blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:09:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2185 2186 2187 2188 [2189] 2190 2191 2192 2193 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3599290 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32820 on: December 25, 2020, 09:55:33 AM »

Merry Christmas everyone.

Happy ordinary day Tony.

X

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32821 on: December 25, 2020, 10:03:06 AM »

Merry Christmas everyone.

Happy ordinary day Tony.

X

You too Tom. Just clearing my jobs then I hope to try & find my Diary & make a post or two.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32822 on: December 25, 2020, 10:29:19 AM »

Just clearing my jobs then I hope to try & find my Diary & make a post or two.

Here's a page from the Grinch's diary to inspire you.

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32823 on: January 02, 2021, 02:04:22 PM »

My village backs on to a beautiful nature reserve called Fosse Meadows. There are miles of trails through mature woodland and unspoiled pasture. There is even a small lake, it's an absolute haven for dog walkers.

Access from the village is via a long and very muddy footpath or you drive a couple of miles to a car park at the far end.

I always walk the muddy path. I quite enjoy walking through mud and water while my feet stay bone dry in my wellies, (it's like having a minor superpower)

Many of the villagers chose to drive though, fair enough, each to his own.

Last year one of those pseudo-vintage, posh coffee, frappe, latte selling Citroën vans appeared on the car park and I thought, good luck with that, these people left home 10 minutes ago, they will be back there in less than an hour, who the Hell is going to buy an expensive coffee to drink while they are walking the dog?

As it turns out, everyone does. They queue for ages for the privilege too.

Now I know I used to be a tight wad and a grumpy old bastard, (both traits I have now eradicated) but fuck me, surely they could wait an hour until they get home, or have a coffee before they come out, or if they must have a coffee in one hand and a dog lead in the other, make one and take it with them.

Dog walking is a daily activity, coffees are £2.50 a throw, most of the customers are couples, that's like, 35 quid a week.

35 quid ffs! That's £140 a month. I'm not sure because I always buy used, but I bet you could get a new car for that.

The coffee swillers are obviously happy and see nothing unusual in buying an expensive hot drink as a dog walking aid and the bloke with the coffee van must have expected that to be the case.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32824 on: January 02, 2021, 04:03:19 PM »

I'm absolutely sick of eating. I can't wait until Monday so I'm starting my diet today.

14s 12lb.

Target 13st 7lb.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32825 on: January 02, 2021, 04:08:35 PM »

Better do a "Before" pic.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #32826 on: January 02, 2021, 04:34:10 PM »

My village backs on to a beautiful nature reserve called Fosse Meadows. There are miles of trails through mature woodland and unspoiled pasture. There is even a small lake, it's an absolute haven for dog walkers.

Access from the village is via a long and very muddy footpath or you drive a couple of miles to a car park at the far end.

I always walk the muddy path. I quite enjoy walking through mud and water while my feet stay bone dry in my wellies, (it's like having a minor superpower)

Many of the villagers chose to drive though, fair enough, each to his own.

Last year one of those pseudo-vintage, posh coffee, frappe, latte selling Citroën vans appeared on the car park and I thought, good luck with that, these people left home 10 minutes ago, they will be back there in less than an hour, who the Hell is going to buy an expensive coffee to drink while they are walking the dog?

As it turns out, everyone does. They queue for ages for the privilege too.

Now I know I used to be a tight wad and a grumpy old bastard, (both traits I have now eradicated) but fuck me, surely they could wait an hour until they get home, or have a coffee before they come out, or if they must have a coffee in one hand and a dog lead in the other, make one and take it with them.

Dog walking is a daily activity, coffees are £2.50 a throw, most of the customers are couples, that's like, 35 quid a week.

35 quid ffs! That's £140 a month. I'm not sure because I always buy used, but I bet you could get a new car for that.

The coffee swillers are obviously happy and see nothing unusual in buying an expensive hot drink as a dog walking aid and the bloke with the coffee van must have expected that to be the case.

I think it is just the ideal time for it.  People can't go to pubs, restaurants etc, so a little luxury coffee is their replacement.  If it is a decent cup of coffee, good luck to him.  I have had some right swill for a couple of quid over the years.  I am sure you'd have "loved" the christmas coffee that my missus asked me to get from Costa; you get to pay extra for them to completely obliterate the coffee taste with a gingerbread taste; yours for the best part of £4. 

We've been out for a walk today, but it is hard getting this household out when there is "nowhere" to go.  Nowhere as in nowhere they can spend money... 

Merry Christmas

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32827 on: January 02, 2021, 04:45:10 PM »

I think it is just the ideal time for it.  People can't go to pubs, restaurants etc, so a little luxury coffee is their replacement.  If it is a decent cup of coffee, good luck to him. 

Little luxury is a good theory.

Definitely good luck to him, I don't begrudge him a penny.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32828 on: January 03, 2021, 11:53:01 AM »

One frosty morning last week I was on the road outside my gate preparing to set off on my bike ride when an old dear came shuffling past.

"Be careful you don't hit any ice" she warned, raising a gloved finger, "It's very dangerous".

"Yes, yes, thank you" I replied somewhat condescendingly as I swung my leg over the saddle.

"That's OK" I heard her say as I rode away, "We oldies have to look out for each other.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32829 on: January 03, 2021, 11:53:39 AM »

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32830 on: January 03, 2021, 12:13:13 PM »

How much fun was this?

https://youtu.be/jrPeMAQuAos

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32831 on: January 03, 2021, 12:29:27 PM »

How much fun was this?

https://youtu.be/jrPeMAQuAos

Not sure how much fun it was, but oh my, those cars are gorgeous.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32832 on: January 03, 2021, 12:31:28 PM »

When you fell off your bike was your first reaction to see if anyone saw you, & if so, did you pretend it was OK & quickly remount & ride away, despite being in raging agony?

That was always my reaction. It's an ego thing I guess.

Nah. never hurt...

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32833 on: January 03, 2021, 01:17:23 PM »

When you fell off your bike was your first reaction to see if anyone saw you, & if so, did you pretend it was OK & quickly remount & ride away, despite being in raging agony?

That was always my reaction. It's an ego thing I guess.

Nah. never hurt...

Ironically I fell off at the end of my ride in the exact spot where the old lady warned me to be careful.
I ride against the clock and because the last section is down hill I always build up a good head of steam and then brake heavily outside my gate.

Braking heavily in icey weather is a schoolboy error and I paid the price. My crash was pretty spectacular if I say so myself, the bike went one way and I went the other.

The bike made a clatter and I made sort of boomf sound, like someone kicking a space-hopper.

I landed on my left side but quickly flipped over on to my back, sliding along for a few yards before coming to rest at the feet of another couple of old shufflers.

They looked horrified and on the verge of panic so, partly to cover my embarrassment and partly to reassure them I jumped to my feet and said "It's OK, I'm fine".
At least that's what I tried to say, but you need air to make your vocal cords vibrate and at that point I discovered that my body only contained enough to make an almost inaudible squeak and blow a small snot bubble, after that I was reduced to impersonating a beached haddock.

I'm not sure I made the old couple feel any better but it was the best I could do in the circumstances.

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #32834 on: January 03, 2021, 01:45:01 PM »

I shouldn't have laughed but I did. Hope your wounds and your ego heal quickly.  Grin Grin Grin

Pages: 1 ... 2185 2186 2187 2188 [2189] 2190 2191 2192 2193 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: