blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:02:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2277 2278 2279 2280 [2281] 2282 2283 2284 2285 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3610842 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #34200 on: February 05, 2022, 11:14:37 AM »

I love this story. Despite the faux edginess hes about as establishment, slightly left, slightly woke as they come and still gets a pile on. FWIW i dont think anything should be out of bounds for comedy. His problem here was just that it wasnt funny, you probably had to be there

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34201 on: February 05, 2022, 11:23:33 AM »

I love this story. Despite the faux edginess hes about as establishment, slightly left, slightly woke as they come and still gets a pile on. FWIW i dont think anything should be out of bounds for comedy. His problem here was just that it wasnt funny, you probably had to be there

Which story Glen, the Holocaust one?

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34202 on: February 05, 2022, 11:37:59 AM »

The trouble with the Holocaust joke is that a huge number of people, and by that I mean the majority of the population, still thing it's OK to discriminate against Gypsies, and stuff like this re-enforces hat notion.

Obviously people who don't know me don't realise immediately that I'm a Gypsy and I can't tell you how many times they have made some casual discriminatory remark and just assumed that I would agree.

Our local post office was robbed at gunpoint recently and the postmaster, who knows me well told me that the police told him it was probably Gypsies.

I asked him if he questioned them as to why they thought that and he said no, but it probably was.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #34203 on: February 05, 2022, 12:07:38 PM »

Which story Glen, the Holocaust one?

Aye Dog, Aye

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #34204 on: February 05, 2022, 12:08:41 PM »

The trouble with the Holocaust joke is that a huge number of people, and by that I mean the majority of the population, still thing it's OK to discriminate against Gypsies, and stuff like this re-enforces hat notion.

Obviously people who don't know me don't realise immediately that I'm a Gypsy and I can't tell you how many times they have made some casual discriminatory remark and just assumed that I would agree.

Our local post office was robbed at gunpoint recently and the postmaster, who knows me well told me that the police told him it was probably Gypsies.

I asked him if he questioned them as to why they thought that and he said no, but it probably was.

Thats very true and why its pretty hard to find it funny or expect people to position it as satire. Abou as satirically funny as ancient and terrible series like Love thy Neighbour

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34205 on: February 05, 2022, 12:30:16 PM »

Thats very true and why its pretty hard to find it funny or expect people to position it as satire. Abou as satirically funny as ancient and terrible series like Love thy Neighbour

I don't see how you can reconcile that with the notion that nothing should be out of bounds for his comedy though.

As I said, perhaps I'm just to close.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #34206 on: February 05, 2022, 01:14:42 PM »

I don't see how you can reconcile that with the notion that nothing should be out of bounds for his comedy though.

As I said, perhaps I'm just to close.

Fair point Tom. A moment when being generally liberal and pro freedom of speech runs into something which should be obviously unacceptable in my view, like the N word and a few other things.

So I generally think nothing is out of bounds but can be persuaded that there are legit exceptions

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #34207 on: February 05, 2022, 01:18:48 PM »

Acceptable holocaust joke?

https://twitter.com/Baddiel/status/1489911643974914051?t=0bD-Yc1QYl8vEATDH_wcWQ&s=19

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34208 on: February 05, 2022, 01:24:38 PM »

https://twitter.com/Baddiel/status/1489911643974914051?t=0bD-Yc1QYl8vEATDH_wcWQ&s=19

Fabulous.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34209 on: February 05, 2022, 01:27:11 PM »

I just wonder if Jimmy Carr could have used any of the other groups that the Nazis murdered and got a big laugh. The Jews, the retarded, the disabled, the homosexuals...

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #34210 on: February 05, 2022, 01:29:21 PM »

I'm not really sure. It doesn't offend my sensibilities like the Carr joke does.

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #34211 on: February 05, 2022, 01:31:22 PM »

I just wonder if Jimmy Carr could have used any of the other groups that the Nazis murdered and got a big laugh. The Jews, the retarded, the disabled, the homosexuals...

He definitely couldn't and why it was so pernicious.

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #34212 on: February 05, 2022, 01:34:15 PM »

Bottom line is - he should be cancelled. No ifs no buts

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34213 on: February 05, 2022, 01:38:09 PM »

He definitely couldn't and why it was so pernicious.

I love it when people use a word that I have to look up, especially when it turns out to be exactly the right word.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34214 on: February 06, 2022, 09:42:02 AM »

https://twitter.com/RobbieRinder/status/1489885420141830144?s=20&t=8KJUgemc_9k99j7AJn3ZUg

Pages: 1 ... 2277 2278 2279 2280 [2281] 2282 2283 2284 2285 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: