blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:33:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
nirvana and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 2218 2219 2220 2221 [2222] 2223 2224 2225 2226 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587299 times)
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33315 on: February 23, 2021, 12:58:45 PM »

What do you think about this little pooch..

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1363877070007328770

Malinois are very intelligent and superb athletes Ralph, but that's an incredible leap all the same.

All the Labs are saying 'But you missed the water mate!!'.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33316 on: February 23, 2021, 02:49:07 PM »

Watched a film last night, basically because it was "Based on a true story"

Couple go camping in the woods, he gets eaten by a bear.

I looked up the actual story afterwards - Couple go into the woods, she gets eaten by a bear.

WTF?

I mean... why change it? It's not like it's a minor detail. 

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33317 on: February 23, 2021, 02:51:11 PM »

Algy met a bear
A bear met Algy
The bear was bulgy
The bulge was Algy

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33318 on: February 23, 2021, 03:06:23 PM »

Which reminds me...

The "I Shouldn't be Alive" series on Prime or YouTube is a must watch.

Reconstructed tales of survival against incredible odds with the actual participants telling the stories.

Sometimes the acting is a bit cheesy but the sheer gob-smack factor makes up for that.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33319 on: February 23, 2021, 03:35:10 PM »

I've ordered the dog-clippers Rod. It just seemed like destiny.

Thanks again.

I did laugh when I saw them & thought you'd like that Cheesy

Ordered yesterday, came this morning. £20.99 all in including a spare battery.

Incred.

I wonder if they do spare guides?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33320 on: February 23, 2021, 11:01:36 PM »

Sir David is showing his age now bless him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/science-environment-56175714

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33321 on: February 23, 2021, 11:06:11 PM »

Sir David is showing his age now bless him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/science-environment-56175714

Oh dear, that does not look good.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #33322 on: February 23, 2021, 11:38:08 PM »

We had the Eco Eggs for a couple of months, but I wasn't convinced.  They kind of worked, but some things smelled a bit.   The kids were younger at the time, and our washing machine was old, so maybe we'll give them another go. 

Do you use stain removers and anything to clean your machine every so often?

I do dislike all the stinky stuff too, but luckily my missus isn't a fan either, so we do ok.  My pet hate is liquid handwash.  We have the stuff everywhere apart from one bar of simple soap in the en-suite.  Handwash seems to be just an overpriced bunch of unnecessary chemicals put together to look and smell "nice".  Half of them seem to have something in them that makes my hands itch, particularly the "anti-bacterial" ones that she insists on.

I have watched the kids use it, and they pretty much put it on and wash it off in a couple of seconds.  My missus thinks squirting the bottle is more hygenic than using soap that has sat around, but I can't be arsed arguing about it, as she is the most stubborn person on Earth bar nobody.  She isn't ever changing her mind with the Covid around. 

I run the machine at 90 degrees every month or so to kill any bacteria. I'll squirt a bit of bleach in at the same time and that seems to keep it really sparkly.

I've used the machine cleaners you can buy occasionally and they work a treat as well but no better than the bleach from what I can tell.

I had an issue a while ago with clothes not smelling quite right but I just needed to refill the egg. That sorted it out straight away.

One of the really good things about the eco egg is that your machine doesn't get particularly dirty in the first place. All that powder residue really builds up and makes a stinky mess in no time. There's none of that to worry about so it stays pretty clean.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #33323 on: February 23, 2021, 11:49:01 PM »

I like the 'evilpie' look now and again i have done it several times in the past.   Is this your first time with it all off upstairs?  It's a nice option to have at our age when many blokes have no option.   How's the diet going?  finished now or carrying on til lockdown is over?

As for the pooch god he can jump out of the gym to use a basketball phrase.  Given he is relatively heavy i find that video hard to beleive it's true and not doctored.   

That's nothing for a Mali, absolutely incredible animals and like Tom says incredibly intelligent.

They're basically a small German Shepherd but with the agility of a cat. Some amazing videos on t'internet of them doing things you wouldn't believe were possible.

I'd love one but they would be really hard work. Being so intelligent, powerful and energetic they need to be 'worked' or they'll go crazy.

I'll stick to Rottweilers..... They're basically mini lions. They just sleep and then wake up occasionally for a snack.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33324 on: February 23, 2021, 11:56:18 PM »

I like the 'evilpie' look now and again i have done it several times in the past.   Is this your first time with it all off upstairs?  It's a nice option to have at our age when many blokes have no option.   How's the diet going?  finished now or carrying on til lockdown is over?

As for the pooch god he can jump out of the gym to use a basketball phrase.  Given he is relatively heavy i find that video hard to beleive it's true and not doctored.   

That's nothing for a Mali, absolutely incredible animals and like Tom says incredibly intelligent.

They're basically a small German Shepherd but with the agility of a cat. Some amazing videos on t'internet of them doing things you wouldn't believe were possible.

I'd love one but they would be really hard work. Being so intelligent, powerful and energetic they need to be 'worked' or they'll go crazy.

I'll stick to Rottweilers..... They're basically mini lions. They just sleep and then wake up occasionally for a snack.

So many people don't consider this Matt.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #33325 on: February 24, 2021, 12:12:41 AM »

Yeah there's so many dogs that I'd love to have as a companion one day but you have to get something to suit your activity levels.

I love border collies but you're looking at 3 hours per day minimum. Come on people..... It was bred to chase sheep!! Of course it can f**king run all day!!

Husky... Yes it's beautiful, wow look at those eyes.... That coat.... Get me that dog... What do you mean it's capable of pulling a cart 50 miles a day? Does that mean I can't just let it out in the garden a couple of times a day for a piss?

Morons...

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33326 on: February 24, 2021, 12:32:19 AM »

We had the Eco Eggs for a couple of months, but I wasn't convinced.  They kind of worked, but some things smelled a bit.   The kids were younger at the time, and our washing machine was old, so maybe we'll give them another go. 

Do you use stain removers and anything to clean your machine every so often?

I do dislike all the stinky stuff too, but luckily my missus isn't a fan either, so we do ok.  My pet hate is liquid handwash.  We have the stuff everywhere apart from one bar of simple soap in the en-suite.  Handwash seems to be just an overpriced bunch of unnecessary chemicals put together to look and smell "nice".  Half of them seem to have something in them that makes my hands itch, particularly the "anti-bacterial" ones that she insists on.

I have watched the kids use it, and they pretty much put it on and wash it off in a couple of seconds.  My missus thinks squirting the bottle is more hygenic than using soap that has sat around, but I can't be arsed arguing about it, as she is the most stubborn person on Earth bar nobody.  She isn't ever changing her mind with the Covid around. 

I run the machine at 90 degrees every month or so to kill any bacteria. I'll squirt a bit of bleach in at the same time and that seems to keep it really sparkly.

I've used the machine cleaners you can buy occasionally and they work a treat as well but no better than the bleach from what I can tell.

I had an issue a while ago with clothes not smelling quite right but I just needed to refill the egg. That sorted it out straight away.

One of the really good things about the eco egg is that your machine doesn't get particularly dirty in the first place. All that powder residue really builds up and makes a stinky mess in no time. There's none of that to worry about so it stays pretty clean.

A mate of mine is a washing machine repairman, he recommends an empty wash with a teacup of soda crystals every month or so to clean out the machine & have it last longer.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33327 on: February 24, 2021, 12:33:42 AM »

Yeah there's so many dogs that I'd love to have as a companion one day but you have to get something to suit your activity levels.

I love border collies but you're looking at 3 hours per day minimum. Come on people..... It was bred to chase sheep!! Of course it can f**king run all day!!

Husky... Yes it's beautiful, wow look at those eyes.... That coat.... Get me that dog... What do you mean it's capable of pulling a cart 50 miles a day? Does that mean I can't just let it out in the garden a couple of times a day for a piss?

Morons...

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33328 on: February 24, 2021, 08:39:41 AM »

I don't understand how why these juries keep handing down no charge verdicts.

BBC News - Daniel Prude: No charges for US officers over 'spit-hood' death
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56174489

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #33329 on: February 24, 2021, 12:49:32 PM »

Morons...

Agreed Matt, my border is now 17 months old. On a normal day we are out 3 times a day for about 2 hours a time.  Weekends we generally spend a good part of the day out, can be anywhere between 5 & 7 hours then a late evening walk. He still wants to be active when we get home with his chew/ fighting toys.

Almost everyone in our village owns a dog and I see a few Husky and collie types that I know are being wasted as they are getting very little exercise in relation to which they should be getting.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Pages: 1 ... 2218 2219 2220 2221 [2222] 2223 2224 2225 2226 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: