blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:35:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2172 2173 2174 2175 [2176] 2177 2178 2179 2180 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587252 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #32625 on: June 20, 2020, 03:57:58 PM »

Starfish?

Seahorse?

Dolphin?

Winner!! Although now I wish it had been a seahorse as that would've been incredible.

So how the hell did it get there?

I can't tell if it had been alive at any point whilst in my garden. It was tucked away in a corner and took Zeus some digging to get to it so I suspect it may have crawled there to escape the heat but then dried out a few weeks ago when it was really hot and sunny.

It's location suggests it can't have just randomly dropped there or have been thrown over the fence.

The obvious answer is that it was purchased by someone as a dry starfish but it still felt a bit pliable. This may be because it's got soaked recently of course but who knows?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #32626 on: June 20, 2020, 03:58:51 PM »

Eel...or penguin maybe

sola virtus nobilitat
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #32627 on: June 20, 2020, 04:00:54 PM »

How do I post a picture? I used to use photobucket but I don't think that's an option now is it?

Whatsap it to me I'll post it.

I don't have your number.

I've sent a SAE to your place via carrier pigeon. Could you write your number down and send it back.

Cheers

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32628 on: June 20, 2020, 04:58:42 PM »

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/873579-There-39-s-a-starfish-in-our-garden-this-morning

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32629 on: June 20, 2020, 05:15:06 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32630 on: June 20, 2020, 05:32:30 PM »

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #32631 on: June 20, 2020, 05:39:22 PM »

So.....

How the hell did it get there?

As you can see by the picture it appears fresh enough to give an attempt a revival. I've read that they've very hardy and even able to regrow limbs so the slightly chewed bit could come back....

I've only given it a 0.001% chance of a comeback as it really was dry but certainly not 'bone dry'.

I don't think it was one that at some point had been artificially dried out as there's no way it could get back to where it's at now. It feels too real to have been artificially dried out.

I'll give it a few hours and see what happens.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32632 on: June 20, 2020, 05:44:57 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmbFJ4IrV-A

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #32633 on: June 20, 2020, 05:48:43 PM »

I almost feel Rick rolled

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #32634 on: June 20, 2020, 06:14:57 PM »

I wouldn't have got that.  My guess is that somebody has got one for a fishtank and chucked it out because they don't want it.  Some bird has found it, taken a bite decided it was rubbish tucker and dropped it in your garden.   Do you have someone in mind to keep the revived starfish? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32635 on: June 20, 2020, 06:48:34 PM »

So.....

How the hell did it get there?

I blame him

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #32636 on: June 21, 2020, 05:03:31 PM »

I wouldn't have got that.  My guess is that somebody has got one for a fishtank and chucked it out because they don't want it.  Some bird has found it, taken a bite decided it was rubbish tucker and dropped it in your garden.   Do you have someone in mind to keep the revived starfish? 

Looks like I was overly optimistic with my 0.001% survival chance.

Confirmed dead.

I was fairly certain it was dead anyway but a bucket of water at least confirmed it just in case. Had it somehow recovered my plan was a message on facebook hopefully to find someone with a saltwater fish tank who could adopt it. Failing that knowing me I'd have spent thousands on a set up just to keep the bloody thing. There would have course be the possibility of a drive to the coast for a return to the sea.

Sadly t'will never be as it's absolutely brown bread.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #32637 on: June 21, 2020, 05:06:32 PM »

Confirmed dead.

I was fairly certain it was dead anyway but a bucket of water at least confirmed it just in case. Had it somehow recovered my plan was a message on facebook hopefully to find someone with a saltwater fish tank who could adopt it. Failing that knowing me I'd have spent thousands on a set up just to keep the bloody thing. There would have course be the possibility of a drive to the coast for a return to the sea.

Great story.   No exotic protein value in it?   Grin
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #32638 on: June 22, 2020, 02:17:23 PM »

Confirmed dead.

Am I the only one who thought it would be a mermaid?

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32639 on: June 22, 2020, 02:54:17 PM »

Confirmed dead.

Am I the only one who thought it would be a mermaid?

A friend of mine who is big into everything native American or Victorian and is quite skilled at tanning and preserving skins and hides did actually find a dried out and decaying mermaid.

He spent ages cleaning and embalming it and now it sits on a shelf in his living room.

Pages: 1 ... 2172 2173 2174 2175 [2176] 2177 2178 2179 2180 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: