blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:15:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2275 2276 2277 2278 [2279] 2280 2281 2282 2283 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3609682 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34170 on: February 01, 2022, 01:34:05 PM »

What a weird description.

an uncrowned draught

Lol. Did it work for you?

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34171 on: February 01, 2022, 02:19:23 PM »

What a weird description.

an uncrowned draught

Lol. Did it work for you?

I tried to think of a better description, but I could not. 

PS - That's some magnet you've got there.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #34172 on: February 01, 2022, 05:27:24 PM »

My golf gps distance finder has a strong magnet inside to attach it to a golf buggy, if required. Even though the magnet is behind plastic, you can hang a golf club from it.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34173 on: February 01, 2022, 07:44:32 PM »

Just done mine. Are we early this year?

Cut it today, almost a month earlier than last year.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34174 on: February 02, 2022, 01:32:27 PM »

Controversy surrounding the signing of David Goodwillie, (Lol) by Raith Rovers.

The bit I don't understand is that prosecutors said there wasn't enough evidence for a criminal trial but he was convicted in a civil case.

If there is not enough evidence for a criminal trial, how can you be forced to take part in a civil trial?

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #34175 on: February 02, 2022, 02:10:50 PM »

These cases always trouble me so I had a quick look

Not my favourite paper but gives an overview of what happened https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10466263/Q-civil-court-case-led-outrage-Raith-Rovers-signing-striker-David-Goodwillie.html

Sounds like the CPS didn't think the case would stand up so they dropped it, but then she was awarded compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority.

Assume she can bring a civil case as long as she can find someone willing to represent her either for the moral grounds or the fee.

Rape prosecutions are really low compared to the number of cases I think so there must be a lot that they don't think they will get a good result on. Sad.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #34176 on: February 02, 2022, 02:54:08 PM »

Controversy surrounding the signing of David Goodwillie, (Lol) by Raith Rovers.

The bit I don't understand is that prosecutors said there wasn't enough evidence for a criminal trial but he was convicted in a civil case.

If there is not enough evidence for a criminal trial, how can you be forced to take part in a civil trial?

The evidence was the same, but the hurdle is lower in a civil trial.  He was found to be a rapist on the balance of probabilities because it was a civil trial.  The case wasn't bought before a criminal trial because it was thought there wasn't enough evidence to show he was guilty beyond reasonable doubt.  I don't think it is that clear that there wasn't enough evidence, but that was the decision made.

This demonstrates the difference between not guilty and innocent.  Many rapists are found not guilty, a lower proportion will be innocent.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #34177 on: February 02, 2022, 06:29:18 PM »

Did mine 2 weeks ago
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34178 on: February 02, 2022, 07:01:34 PM »

Not my favourite paper but gives an overview of what happened https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10466263/Q-civil-court-case-led-outrage-Raith-Rovers-signing-striker-David-Goodwillie.html

Sounds like the CPS didn't think the case would stand up so they dropped it, but then she was awarded compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority.

Assume she can bring a civil case as long as she can find someone willing to represent her either for the moral grounds or the fee.

Rape prosecutions are really low compared to the number of cases I think so there must be a lot that they don't think they will get a good result on. Sad.

So imagine I accuse you of, say, abducting me and forcing me to eat a meat pie, can l bring a civil case against you and represent myself?

Basically what I'm asking is, do I need someone's permission to bring a civil case?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34179 on: February 02, 2022, 07:02:11 PM »

Did mine 2 weeks ago

Incred.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #34180 on: February 02, 2022, 08:41:14 PM »

So imagine I accuse you of, say, abducting me and forcing me to eat a meat pie, can l bring a civil case against you and represent myself?

Basically what I'm asking is, do I need someone's permission to bring a civil case?

I think you can, but there would be costs involved, which might deter you?

Unless you assume you are going to be awarded some pretty hefty damages in relation to when I forced that meat pie into your mouth.

I would like to hope if you were representing yourself, I could get a reasonable lawyer to get the case thrown out and then you would have to pay his bill too.

If you had a video or witness of the incident then maybe we would look to settle out of court.

Maybe we could come to an arrangement where we sell the video and split the profits?

In summary, no I don't think you need anyone's permission, but unless it has some grounds it's a bit of a waste of time and money.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #34181 on: February 02, 2022, 09:51:25 PM »

Did mine 2 weeks ago

Incred.

Not had a lot of rain down South in January.
Never got a last cut of the year in Nov/Dec so was already on the longer side.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #34182 on: February 02, 2022, 10:55:31 PM »

re civil cases - the costs depend on the amount claimed.  The costs are limited for a "small claim" - up to £10k, but I think that above that things get a bit scary. 

You might remember the story of Kerry Packer getting a bit of mouth about how much he was gambling by an American beside him at the table.  Packer asked the American how much he was worth.  "Two billion" said the man proudly.  "I'll toss you for it" replied Packer and was met with a long silence.  The law is a bit like that unfortunately.  You might have your home and life savings on the line to pay costs if you lose, but for your adversary that amount might mean nothing.  So you're on the bubble with a big stack moving in on your blind and have to throw away your hand.   
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34183 on: February 03, 2022, 07:52:16 AM »

I love the Kerry Packers story.

PS- I also liked the bubble analogy.

PPS- I also like the idea of getting paid for a video of me eating a pie.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34184 on: February 03, 2022, 12:59:31 PM »

Breaking News.

Due to rising food prices the 3 second rule has now been extended to 6 seconds.

Pages: 1 ... 2275 2276 2277 2278 [2279] 2280 2281 2282 2283 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: