blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 09:01:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273021 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1554 1555 1556 1557 [1558] 1559 1560 1561 1562 ... 2348 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3654781 times)
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #23355 on: October 08, 2013, 05:03:00 PM »

What a revealing and insightful post.

I can't say I really understand it as a religion, but I have a lot of time for the whole Karma thing. I mean, what a great concept. Be nice, do good things, and good things will come to you in return.

Is that about right?

[/quote]

Yes and other things, it's about resolving the soul and reaching liberation.  If Karma is unresolved, the soul is reborn into a new body, if it is resolved, you attain something called Moksa which means liberation or freedom from bodily restrictions, which I can only describe as the Hindu version of the Christian heaven.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 05:16:25 PM by BangBang » Logged

"Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up" ... Dr. Emmett Brown

https://twitter.com/#!/Steven_Sethi
https://www.instagram.com/stevensethi/?hl=en
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23356 on: October 08, 2013, 05:22:19 PM »

Noooooo..... Christmas ads on telly already.

I told you religion has a lot to answer for.

The older I get, the better I was.
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #23357 on: October 08, 2013, 05:24:40 PM »

Isn't this one of the reasons we have online poker.....?!!

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #23358 on: October 08, 2013, 06:29:21 PM »

Don't you believe in Santa either?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23359 on: October 08, 2013, 11:51:20 PM »

I remember years ago having a conversation about death.

Is it fate, or is it that your time is up?

Thoughts?

Also, how strongly do you believe in karma? Ever had a good example of good karma in your life?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #23360 on: October 09, 2013, 12:19:03 AM »

Thoughts?

Also, how strongly do you believe in karma? Ever had a good example of good karma in your life?

Don't really have any thoughts about death.  Just happens I suppose.

As for karma, I see some belters on facebook from my time at school.
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #23361 on: October 09, 2013, 12:59:24 AM »

Thoughts?

I have examples for both good Karma & Bad Karma but can’t answer with Tal loose on the forum….   Cheesy

Really shouldn’t get into this on Toms blog but here are some of my thoughts on the topic.  

Disclaimer: All beliefs are my own and if anyone is offended by these I apologize in advance, I respect all beliefs, so I would ask that you respect mine when replying to my specific beliefs. But please feel free to question and debate. Moderators delete if need be

Sanskara is a sanskirt word which means under the impulse left by previous impressions. Whenever an action is performed with the desire for a specific result (whether for oneself or another), sanskara is created for that person. These accumulate and determine the situations with which we will be presented in the future and will influence the scope of future actions (Wiki)

Hindus believe that our actions or lack of them within this life have a bearing on our next life (Based on the reincarnation belief)  these inevitably effect our Sanskara (Cause and effect)

So the family and circumstance that I was born into is related to my Sanskara which intern is based on my previous life, so this element is ‘fate’ as it’s predetermined

Now the decisions that I make in my life and the type of person I am, is choice, so the choices I make today that effect the course of my life are all made via free will so fate has no role to play in death, it’s circumstance based on the choices you made previous to that, which is cause and effect.

Pretty confusing for the lay person but makes sense to people that belief in it.

If we do good and take action where it is required we have good karma thus our lives will be more enriched in the human form.  If we do good and fulfill our role by enriching other peoples lives and passing on our good karma we may reach Moksha which I explained in my previous post. I literally have no chance of reaching Moskha in this life...  

No if we make bad choices and fail to take action our decisions have a bearing on our life and our next life.  Which is fate.

Just to confuse you even more, we believe that fate is only restricted to our human form, not our soul.

So in short, death is not fate.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 01:37:35 AM by BangBang » Logged

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23362 on: October 09, 2013, 01:06:33 AM »

So when your time is up, your time is up?

If so, a man runs for a bus, he stops to help someone who has fallen over, he misses his bus.

He crosses the road to get a taxi, and is involved in a crash on the way home. He dies. That's not fate?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #23363 on: October 09, 2013, 01:21:11 AM »

So when your time is up, your time is up?

If so, a man runs for a bus, he stops to help someone who has fallen over, he misses his bus.

He crosses the road to get a taxi, and is involved in a crash on the way home. He dies. That's not fate?

That's all situation, chance and circumstance, free will can be exercised.

(I wrote a really long piece and used Rasta-fish and Jason Herbert as characters, but I know I'll get an call tomorrow off one of them so I refrained lol... )

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #23364 on: October 09, 2013, 07:49:57 AM »

I have examples for both good Karma & Bad Karma but can’t answer with Tal loose on the forum

I am a man of faith. Strong faith. You are completely safe with me. I try on the whole to avoid debates about religion and politics, save for the odd bits and bobs here and there. But I owe a lot to my faith.

A very good friend of mine is essentially Christian but believes in reincarnation.

All a chat for another day. At least from my end.

God bless.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23365 on: October 09, 2013, 08:11:33 AM »

Thoughts?

I don't believe in fate.

If you are standing at the kerb waiting to cross a busy road and you decide to step in frond of a bus, you will die, not because of fate, and not because your time is up, but because you decided to step in front of a bus.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23366 on: October 09, 2013, 08:23:31 AM »

I have examples for both good Karma & Bad Karma but can’t answer with Tal loose on the forum

I am a man of faith. Strong faith. You are completely safe with me. I try on the whole to avoid debates about religion and politics, save for the odd bits and bobs here and there. But I owe a lot to my faith.

A very good friend of mine is essentially Christian but believes in reincarnation.

God bless.

I too usually avoid debates about religion, but my original question was genuine. When I found out that religious education was compulsory, I really was curious to know if it was taught as fact.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #23367 on: October 09, 2013, 08:33:50 AM »

God bless.

I too usually avoid debates about religion, but my original question was genuine. When I found out that religious education was compulsory, I really was curious to know if it was taught as fact.

Wasn't a dig at you, sir. Was just responding to what I gathered to be feedback from BangBang about how he thought I would react to a point on religion.

Jesus didn't say "you must follow me else"; he said 'I am the way to Heaven and you can choose after seeing what you have seen, reading what you have read and hearing what you have heard whether you want to follow me'

Again, a debate for another time Wink

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23368 on: October 09, 2013, 08:37:13 AM »

Thoughts?

Don't really have any thoughts about death.  Just happens I suppose.

As for karma, I see some belters on facebook from my time at school.

The reason you don't have any thoughts about death is because you're like, 12 or something, and that's how it should be.

In another 50 years or so, when you begin to occasionally notice the rattle of time's winged chariot above the ambient noise, it will be a whole nother ball game.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23369 on: October 09, 2013, 08:41:40 AM »

God bless.

Wasn't a dig at you, sir. Was just responding to what I gathered to be feedback from BangBang about how he thought I would react to a point on religion.

Jesus didn't say "you must follow me else"; he said 'I am the way to Heaven and you can choose after seeing what you have seen, reading what you have read and hearing what you have heard whether you want to follow me'

Again, a debate for another time Wink

I know it wasn't a dig at me. I never thought it was.

Text is such a difficult medium.

The other day, I was in the process of writing a PM to someone because I was worried he might have taken one if my comments the wrong way when I received one from him hoping I hadn't done the same with one of his.

Pages: 1 ... 1554 1555 1556 1557 [1558] 1559 1560 1561 1562 ... 2348 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: