blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:15:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1922 1923 1924 1925 [1926] 1927 1928 1929 1930 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3608522 times)
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #28875 on: March 08, 2017, 09:49:20 AM »

Sorry balls up with last post

Been ages since i last opened my mouth

You need more practice, Trev. Post more.

How are things with you & yours, & the world of trading?

Everything fine here Sir

Trading wise mega busy and markets behaving for a change

Wifey been my paper pusher for 38 years and she is moaning because we keep getting busier, i just can't refuse a trade if i see a profit of some description

Can i ask you a question please....  Did you get sorted after walking up those steps after cream tea in channel islands?
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #28876 on: March 08, 2017, 09:56:06 AM »

It is an offence to kill badgers or destroy sets.  Not sure Mr Russell was thinking of keeping cows, so don't think he has to worry about TB?  Though it is pretty controversial if it spreads to cows anyway.

Guess Ronnie might just scare them out anyway, does he do squirrels?
But there are exceptions. Licences to undertake some actions can be issued if it is justified, for example where a badger sett is found on a proposed site for a road or housing development.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28877 on: March 08, 2017, 09:58:15 AM »

Everything fine here Sir

Wifey been my paper pusher for 38 years and she is moaning because we keep getting busier, i just can't refuse a trade if i see a profit of some description

Can i ask you a question please....  Did you get sorted after walking up those steps after cream tea in channel islands?

Crikey Trev, impressive memory there.

Not really, except to avoid such strenuous situations.

That was last Autumn, after which my weight ballooned to 14-4 &, well you know, I was hardly in prime condition.

Recently, & belatedly, I have started to address my health & lifestyle, & now I have resumed walking daily. Previous to Vegas last year, I walked 2 or 3 miles every day for 5 months, & I really got myself in better shape. My Vegas & health preparations for Vegas this year started last Thursday, since when I have walked TWICE every day.

I do 2 miles first thing in the morning, around 6am, then another longer walk at midday.   

It's only been 6 days, but I'm feeling so much better (& lighter) already. Food wise, it's Ryvita City & that sort of assorted crap, but it's amazing how enjoyable it is trying to beat the bulge & indulge in a spot of self-denial.

So, right now, I feel great. Ish.

Trading - remind me what you trade in - is it commodities, financial futures & the like, or something else?

On which note, I saw Slow Mo in Vegas last year. Honest to God, he has not changed one iota. Exasperating & lovely at one & the same time.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28878 on: March 08, 2017, 10:01:33 AM »

Everything fine here Sir

Quick side story here.

You & I shared a table at DTD around 5 years ago, & you showed me an App or website - FR24. (Flight Radar).

Gill is aircraft nuts, so I passed it to her. She now lives & dies on that site, loves it to bits. So a big thank you for that. When I travel somewhere for work, Vegas, Punta Cana or whatever, she follows me every mile of the way via FR.

We visited London City Airport one Saturday afternoon a few weeks ago, just for the craic. It was closed. I kid you not.

Each to their own, eh?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28879 on: March 08, 2017, 10:05:02 AM »

Impressive how we have got everyone posting on this Diary. Except Tom.

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #28880 on: March 08, 2017, 10:30:51 AM »

Everything fine here Sir

Quick side story here.

You & I shared a table at DTD around 5 years ago, & you showed me an App or website - FR24. (Flight Radar).

Gill is aircraft nuts, so I passed it to her. She now lives & dies on that site, loves it to bits. So a big thank you for that. When I travel somewhere for work, Vegas, Punta Cana or whatever, she follows me every mile of the way via FR.

We visited London City Airport one Saturday afternoon a few weeks ago, just for the craic. It was closed. I kid you not.

Each to their own, eh?

Gill may also like listening to "Live air traffic control" especially good at McCarran airport
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #28881 on: March 08, 2017, 10:33:36 AM »

Everything fine here Sir

Crikey Trev, impressive memory there.

Not really, except to avoid such strenuous situations.

That was last Autumn, after which my weight ballooned to 14-4 &, well you know, I was hardly in prime condition.

Recently, & belatedly, I have started to address my health & lifestyle, & now I have resumed walking daily. Previous to Vegas last year, I walked 2 or 3 miles every day for 5 months, & I really got myself in better shape. My Vegas & health preparations for Vegas this year started last Thursday, since when I have walked TWICE every day.

I do 2 miles first thing in the morning, around 6am, then another longer walk at midday.   

It's only been 6 days, but I'm feeling so much better (& lighter) already. Food wise, it's Ryvita City & that sort of assorted crap, but it's amazing how enjoyable it is trying to beat the bulge & indulge in a spot of self-denial.

So, right now, I feel great. Ish.

Trading - remind me what you trade in - is it commodities, financial futures & the like, or something else?

On which note, I saw Slow Mo in Vegas last year. Honest to God, he has not changed one iota. Exasperating & lovely at one & the same time.

Speciality Agricultural commodities and futures, weather weather weather weather live it and sleep it

Slow Mo great guy but blimey can he talk!!
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #28882 on: March 08, 2017, 01:14:42 PM »

Speciality Agricultural commodities and futures, weather weather weather weather

I initially imagined that as a radio message that you'd heard on public air traffic control!

Coffee time

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #28883 on: March 08, 2017, 01:38:53 PM »

It is an offence to kill badgers or destroy sets.  Not sure Mr Russell was thinking of keeping cows, so don't think he has to worry about TB?  Though it is pretty controversial if it spreads to cows anyway.

I wouldn't want to hurt them or devoid them of a home anyway. They were there long before me so they can stay.

Squirrels don't bother him but something the size of a badger 100% would. The plan was to just fence them off a bit but more to keep the dog from them than them out of the garden.

Unfortunately I've recently found out that Ronnie's pretty poorly so I don't think it'll be a major problem for too long Sad

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28884 on: March 08, 2017, 01:44:28 PM »

I wouldn't want to hurt them or devoid them of a home anyway. They were there long before me so they can stay.

Squirrels don't bother him but something the size of a badger 100% would. The plan was to just fence them off a bit but more to keep the dog from them than them out of the garden.

Unfortunately I've recently found out that Ronnie's pretty poorly so I don't think it'll be a major problem for too long Sad

Horrible news, I'm really sorry to hear that Matt.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #28885 on: March 08, 2017, 02:53:33 PM »

Thanks mate. He's a 10 and a half year old Rottie so he's not doing bad at all but it was shock to hear the 'c' word.....

He's still plodding around happy as you like so fingers crossed I have a while left yet with the old fella.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28886 on: March 08, 2017, 03:52:48 PM »

Real sad news.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28887 on: March 09, 2017, 05:14:07 PM »

Sorry to hear about Ronnie Matt. Sad

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #28888 on: March 09, 2017, 07:37:27 PM »

Are XXB* Cockerpoos a recognised breed by the Kennel Club Tom?

If so will Poppy be showing at Cruft's this year?

*Summat like that.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #28889 on: March 10, 2017, 10:14:03 PM »

It's becoming increasingly hard to promote a dialogue on here rather like on the politics threads.

Meanwhile back at Cruft's Kizzie's Japanese cousin just won the toy department and will be appearing in Sunday's Best of Show finale.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 1922 1923 1924 1925 [1926] 1927 1928 1929 1930 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: