blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:02:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1809 1810 1811 1812 [1813] 1814 1815 1816 1817 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3600100 times)
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27180 on: October 13, 2015, 02:28:18 PM »

Got myself a pair of these bad boys yesterday.

Click to see full-size image.

Genuine British Army Woodland DPM Extreme Cold Weather Outer Mitts.

So no-one can see your hand?

Yes. So no one can see my warm dry hands when I'm on my motorbike.
These are better. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OXFORD-BONE-DRY-MOTORCYCLE-MOTROBIKE-SCOOTER-BIKE-THERMAL-BAR-HANDLEBAR-MUFFS-/381017331098
Means you can wear thinner gloves and actually feel the controls. I had these fitted in conjunction with heated grips and wore summer gloves all year when i commuted on a bike.

Cymru am byth
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27181 on: October 13, 2015, 02:37:43 PM »

Got myself a pair of these bad boys yesterday.

Genuine British Army Woodland DPM Extreme Cold Weather Outer Mitts.

So no-one can see your hand?

Yes. So no one can see my warm dry hands when I'm on my motorbike.
These are better. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OXFORD-BONE-DRY-MOTORCYCLE-MOTROBIKE-SCOOTER-BIKE-THERMAL-BAR-HANDLEBAR-MUFFS-/381017331098
Means you can wear thinner gloves and actually feel the controls. I had these fitted in conjunction with heated grips and wore summer gloves all year when i commuted on a bike.

They look good Mr Mo, I'll have a look at some.

You work on the underground you say, why did I think you were a maths teacher?

The older I get, the better I was.
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27182 on: October 13, 2015, 02:52:23 PM »

There's plenty out there so take a bit of time to research. The ones that attach to your bar ends are better as the wind at higher speeds stops the muff from getting pushed onto your hand and preventing you using the levers.
Maths teacher you say, no idea where you got that from. Iz it coz I Iz well intelligent 'n' stuff?

Cymru am byth
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #27183 on: October 14, 2015, 12:49:00 AM »

Since we can appreciate art on this diary...

A Glasgow graffiti artist decided to have some fun in Pollock park - a place popular with Joggers & mountain bikers....

I wish I could paint that well - I'd cause havoc!!

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #27184 on: October 14, 2015, 08:39:34 AM »

Thought you might enjoy this bit of craftsmanship,

https://vimeo.com/22691598

Violin making(30mins long but quite mesmerizing).

shy bairns get nowt
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27185 on: October 14, 2015, 09:18:50 AM »

Welcome back Colin, been a long time.

You still working for BA, @ Heathrow?

Last time you posted, they never had these.  Do you get to work with them in any way?

What was the inside line (if you are able to say) on the incident at McCarron? Presumably, the hull was a write off. What do you do with it - have it dismantled for spares & scrap? You can hardly leave it there, & it certainly did not look like it would be airworthy any time soon.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27186 on: October 14, 2015, 09:26:57 AM »

A Glasgow graffiti artist decided to have some fun in Pollock park - a place popular with Joggers & mountain bikers....

We can, can we?

Appreciate this, then, now on display at Tate Modern. It's called, quite fittingly, "Empty Lot".

Art, my arse.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #27187 on: October 14, 2015, 10:47:58 AM »

We can, can we?

Appreciate this, then, now on display at Tate Modern. It's called, quite fittingly, "Empty Lot".

Art, my arse.

Aye, that does nothing for me either.

This year they unveiled a large art project on the site of an abandoned open cast mine just outside the village. THe artist Charles Jencks created a similar work in his garden about 20 miles away, which is open to the public one day a year and draws visitors from around the world.

I don't get it as art, although it's a lot better looking than the open cast mine. It's proved quite popular though.

cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #27188 on: October 14, 2015, 10:59:09 AM »

Welcome back Colin, been a long time.

You still working for BA, @ Heathrow?

Last time you posted, they never had these.  Do you get to work with them in any way?

Never really been away,read most days just don't log-in.

Should be getting my A380 cover in the new year after a 12 week course sigh.I have not had anything to do with them so far but have flown on it a few times and which is a pleasant experience.

I don't know anything more than what's in the public domain about the Vegas incident(pprune etc).Yes it is repairable but whether it's cost effective that's another question-it will be scrapped I think.

I was sitting behind you in Binnions this summer during one off the Omaha tournys but didn't get a chance to say hello before I spewed my big stack away with two tables left(still annoyed with myself).
Had a great trip with Curly/Bigfella(Rich/Glen) and if your there next year I will introduce myself.

shy bairns get nowt
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27189 on: October 14, 2015, 11:05:23 AM »

I was sitting behind you in Binnions this summer during one off the Omaha tournys but didn't get a chance to say hello before I spewed my big stack away with two tables left(still annoyed with myself).
Had a great trip with Curly/Bigfella(Rich/Glen) and if your there next year I will introduce myself.

No? I do so wish we had chance to chat.

I saw a few of the other lads round town. Somehow it's nicer to see these folks in Vegas than in, say, Luton or Walsall or whatever, it means more somehow.

By the way, if all this art bollox is putting you off, we still have an art-free Diary here. Just interesting, high quality stuff.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27190 on: October 14, 2015, 11:11:17 AM »

Such craftsmanship. It's a pleasure to watch.

As I was watching it I was thinking, They'll have a robot doing this soon and then that will be the end of the craftsmen, but then I though, perhaps the modern version of craftsmen will be those who programme the robots.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27191 on: October 14, 2015, 11:13:39 AM »

We can, can we?

Art, my arse.

Take no notice of him Rod, He just searched around until he found a poor example of art.

Well for his information, I've seen some pretty poor examples of concrete in my time too, but that doesn't devalue the good stuff.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #27192 on: October 14, 2015, 11:46:01 AM »

This year they unveiled a large art project on the site of an abandoned open cast mine just outside the village. THe artist Charles Jencks created a similar work in his garden about 20 miles away, which is open to the public one day a year and draws visitors from around the world.

I don't get it as art, although it's a lot better looking than the open cast mine. It's proved quite popular though.

Reading that again & thinking there was probably an old curmudgeon in Wiltshire around about 2400BC saying "I don't get it as art"...

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27193 on: October 14, 2015, 12:03:17 PM »

We can, can we?

Art, my arse.

Take no notice of him Rod, He just searched around until he found a poor example of art.

Well for his information, I've seen some pretty poor examples of concrete in my time too, but that doesn't devalue the good stuff.

No no no. There is no bad concrete, just poor workmasnship. Laying or pouring concrete is an art highly skilled. 

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #27194 on: October 15, 2015, 12:15:06 AM »

Reading that again & thinking there was probably an old curmudgeon in Wiltshire around about 2400BC saying "I don't get it as art"...

I love this. It is art. His own gardens look stunning. All IMO of course...

http://www.scotlandsgardens.org/gardens/garden/6f8a52d7-f7b0-45c2-91fc-999e00d2ac95

Pages: 1 ... 1809 1810 1811 1812 [1813] 1814 1815 1816 1817 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: