blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:01:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1157 1158 1159 1160 [1161] 1162 1163 1164 1165 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3600441 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #17400 on: March 12, 2012, 10:56:55 PM »

I haven't heard from Maureen in a while so I bumped Reece's thread.

Then I got to thinking..  I haven't heard from Boldie for ages. Anyone know the SP?

Boshi and I were talking about Boldie just the other day.  He reminded me - Boldie's been up to his eyeballs at work lately.  As much as we like to tease the guy, he's pretty tall so his eyeballs are pretty high up there.  Will send a message to Mrs. B and let her know we're asking for him.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17401 on: March 12, 2012, 11:09:00 PM »

My mate and I once parked a recovery truck on the side of the road while we loaded a car that we had bought from Bawtry auction. (Well I say recovery truck, it was actually an old flat bed Ford D series with two planks for ramps)

Anyway, we inadvertently blocked someone's driveway and he came out jumping about and swearing at us fit to bust. We apologised, but he was having none of it, he called us everything from pigs to dogs.

'Fine' we said, and leaving the truck where it was, promptly walked off to the pub for an hour. When we came back, my mate was a bit worse for wear and wanted to discuss the situation further. He banged on the blokes door but if he was in there, he wasn't coming out.

We parked there on purpose a couple of times after that, but we never saw him again.

The older I get, the better I was.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #17402 on: March 12, 2012, 11:43:35 PM »

Is the China Rose still therecat Bawtry? Lovely chinese restaurant but ad some bad press that nearly ruined it... Nasty rumour it was serving some 'non-traditional' meats.

Loving the bird photos btw
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17403 on: March 12, 2012, 11:48:13 PM »

Is the China Rose still therecat Bawtry? Lovely chinese restaurant but ad some bad press that nearly ruined it... Nasty rumour it was serving some 'non-traditional' meats.

Yep, still there.

http://www.chinarose.co.uk/

Are you into birds (feathered) or photography yourself then Greg?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17404 on: March 12, 2012, 11:49:27 PM »

Then I got to thinking..  I haven't heard from Boldie for ages. Anyone know the SP?

Boshi and I were talking about Boldie just the other day.  He reminded me - Boldie's been up to his eyeballs at work lately.  As much as we like to tease the guy, he's pretty tall so his eyeballs are pretty high up there.  Will send a message to Mrs. B and let her know we're asking for him.

Thank you ma'am.

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #17405 on: March 12, 2012, 11:52:36 PM »

Yep, still there.

Yup, off to norfolk soon for a week of twitching and walking with the mrs...

May try and borrow the father in laws SLR as dont have a decent camera, got some sick binoculars though! Member if the RSPB and all rond nature geek. I know i look all cool and 'edgy' but its all for show, i am a bit soft underneath.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17406 on: March 12, 2012, 11:56:10 PM »

Yep, still there.

Yup, off to norfolk soon for a week of twitching and walking with the mrs...

May try and borrow the father in laws SLR as dont have a decent camera, got some sick binoculars though! Member if the RSPB and all rond nature geek. I know i look all cool and 'edgy' but its all for show, i am a bit soft underneath.

Good for you Greg. One day, we softies will rule the world!

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17407 on: March 13, 2012, 12:03:35 AM »

Got this one of a blackbird in the dew.

Aint e andsome?

Click to see full-size image.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17408 on: March 13, 2012, 07:14:28 AM »

He is back.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=39530.1170

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #17409 on: March 13, 2012, 07:24:39 AM »

He is back.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=39530.1170

Premature excitamation.  He's only 'sort of' back in honour of Cheltenham week.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #17410 on: March 13, 2012, 08:18:41 AM »

I bet the memory of seeing that heron is sharp and clear though.

VWP Tom.  Grin

I remember the Allegro, bleeding awful in general and although I never drove one that steering wheel called te "quartic" was tilting. I was an apprentice mechanic in those days and the early ones had crank problems. It was superceded by the Maestro, talk about fire and frying pan.

Bullfinch photo's are stunning.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17411 on: March 13, 2012, 08:34:28 AM »

I bet the memory of seeing that heron is sharp and clear though.

VWP Tom.  Grin

I remember the Allegro, bleeding awful in general and although I never drove one that steering wheel called te "quartic" was tilting. I was an apprentice mechanic in those days and the early ones had crank problems. It was superceded by the Maestro, talk about fire and frying pan.

Bullfinch photo's are stunning.

I didn't know you were a grease-monkey Kev.

I sold the Allegro and took a green Marina in part x.  It was knocking it's brains out but I didn't really care, I only allowed scrap value on it.

I used it as a runabout for months. When I was a long way from home I used to nurse it, and when I was local I would ramp it but it wouldn't die.

It cliug grimly to life for at least a year, finally scumming at about 3am on New Year's eve, on the way home from a piss up with my snooker buddies.

Old cars bring back some great memories. If I watch a film set in the 60's or 70's I'm always calling out things like "Look, there's a Hillman Imp!"  or  "Wow, a MKIII Cortina!".

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #17412 on: March 13, 2012, 09:17:21 AM »

For some reason I decided that's what I wanted to do when I left school. There wasn't much parental guidence for me in those days, mine were too busy taking chunks out of each other. I left school in 75 and there were no apprenticeships about so after a few weeks of fannying around I started knocking on doors until I found a garage that would give me a job. £11 a week and started the next day. I learned a lot whilst there, mostly about people. The boss was bully and one of the mechanics was very nasty and told me I would never be as good as Chris, the other apprentice. Chris was a good mate and we used to go on the pull together. Others were great, Charlie was the eldest mechanicand had lots of stories about working on tanks and other army vehicles. He was a keen caravaner and one day he decide to convert a tranny van into a camper van. We worked on it during our lunch break for weeks. I got my payback one day some years later when I was a sales manager and earning good dosh. My 760 Volvo had problems with it's overdrive and I took it to a local garage and nasty mechanic was working there. I step out in my sharp suit and he recognised me. He has the task of ramping it up and taking a look. He actually asked me if it was my car lol. I just happened to mention the capri in my garage at home and the merc I was driving too, although I failed to mention the merc was a company car.

Anyway I was a grease monkey for just 2 1/2 years and had to leave and get a job on the Michelin factory because my parents finally devorced and I had to earn more money to help with the finances. As a GM I earned £20 for a 52 hour week. On the Mich they paid me £60 a week and within 6 months got an £18 a week pay rise. They paid £30 for an overtime Sunday night shift and £21 for a Saturday morning. I was loaded lol.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17413 on: March 13, 2012, 09:28:02 AM »

For some reason I decided that's what I wanted to do when I left school. There wasn't much parental guidence for me in those days, mine were too busy taking chunks out of each other. I left school in 75 and there were no apprenticeships about so after a few weeks of fannying around I started knocking on doors until I found a garage that would give me a job. £11 a week and started the next day. I learned a lot whilst there, mostly about people. The boss was bully and one of the mechanics was very nasty and told me I would never be as good as Chris, the other apprentice. Chris was a good mate and we used to go on the pull together. Others were great, Charlie was the eldest mechanicand had lots of stories about working on tanks and other army vehicles. He was a keen caravaner and one day he decide to convert a tranny van into a camper van. We worked on it during our lunch break for weeks. I got my payback one day some years later when I was a sales manager and earning good dosh. My 760 Volvo had problems with it's overdrive and I took it to a local garage and nasty mechanic was working there. I step out in my sharp suit and he recognised me. He has the task of ramping it up and taking a look. He actually asked me if it was my car lol. I just happened to mention the capri in my garage at home and the merc I was driving too, although I failed to mention the merc was a company car.

Anyway I was a grease monkey for just 2 1/2 years and had to leave and get a job on the Michelin factory because my parents finally devorced and I had to earn more money to help with the finances. As a GM I earned £20 for a 52 hour week. On the Mich they paid me £60 a week and within 6 months got an £18 a week pay rise. They paid £30 for an overtime Sunday night shift and £21 for a Saturday morning. I was loaded lol.

Great story Kev, Thank you. (Isn't payback wonderful?)

More like this please peeps.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #17414 on: March 13, 2012, 11:45:08 AM »

China rose and the Dower House (Indian) are both top quality for such a small town. Actually drove through Bawtry going the back roads to Dtd last month having been delayed on the motorway the day before.  We go M18 / M1 all the time but my preferred root is to follow the Trent bank  from our doorstep down through Newark then onto Nottingham. Brings back so many happy memories of match fishing on the trent in its heyday. Smiley

I would love a night at Bawtry auctions for old time sake too

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 ... 1157 1158 1159 1160 [1161] 1162 1163 1164 1165 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: