blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:05:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2072 2073 2074 2075 [2076] 2077 2078 2079 2080 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3600618 times)
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #31125 on: September 08, 2019, 10:20:13 AM »

Middle outwards i would say, but unless you faff around and take forever to eat it, would prob be minimal difference.
..............So middle outwards Cheesy

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31126 on: September 08, 2019, 10:58:49 AM »

Middle outwards i would say, but unless you faff around and take forever to eat it, would prob be minimal difference.
..............So middle outwards Cheesy

Au contraire young Adrian.

During the 7-8 minutes it takes me to eat my porridge the temperature changes from 'burn your lips off' to 'could dip your todger in it'.

(No jokes about getting your oats please, I've already considered and rejected them).

The older I get, the better I was.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #31127 on: September 08, 2019, 11:02:29 AM »

No frost to report from the Lincolnshire Fens

A bigger problem will be an early frost in the American Corn belt

Anything hot as to be eaten from outside inwards, if the outside is just bearable the inside will be waaaaaaaay too hot to eat

I also prefer my porridge more solidified than runny

Whilst porridge is cooking I like to put chopped prunes etc into it

Another good addition at the moment would be to put some brambles in whilst cooking, even better they are FOC

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31128 on: September 08, 2019, 11:09:13 AM »

Does that mean I should invest in pork-bellies?

Another good addition at the moment would be to put some brambles in whilst cooking, even better they are FOC

FOC- Full of calories?

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #31129 on: September 08, 2019, 11:17:09 AM »

FOC- Full of calories?

FOC free of charge.....just go pick them of the hedgerows currently

After the late drilling of the main corn crop because of the bad floodings and continuous rain the crop is way behind on development,  so early frosts will only damage any yield potential

Chinese are big buyers of pork currently after suffering large losses to swine fever
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31130 on: September 08, 2019, 11:43:50 AM »

FOC- Full of calories?

After the late drilling of the main corn crop because of the bad floodings and continuous rain the crop is way behind on development,  so early frosts will only damage any yield potential

Chinese are big buyers of pork currently after suffering large losses to swine fever

We're big on foraging at Trev. We've just harvested our sloes ready for Xmas gin.

We found a nice wild plum, or bullace tree as well, the fruit is almost ripe and we're trying to time our move so that the birds don't beat us to it.

Click to see full-size image.

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #31131 on: September 08, 2019, 11:51:20 AM »

FOC- Full of calories?

We're big on foraging at Trev. We've just harvested our sloes ready for Xmas gin.

We found a nice wild plum, or bullace tree as well, the fruit is almost ripe and we're trying to time our move so that the birds don't beat us to it.

Excellent find Tom

Mushrooms will be next, nothing like the taste of wild over cultivated
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #31132 on: September 08, 2019, 12:40:53 PM »

FOC- Full of calories?

After the late drilling of the main corn crop because of the bad floodings and continuous rain the crop is way behind on development,  so early frosts will only damage any yield potential

Don't get many of them up here Red, but once had to warn some tourists picking the 'damsons' which were actually Blackthorn berries, or sloes, which we get a lot of. Would have been a really bitter bite.

Used to get so many mushrooms we would dry some for soup in the winter, farmers are fertilising the fields now and it seems to restrict the mushroom growth, we only get a few now.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 12:43:13 PM by Rod Paradise » Logged

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #31133 on: September 08, 2019, 12:48:38 PM »

FOC- Full of calories?

After the late drilling of the main corn crop because of the bad floodings and continuous rain the crop is way behind on development,  so early frosts will only damage any yield potential

Don't get many of them up here Red, but once had to warn some tourists picking the 'damsons' which were actually Blackthorn berries, or sloes, which we get a lot of. Would have been a really bitter bite.

Used to get so many mushrooms we would dry some for soup in the winter, farmers are fertilising the fields now and it seems to restrict the mushroom growth, we only get a few now.

Yeah, you need a good old cow pasture and unfortunately the dairy herds are in decline

Like the sound of drying to make soup, never had the pleasure
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31134 on: September 08, 2019, 12:50:28 PM »

I like raw mushrooms sliced on to my salad.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #31135 on: September 08, 2019, 01:48:15 PM »

FOC- Full of calories?

Yeah, you need a good old cow pasture and unfortunately the dairy herds are in decline

Like the sound of drying to make soup, never had the pleasure

Aye, the fields are cow & sheep pasture, but fertilised in spring to encourage better grass growth, when they were just used for sheep and no fertiliser used the mushrooms were abundant.

We put fresh field mushrooms into old tights, then hung them from the kitchen pulley.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 01:51:56 PM by Rod Paradise » Logged

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #31136 on: September 08, 2019, 11:30:58 PM »

Can find sloes where I am also for the Xmas gin, now if anyone could get hold of a kilo of wimberries for me to make a mucky mouth pie I'd love you forever.

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31137 on: September 09, 2019, 12:35:04 AM »

What is a Wimberry? It sounds like a song by Karl Denver.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #31138 on: September 09, 2019, 01:36:18 PM »

Can find sloes where I am also for the Xmas gin, now if anyone could get hold of a kilo of wimberries for me to make a mucky mouth pie I'd love you forever.

Wimberry is a new one on me as well. We stopped making sloe gin, found a well sweetened sloe vodka the ideal hipflask tipple for a cold winter.

Edit, bilberry or blaeberry up north of the wall. Never found enough to bother with a pie though.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 01:38:10 PM by Rod Paradise » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31139 on: September 09, 2019, 02:17:46 PM »

Wimberry is a new one on me as well. We stopped making sloe gin, found a well sweetened sloe vodka the ideal hipflask tipple for a cold winter.

Edit, bilberry or blaeberry up north of the wall. Never found enough to bother with a pie though.

We make more sloe vodka than gin these days too. Mrs Red collects little fancy bottles throughout the year and we give it away as presents.

Pages: 1 ... 2072 2073 2074 2075 [2076] 2077 2078 2079 2080 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: