blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:27:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2219 2220 2221 2222 [2223] 2224 2225 2226 2227 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3600182 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33330 on: February 24, 2021, 01:22:25 PM »

I was reading this story about the MP who wasn't allowed to take part in a video link debate because he was wearing a jumper instead of a jacket and it got me thinking about dress-codes in general.

On the one hand I'm big into freedom of choice and expression, I like individuals and individuality, it makes the world more interesting.

On the other hand I like to see respect for convention, heritage and tradition. I mean, who wants to see their airline pilot rocking shorts and a hoodie?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56180675
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 01:25:13 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33331 on: February 24, 2021, 02:53:48 PM »

Jut read this review.

"It's really got everything and more".

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #33332 on: February 24, 2021, 03:08:33 PM »

Jut read this review.

"It's really got everything and more".

Reminds me of this great find..

Ah! The element of surprise
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33333 on: February 24, 2021, 03:15:15 PM »

Haha.

More of these please.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33334 on: February 24, 2021, 08:15:19 PM »

Is it a bird or is it a bloke?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56189600

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33335 on: February 24, 2021, 08:26:03 PM »

Ahh yes, the old bilateral gynandromorphism.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33336 on: February 24, 2021, 09:17:17 PM »

Barrack. (Obaaaama we presume?)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-australia-56189981

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33337 on: February 24, 2021, 09:59:47 PM »

If you use a ruler to measure the image of a snooker table on your telly, it's wider than it is long.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #33338 on: February 24, 2021, 10:21:12 PM »

If you use a ruler to measure the image of a snooker table on your telly, it's wider than it is long.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33339 on: February 24, 2021, 10:29:36 PM »

I love Father Ted.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #33340 on: February 25, 2021, 10:01:37 AM »

I love Father Ted.

I used to love it too.  I pretty much used to watch every new comedy on channel 4 back then and almost all of them were good.  Now, I don't think I regularly watch anything on any channel.  By the time I realise something is worth watching it has usually finished showing.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33341 on: February 25, 2021, 11:07:49 AM »

I love Father Ted.

I used to love it too.  I pretty much used to watch every new comedy on channel 4 back then and almost all of them were good.  Now, I don't think I regularly watch anything on any channel.  By the time I realise something is worth watching it has usually finished showing.

I watch a lot of stuff when it's years old.

Currently doing Phoenix Nights.

BTW- I heard this morning that a new season Frasier has been commissioned.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33342 on: February 25, 2021, 11:33:14 AM »

Also, why didn't someone tell me that Matt Groening has a new series out? (OK, 2018 but it's new to me)

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33343 on: February 25, 2021, 12:37:27 PM »

Based on a true story.

Adventurous bloke goes to Amazon to find El Dorado.

Hires two native guides, buys a canoe and some basic supplies, adopts a mongrel dog and all four of them paddle up a river into the jungle.

About six weeks in the bloke is having a great time but is totally reliant on the guides for finding food and building shelters.

At this point they begin to notice signs of other people- empty rum bottles and tin cans floating in the water.

That night, when they go ashore to make camp, they stumble on a rough shelter in a clearing. There is no one there but it is obviously inhabited. The bloke is nervous because he has herd that escaped convicts and other criminals often hide out in the jungle but the native guides have no such qualms and proceed to drink from a rum bottle they find in the shelter.

Two rough looking men suddenly appear, bloke almost craps himself but the men are friendly and invite him to stay the night.

Unable to sleep, the bloke leaves his hammock in the middle of the night and begins to make his way to where the men are drinking rum around a camp fire. As he approaches, he hears them discussing how to murder him.

In a panic he creeps away and, followed only by his dog, legs it back to where the canoe is moored. He jumps in and paddles away.

He continues to paddle for several hours until he is exhausted, then he pulls ashore and tries to build a makeshift shelter like he has seen the natives do. It seems OK but he gets soaked during the night. The next morning he feels terrible.

He sets of paddling again but hits some rapids, his canoe is smashed and he almost drowns, everything is lost except a small survival bag which he manages to grab, even his dog has gone.

He checks the contents of the bag and finds a machete, a water bottle, a compass and a lighter.

Faced with a wall of jungle he picks a direction and resolves to continue walking as straight as possible until he makes it out.

After a couple of days and 4 or five miles of progress he is desperately hungry. He is managing to find water in puddles. He tries to build animal traps like the natives did but is unsuccessful. His mosquito net was lost in the rapids and every night he is bitten all over.

After two weeks he is covered in infected wounds and almost dead from starvation. He lies down and falls asleep wondering if he will ever wake up again.

During the night he hears an animal moving in the bushes, it's seems to be coming closer. He prepares to defend himself but his  dog strolls into camp looking almost as rough as he does. There is a joyful reunion and they fall asleep together.

The next morning, feeling almost too weak to go on, the bloke considers killing and eating the dog but he can't bring himself to do it, eventually, they walk on together.

They struggle on for two more weeks. The bloke develops malaria and knows he is on the verge of death from starvation. His one chance is to kill and eat the dog.

I will tell you what happened later.

I know it's difficult to put yourself in his position, but in all honesty, what do you think you would do?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 12:42:44 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33344 on: February 25, 2021, 01:14:02 PM »

There is a snippet of something running around in my mind and I can't pin it down.

The bit I remember goes..

Da da da da da da da da da
And Surrey were 'undreds for three
Then Tiger got caught in the covers
Da da da da da da de de.

Google doesn't seem to know. Any help appreciated

Pages: 1 ... 2219 2220 2221 2222 [2223] 2224 2225 2226 2227 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: