blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:54:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2013 2014 2015 2016 [2017] 2018 2019 2020 2021 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587771 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30240 on: February 08, 2019, 08:04:11 AM »

I have to roll difficult concepts around in my head for a while, (sometimes a very long while) before I can grasp them.

I've been wrestling with Schrödinger's cat for ages.

The older I get, the better I was.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #30241 on: February 08, 2019, 08:41:33 AM »

I have to roll difficult concepts around in my head for a while, (sometimes a very long while) before I can grasp them.

How is it?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #30242 on: February 08, 2019, 08:50:43 AM »

How is it?

After the wrestling, he's now boxing it.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30243 on: February 08, 2019, 09:42:22 AM »

How is it?

I refer you to Buck.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/d0b10a65-1820-4364-8522-d5186518f27a#H1gc0aTcVV.copy

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30244 on: February 08, 2019, 09:44:23 AM »

How is it?

After the wrestling, he's now boxing it.

You'll cut yourself one day David.

Sometimes I leave a tiny niche to see if it will be exploited. I'm never disappointed.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #30245 on: February 08, 2019, 01:30:39 PM »

I wonder if people would tell me about their sleeping patterns?

For this last few months I have been too tired to say up beyond midnight, but I wake up around 4am and have no further interest in sleeping.

4am is too early to get up so I lie there listening to the radio until about 6am when I usually nod off again. At 7am when it's time to get up I feel like I could sleep forever.

I'm a bit like this as well, must be an age thing.  Sad  I imagine tikay will be along to say that he sleeps like a baby and is up, refreshed and ready for the day at 5am.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30246 on: February 08, 2019, 02:11:34 PM »

I wonder if people would tell me about their sleeping patterns?

For this last few months I have been too tired to say up beyond midnight, but I wake up around 4am and have no further interest in sleeping.

4am is too early to get up so I lie there listening to the radio until about 6am when I usually nod off again. At 7am when it's time to get up I feel like I could sleep forever.

I'm a bit like this as well, must be an age thing.  Sad  I imagine tikay will be along to say that he sleeps like a baby and is up, refreshed and ready for the day at 5am.

If only. My sleep is a bit like Tom's at the moment, though decidedly quieter I would imagine, as he's the GOAT snorer.

I go to bed physically wrecked, usually around midnight, & insta fall asleep, takes no more than 30 seconds & I'm away with the fairies.

But of late, I awake about 2, then 4, then 5 or 6am, when I generally take a trip to the loo to void the old bladder, then I proper fall asleep, deep sleep, & often don't wake until 8am. Pisses me off a treat.

My whole life I've slept well & got up fresh as a daisy at 5 or 6am, but that's all history now.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #30247 on: February 08, 2019, 02:17:21 PM »

I generally take a trip to the loo to void the old bladder,

On that note, I started my first ever "permanent" medication today.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30248 on: February 08, 2019, 03:12:23 PM »

Bloody hell, hope everything OK mate.

We really ought to have an Old Codgers Moans & Groans thread where we can swap ailment stories, be great, just like being in an Old People's Home.

Founder Members could be;

Red-Dog

Karabiner

Nirvana

booder

Chompy

Woodsey

bobalike

(Booder & Nirvana Senior Members)

Doobs can be a Junior Member. He's not old enough really, but he is not far short.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 05:09:03 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #30249 on: February 08, 2019, 03:34:57 PM »

https://features.propublica.org/navy-accidents/uss-fitzgerald-destroyer-crash-crystal/

A long read. Like really, really long.

And absolutely stunning.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #30250 on: February 08, 2019, 03:45:12 PM »

yeah no problem, the medication is just meant to stop multiple nocturnal trips to the toilet, so not uncommon. 

Just a bit of a life stage though as it's the first time I've had a "this isn't going to go away so just take these pills for ever" kind of condition.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #30251 on: February 08, 2019, 04:05:00 PM »

yeah no problem, the medication is just meant to stop multiple nocturnal trips to the toilet, so not uncommon. 

Just a bit of a life stage though as it's the first time I've had a "this isn't going to go away so just take these pills for ever" kind of condition.

In my experience of a similar condition the "rubber gloves" appointment was the nadir - well not so much the appointment but the dread of it.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #30252 on: February 08, 2019, 05:18:53 PM »

When I had some heart issues and was retaining water (like a big fat water balloon ready to pop, literally seeping out of me :-) I took some diuretic pills. I don't have any issues with water retention at all these days but have somehow contrived to keep an open prescription for them. So I pop one a night when I'm not going out at about 6, pee like a good un for 4-5hrs and then once I go to bed I never have to get up to have a pee in the night - highly recommended for an uninterrupted sleep.

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30253 on: February 08, 2019, 06:58:40 PM »

If only. My sleep is a bit like Tom's at the moment, though decidedly quieter I would imagine, as he's the GOAT snorer.

Take no notice.

Tony is the champion snorer. (and SBD farter for that matter)

He's as grumpy as feck too. One night him, me and another poker player shared a room. My bed on the right, his in the middle and the other bloke on the left. before we went to sleep me and the other bloke re-hashed a few hands from earlier in the evening, then, just as we settled down to sleep old mardy tits sits bolt upright, turns on the light and scream, "Right then, bollocks to sleeping, lets tell fucking bad beat stories all night instead. Come on, guess what he called my re-raise with? Come on, talk you bastards..."

He went on like that for at least an hour, then he went back to snoring and farting.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30254 on: February 08, 2019, 07:01:54 PM »

https://features.propublica.org/navy-accidents/uss-fitzgerald-destroyer-crash-crystal/

A long read. Like really, really long.

And absolutely stunning.

That looks like it's right up my street.

Don't do any spoilers but tell me, is it true?

Pages: 1 ... 2013 2014 2015 2016 [2017] 2018 2019 2020 2021 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: