blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:57:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2276 2277 2278 2279 [2280] 2281 2282 2283 2284 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3609928 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #34185 on: February 03, 2022, 06:57:43 PM »

Breaking News.

Due to rising food prices the 3 second rule has now been extended to 6 seconds.

Go on then I'll bite - what is the 3-second rule?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34186 on: February 03, 2022, 07:03:45 PM »

Breaking News.

Due to rising food prices the 3 second rule has now been extended to 6 seconds.

Go on then I'll bite - what is the 3-second rule?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five-second_rule#:~:text=The%20five%2Dsecond%20rule%2C%20sometimes,and%20thus%20exposed%20to%20contamination.

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #34187 on: February 03, 2022, 10:38:31 PM »

I'm sure that is not applicable chez Red where I'd be more than happy to eat off the floor let alone pick up cutlery.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34188 on: February 03, 2022, 11:47:58 PM »

I'm sure that is not applicable chez Red where I'd be more than happy to eat off the floor let alone pick up cutlery.

Gypsy women inherit a cleaning gene Ralph, it's like a form of carbolic fuelled tourettes.

If it's nailed down, wash it. If it's not nailed down, take it outside and wash it.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34189 on: February 03, 2022, 11:48:58 PM »

https://fb.watch/aY8ngPGz6L/

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #34190 on: February 04, 2022, 09:37:22 AM »

Quality camera work

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #34191 on: February 04, 2022, 10:14:14 AM »

This looks terrible, and there is a lot of obvious hate thrown at Gypsies in the World, but I do hate the cut off straight after.  It feels like he could be making some point, but we don't know what it is without the context of what came before and after.  It is entirely possible he is just making some offensive joke, and that is it, and if it was, he should be condemned. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #34192 on: February 04, 2022, 11:07:37 AM »

This looks terrible, and there is a lot of obvious hate thrown at Gypsies in the World, but I do hate the cut off straight after.  It feels like he could be making some point, but we don't know what it is without the context of what came before and after.  It is entirely possible he is just making some offensive joke, and that is it, and if it was, he should be condemned. 

I watched the show - the cut off was just before. He started that section by talking something like it's not worth going to see "edgy" comedians if they're not "edgy" so here are all the career enders.

Conceputally that seems fine - but a bunch of his "edgy" jokes like that rely on people still finding it funny anyway.

To be honest it was a disappointing show, I was used to his asides on game shows but if that was representative of his normal standup career then I think his material and the structure of his show is several decades out of date.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34193 on: February 04, 2022, 11:14:27 AM »

I saw the entire show, that joke was one of a set that he calls his 'career ending' jokes.

I like Jimmy Carr and I laugh when he makes jokes about other people so I can't complain too much.

I know a lot about the true Horror of the Holocaust and I'm a Gypsy. Perhaps I'm just too close to be objective.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34194 on: February 04, 2022, 11:16:59 AM »

Clarkson announced his new Grand Tour show with, "We will travel so much we will be like Gypsies, except our cars will be insured".

I laughed at that.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 11:56:51 AM by RED-DOG » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34195 on: February 04, 2022, 11:19:35 AM »

Quality camera work

That's fabulous.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34196 on: February 04, 2022, 11:48:41 AM »

Is it just me or does anyone else find this utterly fascinating?

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/thermocompensation-methods-and-movements.2087/

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #34197 on: February 04, 2022, 12:05:53 PM »

I saw the entire show, that joke was one of a set that he calls his 'career ending' jokes.

I like Jimmy Carr and I laugh when he makes jokes about other people so I can't complain too much.

I know a lot about the true Horror of the Holocaust and I'm a Gypsy. Perhaps I'm just too close to be objective.

I wince at lots of jokes that are close to the bone; I did at this one.  I don't think you are too close; my first thought on seeing it was a section marked 'career ending' jokes was so why do it?  He seems to be more than capable of making good jokes without getting so offensive. 

Anyway top work from the kid in the parrot film, doesn't look the easiest terrain to retrieve a go pro from.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34198 on: February 05, 2022, 08:47:37 AM »

BBC News - Jimmy Carr sparks fury with Holocaust routine in Netflix special
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60261876

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #34199 on: February 05, 2022, 08:51:08 AM »

BBC News - Jimmy Carr sparks fury with Holocaust routine in Netflix special
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60261876

I just assumed it was an old film and not that recent.   Feels like he wouldn't make the same joke with the Gypsies mentioned first and the Jews second.

Pages: 1 ... 2276 2277 2278 2279 [2280] 2281 2282 2283 2284 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: