blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:49:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272588 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1967 1968 1969 1970 [1971] 1972 1973 1974 1975 ... 2342 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3605701 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #29550 on: April 04, 2018, 03:01:24 PM »

Looks like blossom imo, quite nice in a way.

Wonder if it has a nice fragrance?

Click to see full-size image.

Wow.   What goes through people's heads?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29551 on: April 04, 2018, 03:16:43 PM »

Bags of dog poo if they don't duck.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29552 on: April 04, 2018, 03:42:46 PM »

Outside my place there is a little patch of grass about two feet square that I have to stand on to open my gate. Dozens of dog walkers pass there every day. Ten feet away just inside the entrance to the park there is a dog poop bin.

Despite this, a found dog mess on the little patch of grass where I have to stand on an almost daily basis.

I  have never caught anyone letting their dog shit there, probably because they can hear my car coming down the lane long before I come into sight.

I don't keep regular hours, so I'm in and out at various times of the day and over a period of several months I managed to work out roughly when it was happening.

If I cleared the crap up last thing before bed it never reappeared before 7pm the following afternoon and if it was coming it was always there before 9pm. After that it was a simple job to lie in wait for the culprit.

It turned out to be an oldish bloke who I see regularly walking a collie x. He stepped off the pavement and led his dog to my gate where it immediately crapped on the grass. As soon as it was finished he walked off in the direction of Fosse meadows.

I scooped the crap into a bag and waited for him to return, then I followed him home discretely and when he had gone inside I threw the crap bag into his garden. (I was going to post it through his letterbox but I was scared of being seen and getting arrested).

When I got home I left a poop bag of the same colour, weighted down with a stone on the grass in front of my gate.

I haven't had a problem since. I still bump into him occasionally and we chat like old mates, but I know that he knows, and he knows that I know he knows.

The older I get, the better I was.
engy

View Profile
« Reply #29553 on: April 04, 2018, 06:22:46 PM »

Haha love that Tom
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #29554 on: April 04, 2018, 11:01:32 PM »

Those hanging poo-bags are nothing new.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #29555 on: April 05, 2018, 12:16:06 AM »

This is obviously your call Ralph but if it were me and assuming your oil pressure light is functioning and not coming on after you have started the car and your temperature guage is staying within the 'Normal' range  I wouldn't worry about it.

Amazingly it hardly uses any oil although I only do around 3k miles pa, and everything else seems to be working/running fine too.

It's just the worry that I might be doing some damage to it by not fixing whatever it is that's triggering that warning light.

I'm assuming it's the yellow/orange engine management light.

Yellow is usually a caution/advisory light, red is critical, stop immediately.

Yes it's the yellow one Tom - the handbook suggests it could be something related to the fuel-injection.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #29556 on: April 05, 2018, 07:47:21 AM »

Outside my place there is a little patch of grass about two feet square that I have to stand on to open my gate. Dozens of dog walkers pass there every day. Ten feet away just inside the entrance to the park there is a dog poop bin.

Despite this, a found dog mess on the little patch of grass where I have to stand on an almost daily basis.

I  have never caught anyone letting their dog shit there, probably because they can hear my car coming down the lane long before I come into sight.

I don't keep regular hours, so I'm in and out at various times of the day and over a period of several months I managed to work out roughly when it was happening.

If I cleared the crap up last thing before bed it never reappeared before 7pm the following afternoon and if it was coming it was always there before 9pm. After that it was a simple job to lie in wait for the culprit.

It turned out to be an oldish bloke who I see regularly walking a collie x. He stepped off the pavement and led his dog to my gate where it immediately crapped on the grass. As soon as it was finished he walked off in the direction of Fosse meadows.

I scooped the crap into a bag and waited for him to return, then I followed him home discretely and when he had gone inside I threw the crap bag into his garden. (I was going to post it through his letterbox but I was scared of being seen and getting arrested).

When I got home I left a poop bag of the same colour, weighted down with a stone on the grass in front of my gate.

I haven't had a problem since. I still bump into him occasionally and we chat like old mates, but I know that he knows, and he knows that I know he knows.

Very good Tom
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29557 on: April 05, 2018, 09:11:00 PM »

I saw a fox today, a really big one.  I thought he was a dog at first.

He stood as bold as brass while I took his picture then just loped off.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29558 on: April 05, 2018, 09:14:05 PM »

I saw a fox today, a really big one.  I thought he was a dog at first.

He stood as bold as brass while I took his picture then just loped off.

Rare to see them out and about in broad daylight, or at least that seems to be the case in rural areas.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29559 on: April 05, 2018, 09:22:32 PM »

It was just dropping in dusk Tone.

I've just checked the details and the auto setting on my camera had wound the ISO (Sensitivity to light) up to 3200, hence the smeary detail. In full daylight the ISO would have been around 100.

UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #29560 on: April 05, 2018, 10:03:52 PM »

Love foxes. Do very jealous you saw one this up close in the wild. Great pic
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #29561 on: April 06, 2018, 11:25:09 AM »

Cheesy

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29562 on: April 06, 2018, 11:43:47 AM »

Cheesy

Incredible!

Great find.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29563 on: April 06, 2018, 11:45:25 AM »

This is a real eye opener. It's the first in a series of three. Give it a watch if you have the time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09xt5z3/hospital-series-3-episode-1

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #29564 on: April 06, 2018, 01:03:17 PM »

This is a real eye opener. It's the first in a series of three. Give it a watch if you have the time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09xt5z3/hospital-series-3-episode-1

Our youngest son who is now 18 was born with a congenital condition called Goldenhar Syndrome. He is very lucky and doesn't suffer from some of the more severe and visible defects that Goldenhar can cause but he does have scoliosis - this is his xray:

Mike Grevitt (the surgeon in the programme) has been his consultant for the last few years and a nicer doctor you could not hope to meet, he is an absolute star. Thankfully, James' degree of curvature is not bad enough to require surgery, his shoulders just look slightly asymmetrical.

It was pretty dusty in our house when we all watched this.
Pages: 1 ... 1967 1968 1969 1970 [1971] 1972 1973 1974 1975 ... 2342 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: