I've been making this argument for years.

Fair enough, if your dog shits on the footpath, clean it up, but if it shits in the woods, or the middle of a field leave it alone and let nature take its course.

Why take something that will last a couple of weeks and wrap it up in something that will last for 100 years?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29541 on: April 03, 2018, 11:47:18 PM »

https://www.justanswer.com/acura/343k2-89-honda-legend-engine-light-comes-10min.html

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #29542 on: April 04, 2018, 12:08:24 AM »

Remind me what year the car is again please Ralph.

On modern stuff you just plug a diagnostics tool into a port and it tells you what the fault is, but on a classic like yours there may well be a strip of LEDs that flash out a code, i.e. 3 rapid flashes = adjust the air screw on the carburettor, 4 rapid flashes = crank bearing fucked.

If it is starting OK, running OK, pulling OK and sounding OK I doubt you have much to worry about.

It's a 1994 and I'm reliably informed there is a 2-pin port behind the glove compartment, I believe the modern ones are 16-pin.

The engine warning light comes on some days but not on others, and also on some journeys may be on going somewhere but not coming back or vice-versa.

My mechanic recommended a mobile diagnostics chappie who came around a few weeks ago - he spent 45 minutes taking up first the carpet then the floorboards on the passenger side and putting them back while I was standing there watching in the freezing cold - he couldn't find the port but suggested that it might be a sensor causing the light to come on - that cost £20.

The car is still running fine but that warning light bugs me.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29543 on: April 04, 2018, 07:29:30 AM »

This is obviously your call Ralph but if it were me and assuming your oil pressure light is functioning and not coming on after you have started the car and your temperature guage is staying within the 'Normal' range  I wouldn't worry about it.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29544 on: April 04, 2018, 07:34:08 AM »

I enjoyed this story.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43632914

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #29545 on: April 04, 2018, 01:42:05 PM »

This is obviously your call Ralph but if it were me and assuming your oil pressure light is functioning and not coming on after you have started the car and your temperature guage is staying within the 'Normal' range  I wouldn't worry about it.

Amazingly it hardly uses any oil although I only do around 3k miles pa, and everything else seems to be working/running fine too.

It's just the worry that I might be doing some damage to it by not fixing whatever it is that's triggering that warning light.

BTW I watched Pulp Fiction for the umpteenth time last week and finally twigged why my car has cult status in the USA - it was Winston "The Wolf" Wolf's ride.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #29546 on: April 04, 2018, 01:48:26 PM »

I've been making this argument for years.

Fair enough, if your dog shits on the footpath, clean it up, but if it shits in the woods, or the middle of a field leave it alone and let nature take its course.

Why take something that will last a couple of weeks and wrap it up in something that will last for 100 years?

Yea, that's the first part. But the second more puzzling part is why make a pilgrimage to a specific tree and hang it in the branches? Very disconcerting, looks like something out The Blair Witch Project. 

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29547 on: April 04, 2018, 01:53:45 PM »

Looks like blossom imo, quite nice in a way.

Wonder if it has a nice fragrance?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29548 on: April 04, 2018, 02:41:21 PM »

Amazingly it hardly uses any oil although I only do around 3k miles pa, and everything else seems to be working/running fine too.

It's just the worry that I might be doing some damage to it by not fixing whatever it is that's triggering that warning light.

I'm assuming it's the yellow/orange engine management light.

Yellow is usually a caution/advisory light, red is critical, stop immediately.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #29549 on: April 04, 2018, 02:55:04 PM »

This is obviously your call Ralph but if it were me and assuming your oil pressure light is functioning and not coming on after you have started the car and your temperature guage is staying within the 'Normal' range  I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm assuming it's the yellow/orange engine management light.

Yellow is usually a caution/advisory light, red is critical, stop immediately.

Yes it's the yellow one Tom - the handbook suggests it could be something related to the fuel-injection.

Pages: 1 ... 1966 1967 1968 1969 [1970] 1971 1972 1973 1974 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: