blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:12:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1878 1879 1880 1881 [1882] 1883 1884 1885 1886 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587780 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #28215 on: May 30, 2016, 12:41:06 PM »

Haha, well pleased, the big reveal will come later

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28216 on: May 30, 2016, 01:01:33 PM »

I'm sure you've all seen this, but it's my first time and I enjoyed it.

At a recent computer exposition, Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated: "If General Motors had kept up with the technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, GM issued a press release stating: "If General Motors had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.

Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason, you would simply accept this.

Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive -- but would run on only five percent of the roads.

The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "General Protection Fault" warning light.

The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.

Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

Every time GM introduced a new car, car buyers would have to learn to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.

The older I get, the better I was.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #28217 on: May 30, 2016, 01:10:21 PM »

Actually, last time I promised a reveal of a finished fish pie I never got round to it so while I'm on a roll:

This was the beginning of the tool making story - removed a fire place and had a new fire fitted

Click to see full-size image.

It's quite an efficient and hot fire and I have visits from these 2 and I need a home for their toys

So, I decided to build a window seat which necessitated the removal of a radiator

Unfortunately this led to repeated pressure drops in the system so decided to strap on my manliness and drain it completely. Now to add a flush cleaner - looks simple on you tube but when I put my hose in to one of the rads it kept peeing back out.  Wiggled my finger a bit in the hole - care required naturally - and found the inside of the rad does a sharp right - hence the adaptation of my inlet hose. Worked a treat and filled it back up, no problem and to say I'm pleased is an understatement. Repeat it all again in a few days but with inhibitor this time.

Anyway, back to the beginning and as a reward for getting through all that - fish pie - mmmmmm

sola virtus nobilitat
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28218 on: May 30, 2016, 01:29:54 PM »

I'm sure you've all seen this, but it's my first time and I enjoyed it.

At a recent computer exposition, Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated: "If General Motors had kept up with the technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, GM issued a press release stating: "If General Motors had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.

Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason, you would simply accept this.

Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive -- but would run on only five percent of the roads.

The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "General Protection Fault" warning light.

The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.

Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

Every time GM introduced a new car, car buyers would have to learn to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.

Hadn't seen that before , very good.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28219 on: May 30, 2016, 01:30:44 PM »

Actually, last time I promised a reveal of a finished fish pie I never got round to it so while I'm on a roll:

This was the beginning of the tool making story - removed a fire place and had a new fire fitted

It's quite an efficient and hot fire and I have visits from these 2 and I need a home for their toys

So, I decided to build a window seat which necessitated the removal of a radiator

Unfortunately this led to repeated pressure drops in the system so decided to strap on my manliness and drain it completely. Now to add a flush cleaner - looks simple on you tube but when I put my hose in to one of the rads it kept peeing back out.  Wiggled my finger a bit in the hole - care required naturally - and found the inside of the rad does a sharp right - hence the adaptation of my inlet hose. Worked a treat and filled it back up, no problem and to say I'm pleased is an understatement. Repeat it all again in a few days but with inhibitor this time.

Anyway, back to the beginning and as a reward for getting through all that - fish pie - mmmmmm

Excellent work with the DIY and cookery.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28220 on: May 30, 2016, 01:32:38 PM »

Unfortunately this led to repeated pressure drops in the system so decided to strap on my manliness and drain it completely. Now to add a flush cleaner - looks simple on you tube but when I put my hose in to one of the rads it kept peeing back out.  Wiggled my finger a bit in the hole - care required naturally - and found the inside of the rad does a sharp right - hence the adaptation of my inlet hose. Worked a treat and filled it back up, no problem and to say I'm pleased is an understatement. Repeat it all again in a few days but with inhibitor this time.

Wow Glen, so much to impress me in this post, I'll have to make a list.

New fire: Anything to do with fire is great. ✔

Smiling kids eating spillable things in the lounge. ✔

Booby-trap toys on floor. ✔

Wrought iron coffee table with tiles on top. ✔

Cat, exiting stage right at high speed. ✔

Watching YouTube to learn how to do stuff. ✔ (Isn't YouTube fabulous for that? Read as many instructions as you like, you can't beat watching.

The Home-made pipe with ptfe tape buffer and right angle notch. ✔  

The fish pie. ✔ It looks fabulous Glen.More cooking too please.

PS- I am also awarding you a dark blue, intermediate level 1st dan cooking belt. Yashi Doshi.

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28221 on: May 30, 2016, 01:45:50 PM »

Original patent design by the inventor of perforated toilet paper.

Am I to assume that this is a vote for loose end on the outside?
Hard to argue against evidence.

Cymru am byth
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28222 on: May 30, 2016, 01:49:19 PM »

Top Gear returned to our screens last night.

So, what did we think?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28223 on: May 30, 2016, 02:02:28 PM »

My 2c

Not the same enough to be brilliant, not different enough to be brilliant.

Disappointed so far.

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28224 on: May 30, 2016, 02:28:39 PM »

So, what did we think?

I quite like Evans and am a top gear fan but last night was just strange.

You keep the basic format but change the lap removing the history in one foul swoop.
The first big film (blackpool) needed empathy with the presenters when none had be earned, and seemed to endorse all the stories about Matt and Chris's relationship (the body language was really bad).  If that's the best film of the series they in real trouble.
You introduce close shots of audience members and show dour miserable faces, and then keep on them to allow some really choppy camera changes. The old show used to appear live, last night seemed like a lot of pre records stuck together.
Hope the whole USA vs UK thing is short lived and not just a play to BBC America.

I appreciate it was always going to be different but that was hard work.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28225 on: May 30, 2016, 02:34:57 PM »

So, what did we think?

I quite like Evans and am a top gear fan but last night was just strange.

You keep the basic format but change the lap removing the history in one foul swoop.
The first big film (blackpool) needed empathy with the presenters when none had be earned, and seemed to endorse all the stories about Matt and Chris's relationship (the body language was really bad).  If that's the best film of the series they in real trouble.
You introduce close shots of audience members and show dour miserable faces, and then keep on them to allow some really choppy camera changes. The old show used to appear live, last night seemed like a lot of pre records stuck together.
Hope the whole USA vs UK thing is short lived and not just a play to BBC America.

I appreciate it was always going to be different but that was hard work.

Excellent review Nac.

I wonder what Jezza & Co's show on Amazon will be like?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28226 on: May 30, 2016, 02:43:51 PM »

Be honest, you're looking forward to this aren't you?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28227 on: May 30, 2016, 02:55:23 PM »

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28228 on: May 30, 2016, 02:55:47 PM »

So, yesterday I made this tool and as a minor quiz I want to ask "What did I make this for ? "

Really though, I just came for approval and for you to ruffle my hair

Self colonic irrigation?

The anti back-flow mentioned later was the clue.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28229 on: May 30, 2016, 02:56:45 PM »

Be honest, you're looking forward to this aren't you?

They don't seem to be able to rise above smut, do they?

Currently Un Named TV Show.

If the cap fits.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 1878 1879 1880 1881 [1882] 1883 1884 1885 1886 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: