blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:47:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2007 2008 2009 2010 [2011] 2012 2013 2014 2015 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587201 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30150 on: November 09, 2018, 09:26:38 AM »

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30151 on: November 09, 2018, 09:32:18 AM »

Can't you eat those things quietly?

The older I get, the better I was.
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #30152 on: November 09, 2018, 06:36:34 PM »

About 10 years ago a random bloke asked Mrs Red if he could land his helicopter in our field. "Of course you can" she replied, thinking he was an idiot.

The next day his helicopter landed, and he brought us a bottle of single malt as a thank you.

I've just opened it.

Perhaps that was a mistake.....

What single malt Red? You can't just leave it there.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30153 on: November 10, 2018, 10:32:34 AM »

About 10 years ago a random bloke asked Mrs Red if he could land his helicopter in our field. "Of course you can" she replied, thinking he was an idiot.

The next day his helicopter landed, and he brought us a bottle of single malt as a thank you.

I've just opened it.

It's the age old story Kev: Droid meets droid, droid becomes chameleon, droid loses chameleon, chameleon turns into blob, droid gets blob back again, blob meets blob, blob goes off with blob and droid loses blob, chameleon and droid. How many times have we heard that tale?

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #30154 on: November 10, 2018, 10:58:40 AM »

I've just opened it.

It's the age old story Kev: Droid meets droid, droid becomes chameleon, droid loses chameleon, chameleon turns into blob, droid gets blob back again, blob meets blob, blob goes off with blob and droid loses blob, chameleon and droid. How many times have we heard that tale?

Whatever it s you’re smoking Red, i’d like to try some

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #30155 on: November 10, 2018, 11:03:24 AM »

I've just opened it.

<3 Kryten

Ah! The element of surprise
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30156 on: November 10, 2018, 02:54:08 PM »

Hello.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30157 on: November 11, 2018, 08:31:08 AM »

London is teeming with least we forgeters. About a billion people turned out in a monsoon last night to see the lights at the tower.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30158 on: November 11, 2018, 09:21:01 AM »

London is teeming with least we forgeters. About a billion people turned out in a monsoon last night to see the lights at the tower.

For some reason, I pictured you (in my mind) at The Cenotaph this morning.

Hope the weather is not too inclement.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30159 on: November 11, 2018, 10:10:27 AM »

Yes. I'm very privileged to be invited again.

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30160 on: November 13, 2018, 10:31:25 AM »

Why can't people mind their own business and let people take some responsibility for themselves?

We can buy cigarrettes, alcohol, fireworks, crossbows etc, but we should ban sugary milkshakes?

FO, FRO, and then FOSM!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46179175

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30161 on: November 13, 2018, 11:04:30 AM »

Why can't people mind their own business and let people take some responsibility for themselves?

We can buy cigarrettes, alcohol, fireworks, crossbows etc, but we should ban sugary milkshakes?

FO, FRO, and then FOSM!

On a similar theme, this was in Plymouth last week, where the local council were fearful that a headstone might fall over & injure someone.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #30162 on: November 13, 2018, 11:48:15 AM »

FO, FRO, and then FOSM!

On a similar theme, this was in Plymouth last week, where the local council were fearful that a headstone might fall over & injure someone.....

I remember a few years back in Nottingham there was outrage as some 'hooligans' had pushed over a load of headstones. Turned out it was actually the council who'd done it as they were in danger of falling over anyway.

I can understand councils doing this kind of thing, only takes one kid to get crushed under one and there's all hell to pay.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #30163 on: November 13, 2018, 12:07:50 PM »

Sadly there have been a few cases over the years of kids being killed by falling headstones, so, as long as it's a temporary measure until they're made safe, I don't see a lot to complain about. Other solution would be close the cemetery till fixed.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30164 on: November 13, 2018, 12:21:30 PM »

There's a headstone in Darfield that reads, "Here lies such and such, tragically killed when this stone fell on him..."

Pages: 1 ... 2007 2008 2009 2010 [2011] 2012 2013 2014 2015 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: