blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:08:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2192 2193 2194 2195 [2196] 2197 2198 2199 2200 ... 2341 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3603025 times)
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #32925 on: January 27, 2021, 01:50:21 PM »

Is this "go to a website & book" peculiar to Leicestershire, or a new thing?

I was under the impression we all had to wait in line until they contacted us.

I had no idea either Tony but my eldest daughter saw a discussion about it on social media and alerted me.

I would advise looking on your local health service website and searching Covid 19 vaccination.

I already did Tom, once I'd seen what you had done - see my previous post.

We will contact you when you are eligible to receive the vaccine and provide you with information about location and date, so please don’t contact the practice to ask for a vaccine before then.

We are working hard to plan the delivery of COVID-19 vaccinations, while continuing to deliver the largest ever flu vaccine campaign and supporting our patients with routine and urgent health requests. On that basis, we are unable to answer additional questions about the COVID vaccine.

And they have added this today;

Covid-19 vaccination programme – what you need to know

Latest update 26 January 2021: Extension to patients 70+ and clinically extremely vulnerable
The NHS has confirmed that COVID-19 vaccinations can now be offered to cohorts 3 (75 to 79-year-olds) and 4 (70 to 74-year-olds and the Clinically Extremely Vulnerable under 70).

As well as continuing to prioritise people over 80, we are starting to invite patients aged 70 and above and those in the clinically extremely vulnerable groups. However, these won’t all happen at once.

Please continue to be patient and await further contact from your GP surgery or the organisation they have asked to carry out their vaccination service. This will be by text or telephone.

So I guess I just have to be patient & wait.

Sorry Tone, I missed that part of your post, well in truth I didn't miss it but I was trying to do an online Spanish course for beginners and read blonde at the same time.

By the time I replied I forgot what you had posted.

Lo siento.

no muy divertido 
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32926 on: January 27, 2021, 02:26:41 PM »

Sigh...

Yo necesitaba usar un traductor.

The older I get, the better I was.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #32927 on: January 27, 2021, 04:39:10 PM »

Why would you need to use a tractor?

I just re-started duolingo spanish by revising some of the early sections and they started using the imperfect tense which troubled me as I couldn't remember getting that far in the course last time.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #32928 on: January 27, 2021, 04:45:10 PM »

When Covid is over, will you just go back to normal or will it have changed you?

I think it will have changed me. I will certainly try to take less for granted.

I wiil also shop on line more.

I can't look at a crowd or well attended social gathering on TV without thinking, Arrrgh... Covid.

I'm not sure it will ever be over in my lifetime Tom, but yes, it's the little things in life that I'll never take for granted again.

Crowds at sporting events? I watched the recent Test series between Australia & India, middle of the night for us, but it cheered me up so much to see sport played in bright sunshine with plenty of spectators cheering & so on.

And of course today you'd normally be at a Holocaust Memorial Day service in Derby unless I'm mistaken?

Best thing about the wjnter is sunshine in your living room from tests overseas.

Since you were asking about jabs. I got a text from my GP today linking me to a bookjng site for the local vaxing centre. Im an invalid rather than an over 70 so i reckon the pace of vaccinations probs just varies area to area. Hadnt heard of booking a jab without the invite but perhaps give it a couple of days then contact your GP if you havent heard.

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32929 on: January 27, 2021, 05:01:17 PM »

I just re-started duolingo spanish by revising some of the early sections and they started using the imperfect tense which troubled me as I couldn't remember getting that far in the course last time.

I started with Duolingo but then I saw a good video on natural learning where you aquire a language, much like a baby does rather than learn it.

I know this method of linking won't meet with tikay's approval, but I'm on my phone and it's easier.

https://youtu.be/illApgaLgGA

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32930 on: January 27, 2021, 05:04:44 PM »

I started with Duolingo but then I saw a good video on natural learning where you aquire a language, much like a baby does rather than learn it.

I know this method of linking won't meet with tikay's approval, but I'm on my phone and it's easier.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32931 on: January 27, 2021, 05:06:42 PM »

Muchas gracias.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #32932 on: January 27, 2021, 06:57:11 PM »

Yes Tony, I would be at the Holocaust Memorial day service today. Well done for remembering.

Before an evening of celebration and performance by various Holocaust survivor groups there would be a service at the cathedral and a stone setting at Bridge Chapel.

Although I'm not religious the Cathedral service is very moving because so many diverse groups come together.

This year I was charged with looking after the stones, (basically a bucket of large pebbles) and the "Eternal Flame" a special boxed candle awarded to us by the Headquarters of the Holocaust Memorial Society. They shipped it from Israel as far as I recall.

When I brought the stones home I accidentally knocked the bucket over on my drive. (My drive consists of virtually the same pebbles)

I put the boxed candle away safely in the shed, unfortunately a pipe leaked a little water on to the box causing it to grow a very stylish fur coat of mould.

I was glad to be able to help though.

Is that the Stone Setting briefly mentioned here?

http://www.derbycathedral.org/about-us/what-s-on/164-holocaust-memorial-day.html

I believe some sort of service will be streamed on You Tube at 6pm this evening if I read this correctly though I had assumed Lockdown would make that impossible;

https://derby.cityofsanctuary.org/2021/01/19/derby-holocaust-memorial-day-events-are-now-available

Pardon me for interjecting, but a stone-setting in the Jewish religion is a service approximately one year after a funeral when the headstone is put in place.

The pebbles Tom is referring to sound to me as though they are connected to the custom of Jews to place a pebble on the grave of a loved one/relative when visiting the burial grounds.

Carry on..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32933 on: January 27, 2021, 07:04:34 PM »

Spot on Ralph.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #32934 on: January 28, 2021, 09:37:04 AM »

That method of learning language is def the best.  But it does need someone who speaks the other language to assist. I think one of the reasons it works so well is because it gets associated with an experience.  I have "una pechuga de pollo, por favor" stuck in my head because I remember the shop assistant picking out the large chicken breast and asking if I wanted it sliced and looking slightly puzzled when I said "no gracias".  duolingo for some reason thought it was important to learn the german phrase "wir würden gerne deine wohnung durchsuchen" - that sticks in my head because I joked about it with a german speaker.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32935 on: January 28, 2021, 12:39:36 PM »

Exactly.

30 or 40 years ago I was in Amsterdam and I saw a grandfather out walking with his tiny grandson. I admired the little boy's footwear and the grandad said, "Dat zijn zijn klompen" which I instantly understood meant. "Those are his clogs"

Even now, if I see someone in clogs I say Dat zijn zijn klompen.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32936 on: January 28, 2021, 12:43:24 PM »

This is my level.

https://youtu.be/uGDWG7pPJoQ

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32937 on: January 28, 2021, 01:20:20 PM »

All these companies and organisations demanding a detailed road map out of lockdown.

How can they have a detailed road map when no one knows what's going to happen?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32938 on: January 28, 2021, 01:34:01 PM »

And all this crap about a few months off school damaging kids perminently.

I know literally hundreds of kids who only did a few years schooling and most of them didn't even start until they were 6 or 7.

Then they would typically miss several months in the summer and return and catch up in the winter.

My own kids left school at 11 to be home educated. They are certainly not damaged for life.

Now I'm not saying that kids missing school isn't a big deal, especially for members of the settled community, but it's not a "Damaged for life" deal.

EDIT:

IMHO of course, YMMV.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 01:38:28 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #32939 on: January 28, 2021, 01:57:32 PM »

Given I am not going to find a French/Spanish person to swap with right now, won't you get much of the benefit just by watching stuff for toddlers and reading kids books in French/Spanish.  At least that is how I understand it.

I have a bad O level in French, but need a refresher.  My eldest is learning French and though I can remember more than I thought I could, I still struggle to converse, as I am just remembering parts.  It would be good to get up to speed quickly.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 2192 2193 2194 2195 [2196] 2197 2198 2199 2200 ... 2341 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: