blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:10:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1934 1935 1936 1937 [1938] 1939 1940 1941 1942 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587207 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29055 on: July 18, 2017, 08:46:14 AM »

Trees showing through the inversion on the shores of Ullswater, by Paul Kingston

https://www.weather-photo.org/events/weather-photographer-year/finalists/3153/

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29056 on: August 01, 2017, 08:43:13 AM »

been watching the Passchendaele 100 year commemorations?

"I was photographing a ghost story": first-world-war battlefields, as they are today. http://econ.st/2uRbPhf

My eyes are open wide
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29057 on: August 01, 2017, 03:21:37 PM »

been watching the Passchendaele 100 year commemorations?

"I was photographing a ghost story": first-world-war battlefields, as they are today. http://econ.st/2uRbPhf

I haven't managed to catch any yet Rich. thank goodness for catch-up telly.

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29058 on: August 04, 2017, 08:24:56 AM »

what and where do you think this is?

My eyes are open wide
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29059 on: August 04, 2017, 09:35:31 AM »

Oceanic research centre Vancouver?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29060 on: August 04, 2017, 12:35:35 PM »

This is a must watch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03k6ypz/the-joy-of-logic?suggid=b03k6ypz

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29061 on: August 04, 2017, 03:43:07 PM »

Oceanic research centre Vancouver?

The National Fisheries Development Board, Hyderabad

Address: Fish Building, Pillar No:235, PVNR Expressway, SVPNPA, Hyderabad, Telangana 500052, India

My eyes are open wide
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29062 on: August 14, 2017, 08:42:51 PM »

I learnt a new word in Welsh whilst on my recent hols to see the rents- Sipsiwn-Gypsy
We visited this place-Parc coed Sipsiwn which translates as Gypsy Wood Park http://www.attractionsofsnowdonia.com/hwyl-ir-teulu/gypsy-wood-park and was rather good value.
Here's my little 'un enjoying one of the many attractions.-

Cymru am byth
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29063 on: August 15, 2017, 07:59:51 AM »

I learnt a new word in Welsh whilst on my recent hols to see the rents- Sipsiwn-Gypsy
We visited this place-Parc coed Sipsiwn which translates as Gypsy Wood Park http://www.attractionsofsnowdonia.com/hwyl-ir-teulu/gypsy-wood-park and was rather good value.

I had a look on the website. It sounds like a great place   to take the kids and Snowdonia is beautiful.

I wonder what happened to the Gypsies?

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29064 on: August 15, 2017, 04:02:26 PM »

I had a look on the website. It sounds like a great place   to take the kids and Snowdonia is beautiful.

I found this-http://www.gypsywood.co.uk/man-of-the-tent-story/

Cymru am byth
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29065 on: August 15, 2017, 05:00:11 PM »

I found this-http://www.gypsywood.co.uk/man-of-the-tent-story/

I know both the Lovell and the Scamp families but I've never heard that tale. Thank you.

I enjoyed this bit.

I began to bump into Uriah more often and he was always a cheerful character, courteous and gentlemanly. I only once saw him about to lose his temper, and really, that was my fault because I was questioning the origins of the Romany gypsies – I thought they had originally come from northern India, but Uriah was adamant that they are from Rome.

In history, the origins of the Romany Gypsies have been notoriously difficult to trace. There are virtually no documents or pieces of literature to tie them to a time or place, with only their language and customs linking them to their past. It was fairly recently discovered that blood groups of Romany Gypsies are very similar to those of tribes from India, and that in fact, the roots of their language can be traced back to the Sanskrit language. It’s thought likely that the Romanies emigrated from India towards the Middle East a couple of thousand years ago. But to Uriah Lovell, the Romanies were Romans and there was no argument.

Most Gypsies before the current 'edumacated' generation had no real knowledge of their origins.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29066 on: August 29, 2017, 11:41:07 AM »

This path is made by cows crossing the field to drink from the stream.

I've been watching them for years now and regardless of their starting point, they always line up single file ln the same order and follow the same meandering trail.

They could walk side by side or approach the stream from a different angle but they never do.

I've noticed this behavior in other animals too. I wonder if it's based on the theory that they didn't get eaten the last time they went this way ergo it must be the safest option?

If that is the case it doesn't work. For instance, it would be impossible to snare rabbits if they didn't use the same runs every time.

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #29067 on: August 29, 2017, 12:43:44 PM »

The thing that as always fascinated me in animal runs is why don't they go in straight lines, the quickest way surely

You could say that about old stage coach routes as well i suppose
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29068 on: September 03, 2017, 07:32:34 AM »

Amazing sheep fact #1

If a sheep tries to  jump over a cattle grid and falls short, getting stuck in the middle, all the other sheep use that one as a springboard to get themselves over.

Amazing sheep fact #2

Sheep in North Yorkshire have learned to cross cattle grids by doing a commando roll.

Amazing sheep fact #3

8% of male sheep have sex exclusively with other male sheep.

Amazing sheep fact #4

Someone found out about amazing sheep fact #3.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29069 on: September 04, 2017, 12:14:35 PM »

So this sheep gets tired of his 9am to 9am job munching grass on the moors so he tells the shepard to fuck off, does a commando roll over the cattle grid and heads into town.

First he goes into the baank and withdraws all his savings, then he goes to an outrageously expensive restaurant and blows half of his net worth on a fantastic steak and a bottle of Cristal.

Slightly tipsy, he leaves the restaurant and wanders of to to look for somewhere to kip. He asks a taxi driver if he knows where he can find a nice soft field and the taxi driver takes him to Dusk til Dawn.

He walks in and uses the last of his money to late reg for a £300 comp, 14 hours later he walks out with a very small trophy and a very large bag of cash.

He checks into a good hotel, orders a BLT from room service and opens the door to the mini bar. He falls asleep with a smile on his lips. Growing wool for a living was all well and good, but playing poker was what he was born to do.

Over the next few months he eats lots more steaks, drinks plenty of Cristal and enters every NLHE comp he can find. Although he plays brilliantly and everyone else plays crap, the poker Gods are against him and through no fault of his own he goes skint.

He joins blonde poker and makes 300 one-word posts in a fortnight, then he puts a staking thread up explaining how he won the DTD £300 at the first attempt and offers to sell 80% of a 30k Vegas package at 1.26

4 minutes and 23 seconds later he has sold out. 18 hours after that a stewardess in first class collects his champagne flute, and advises her passengers to fasten their seatbelts in preparation for landing at McCarran international airport.

A month passes without communication, then he makes his last post on blonde. It's was a sad and apologetic tale. A tale of a strip steakhouse, a bottle of Cristal, a chance meeting with one of those 8% sheep who only sleep with other males, a blurred memory of a wild night, a morning after hangover, an empty bed and an even emptier safe.

He goes back to his flock on the moors. With a tear in his eye he swears by the old Gods and the new that he will grow wool day and night until he has paid everyone back....

Pages: 1 ... 1934 1935 1936 1937 [1938] 1939 1940 1941 1942 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: