blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:39:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2102 2103 2104 2105 [2106] 2107 2108 2109 2110 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3600824 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31575 on: October 11, 2019, 02:43:56 PM »

As expected.

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #31576 on: October 11, 2019, 03:49:49 PM »

I can't work out if those sausages are side by side or on top of each other. It's like an optical illusion.

Think they're sliced longways and flattened out.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #31577 on: October 11, 2019, 03:51:08 PM »

I can't work out if those sausages are side by side or on top of each other. It's like an optical illusion.

Which is, of course, the correct way to marry bread and sausage, with a splodge of HP Sauce obviously.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #31578 on: October 11, 2019, 04:48:44 PM »

Which is, of course, the correct way to marry bread and sausage, with a splodge of HP Sauce obviously.

Don't mind a bit of HP on a cornish, but not that big a fan on a sausage sarnie.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31579 on: October 11, 2019, 05:52:15 PM »

So there's actually only three half sausages on that cob?

You wouldn't get away with that in Yorkshire.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31580 on: October 11, 2019, 06:07:58 PM »

No, 4 half sausages, which, aided by google & a spreadsheet, tells me it roughly equates to 2 sausages.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31581 on: October 11, 2019, 06:24:03 PM »

No, 4 half sausages, which, aided by google & a spreadsheet, tells me it roughly equates to 2 sausages.

So where have you hidden the forth sausage?

You do not have to say anything, but anything you do say may used in evidence against you.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31582 on: October 11, 2019, 06:58:50 PM »

You do not have to say anything, but anything you do say may used in evidence against you.

I ate it before taking the photo.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31583 on: October 11, 2019, 07:15:10 PM »

I ate it before taking the photo.

Don't give me that. No one eats the spare sausage before the cob, never mind before the photo.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31584 on: October 11, 2019, 07:25:33 PM »

I'll be honest, you got me there. I was struggling for an answer & thought I'd throw you off the scent.

Should have known you have a degree in how to consume a Sausage cob. 

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #31585 on: October 11, 2019, 08:23:11 PM »

I'll be honest, you got me there. I was struggling for an answer & thought I'd throw you off the scent.

Should have known you have a degree in how to consume a Sausage cob. 

I was actually more surprised that you hadn't gone for the falafel and hummous wrap on that Middle-Eastern Mainline menu.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #31586 on: October 11, 2019, 11:00:10 PM »

I’m going peterborough to Stansted on  Monday by train ,
£8 in cattle or £20 with food n drinks in first class
with a senior citizen railcard
Burp slurp 🥩🍔🍟🍕🍗🍸🍸🍻🍻☕️☕️

That sounds like a great deal. How far are you travelling and how much does the rail card save you?

Peterborough to Stansted Tom
The railcard costs £30 a year ?
Saves a third
£24 down to £16
So it needs 4 uses to be +ev
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #31587 on: October 11, 2019, 11:07:45 PM »

Sometimes I wake up at silly o'clock and I know I won't be going back to sleep again.

I woke up this morning at something to four and lay there In the dark for an hour with my eyes wide open.

I don't know if it's the same for others, but for me when this happens occasionally the darkness of the room seems to creep into my thoughts too. I feel anxious and everything begins to seem pointless and hopeless

Over the years I've learned that if I stay in bed, no matter how rational I try to be I will be thoroughly depressed by morning.

So now, when this happens I get up and go into the living room. I don't know turn the lights on because now, perversely, the darkness seems friendly and comforting.

I might switch on the electric fire so that I can see the coal effect, or stare out of the window and watch the silhouette of a tree slowly appear as the sky lightens.

I make a cup of tea and put the radio on low.

I suppose I'm just distracting myself but more often than not it seems to work and by the time dawn has broken I'm feeling much more optimistic.

Blimey! It's 6am already.

I could just eat Tony's optical illusion sausage sandwich right about now.

I’m exactly the same
I worry about the daftest of things like mowing the lawn and later I dodge it for ages ,until I grasp the bull by the horns and when it’s done there’s a big sigh of relief
Silly ?
Depressive  ?
Weird ?
I’m not sure
Some days it’s much worserer than others for no apparent reason
So no it’s not just you Tom and thankfully not just me .
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #31588 on: October 11, 2019, 11:15:25 PM »

Do the dogs get up with you Tom?

I have a similar problem waking up early. Once I wake up - usually 5 or 6 am - I just lay there & start to worry. Only cure is to get up.

Then by midday I need to have a sleep. Ridiculous really.

I nap at 4 pm to 530-630 pm Tony - Tom
My dog bramble a 12 year old border gets up if she thinks there’s a slice of ham or a dog chew involved or a pee is called for
Otherwise she then occupies my space in the bed but on top of the covers
Should I go back she goes to the foot of the bed ,her normal sleep position
The 17 year old cat curls herself around Denise’s head ,like a Russian hat ,woe betide anyone who touches her or attempts to move her .
Denise has never had a cat or dog and is most puzzled as the cat has never really shown anyone any signs of affection
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31589 on: October 11, 2019, 11:19:45 PM »

Sometimes I wake up at silly o'clock and I know I won't be going back to sleep again.

I woke up this morning at something to four and lay there In the dark for an hour with my eyes wide open.

I don't know if it's the same for others, but for me when this happens occasionally the darkness of the room seems to creep into my thoughts too. I feel anxious and everything begins to seem pointless and hopeless

Over the years I've learned that if I stay in bed, no matter how rational I try to be I will be thoroughly depressed by morning.

So now, when this happens I get up and go into the living room. I don't know turn the lights on because now, perversely, the darkness seems friendly and comforting.

I might switch on the electric fire so that I can see the coal effect, or stare out of the window and watch the silhouette of a tree slowly appear as the sky lightens.

I make a cup of tea and put the radio on low.

I suppose I'm just distracting myself but more often than not it seems to work and by the time dawn has broken I'm feeling much more optimistic.

Blimey! It's 6am already.

I could just eat Tony's optical illusion sausage sandwich right about now.

I’m exactly the same
I worry about the daftest of things like mowing the lawn and later I dodge it for ages ,until I grasp the bull by the horns and when it’s done there’s a big sigh of relief
Silly ?
Depressive  ?
Weird ?
I’m not sure
Some days it’s much worserer than others for no apparent reason
So no it’s not just you Tom and thankfully not just me .

I don't know why it makes me feel better knowing it happens to you too but it does.

Selfish eh?

Pages: 1 ... 2102 2103 2104 2105 [2106] 2107 2108 2109 2110 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: