blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 12:18:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1879 1880 1881 1882 [1883] 1884 1885 1886 1887 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3598815 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28230 on: May 30, 2016, 03:03:51 PM »

Be honest, you're looking forward to this aren't you?

They don't seem to be able to rise above smut, do they?

Currently Un Named TV Show.

If the cap fits.

People who live in glass houses should stay in the allotment.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28231 on: May 30, 2016, 07:38:19 PM »

I have just been informed that having the loose end of the toilet roll away from the wall is bog standard.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28232 on: May 30, 2016, 08:03:20 PM »

Groan

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28233 on: May 30, 2016, 09:52:26 PM »

We're playing a game that involves putting shapes into holes against a timer.

The girls average score = 20.

My average score = 10.

Zelly says it's like watching a chimp.

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28234 on: May 31, 2016, 10:31:30 AM »

I wonder how many drivers of say, 5 years or more have had an accident?

I been driving for over 40 years and I've had three.  Two of them were my fault and happened within 5 years of passing my driving test.

I remember the first as if it were yesterday. I was bowling down a fast stretch of road in Darnall when a Cortina stopped in front of me, he was waiting for a van to emerge from a factory gateway so that he could turn in.

I didn't see him at all and made no attempt to stop, I just hit him up the rear valance at full speed, causing his car to kink in the middle.

After a moment or two a hand emerged from the drivers window and he extended his thumb in an 'I'm OK' gesture. Then he drove his car, (which now looked like a motorised camel) into the factory as if nothing had happened.

As it turned out he owned the factory and he was a really nice bloke. He had a member of his staff make me a cup of tea while we inspected the damage to my truck. It was a Bedford TK with a front bumper that resembled a section of railway line so apart from a scratch on the paint there was none.

We exchanged details and that was that. All very civilised.

My next accident was on a roundabout in Bilston. I was in a Datsun pickup and I ran into the side of a taxi. I got out, expecting to exchange details again and the taxi driver threatened to kill me and chased me through Bilston market.

Have you had a car accident, was it your fault and how long had you been driving?  
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 11:58:56 AM by RED-DOG » Logged

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #28235 on: May 31, 2016, 12:17:36 PM »

A young salesman in our office in Birmingham had a taxi run into the back of him at fiveways roundabout. The cabbie got out and said "sorry mate, my fault, but we're blocking the traffics here, drive round by the shops and we can exchange details"

Young Simon did as he was asked and watched in his rear view mirror as the cab disappear round the roundabout...

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28236 on: May 31, 2016, 12:34:58 PM »

A young salesman in our office in Birmingham had a taxi run into the back of him at fiveways roundabout. The cabbie got out and said "sorry mate, my fault, but we're blocking the traffics here, drive round by the shops and we can exchange details"

Young Simon did as he was asked and watched in his rear view mirror as the cab disappear round the roundabout...

Lol. Great story.

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28237 on: May 31, 2016, 12:43:29 PM »

Two for me on the road in almost 25 years driving.

Blindsided by an uninsured Driver, joining from a side road.  He pissed off as I pulled over.  CCTV was down, I did find him though - this was about 7 years after I passed.

2 years ago, got hit by an arctic on a two lane merge into 1 on a one way system.  Eventually took knock for knock, probably should have fought it.

6 months after passing my test I did reverse my Mums car into my Dads in the driveway, probably should have stopped after I heard the first bang rather then forcing car A down the complete side of Car B - I was popular.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28238 on: May 31, 2016, 12:57:53 PM »

Two for me on the road in almost 25 years driving.

Blindsided by an uninsured Driver, joining from a side road.  He pissed off as I pulled over.  CCTV was down, I did find him though - this was about 7 years after I passed.

2 years ago, got hit by an arctic on a two lane merge into 1 on a one way system.  Eventually took knock for knock, probably should have fought it.

6 months after passing my test I did reverse my Mums car into my Dads in the driveway, probably should have stopped after I heard the first bang rather then forcing car A down the complete side of Car B - I was popular.

Two for the price of one eh?

Lovely.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28239 on: May 31, 2016, 12:59:46 PM »

Did you do any good with the uninsured driver Nak? I can't imagine you did.

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28240 on: May 31, 2016, 01:02:28 PM »

I managed to arrange an out of court settlement - legally with no CCTV and just a reg number there was nothing I could do apparently.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28241 on: May 31, 2016, 01:03:45 PM »

While I'm reminiscing, does anyone remember the song Sympathy by Rare Bird?

I was only about 11 when it came out but for some reason it made an impression on me.

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28242 on: May 31, 2016, 01:05:30 PM »

I managed to arrange an out of court settlement - legally with no CCTV and just a reg number there was nothing I could do apparently.

You did well. I bet he was surprised when you rocked up at his gaff.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #28243 on: May 31, 2016, 01:23:18 PM »

Think I've had two in 27 years. First one, I was 2nd in a queue waiting to turn left at a T junction. I was looking right watching the traffic and waiting for a gap. One appeared and I went for it - the guy at the front of the queue didn't.

Last one was ten years ago, driving to work and a few miles from home was a right turn at a T junction onto a NSL country road. The angle and height of a hedge meant you could see about fifty yards max to the right when stopped at the T. As I pulled out I was hit by a Fiesta doing about 50. Her car was a write-off, mine was in the bodyshop for weeks and weeks. Luckily she hit me on offside rear wheel, couple of feet forward and not sure I'd have got away with just a badly bruised leg.

I've completely avoided that corner ever since.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28244 on: May 31, 2016, 01:38:08 PM »

Think I've had two in 27 years. First one, I was 2nd in a queue waiting to turn left at a T junction. I was looking right watching the traffic and waiting for a gap. One appeared and I went for it - the guy at the front of the queue didn't.

Last one was ten years ago, driving to work and a few miles from home was a right turn at a T junction onto a NSL country road. The angle and height of a hedge meant you could see about fifty yards max to the right when stopped at the T. As I pulled out I was hit by a Fiesta doing about 50. Her car was a write-off, mine was in the bodyshop for weeks and weeks. Luckily she hit me on offside rear wheel, couple of feet forward and not sure I'd have got away with just a badly bruised leg.

I've completely avoided that corner ever since.

It's amazing how close to disaster we come sometimes. A few seconds, or a few feet can make all the difference in the world.

I often think of Christopher Reeve. He fell off his horse and put his hands out to break his fall but the reins caught his wrists, pulling his hands away so instead of grazed palms he landed on his head, paralysing himself from the neck down in the process.

Pages: 1 ... 1879 1880 1881 1882 [1883] 1884 1885 1886 1887 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: