blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:03:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2215 2216 2217 2218 [2219] 2220 2221 2222 2223 ... 2342 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3604031 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33270 on: February 20, 2021, 03:31:08 PM »

If you had a time machine that would take you back to a random date between 6 and 7 hundred years in the past but all you could could travel with were a pair of shorts, how would you convince people that you were from the future?

Smile?

Haha, That's actually a great answer.

The older I get, the better I was.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33271 on: February 20, 2021, 03:43:23 PM »

If you had a time machine that would take you back to a random date between 6 and 7 hundred years in the past but all you could could travel with were a pair of shorts, how would you convince people that you were from the future?

Click to see full-size image.

Interesting one Red.

I'd copy Prison Break and have a lot of tattoos with mixture of instructions & formulae, and some important relevant history. Assuming I'd come back in the same place my History would be some point after the aftermath of Bannockburn & the manoeuvring over the Scottish throne in the century after (coded to save some genius thinking they could just make some informative leather....).
One of the instructions would be for a simple sluice box for gold panning and I'd be the man providing the sudden influx of riches. Gold from the Wanlockhead area (about 8 miles from me) provided much of the coinage minted in Edinburgh and was part of the 2 crowns made in the 16th Century, so finding it, and having a better way of collecting it could make me a valuable man.

I'd also (if it didn't break the time paradox)  look at carving some kind of message to myself to let me know if it worked in the rock of the places I know I'd see.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 03:56:15 PM by Rod Paradise » Logged

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33272 on: February 20, 2021, 03:57:16 PM »

Interesting one Red.

I'd copy Prison Break and have a lot of tattoos with mixture of instructions & formulae, and some important relevant history. Assuming I'd come back in the same place my History would be some point after the aftermath of Bannockburn & the manoeuvring over the Scottish throne in the century after (coded to save some genius thinking they could just make some informative leather....).
One of the instructions would be for a simple sluice box for gold panning (not invented till the 1800's) and I'd be the man providing the sudden influx of riches. Gold from the Wanlockhead area (about 8 miles from me) provided much of the coinage minted in Edinburgh and was part of the 2 crowns made in the 16th Century, so finding it, and having a better way of collecting it could make me a valuable man.

I'd also (if it didn't break the time paradox)  look at carving some kind of message to myself to let me know if it worked in the rock of the places I know I'd see.

Some really great ideas there Rod. I especially like the paradoxical 'Message to self'.

Of course your plan is disqualified because you wouldn't be allowed to take the ink, it would disappear en route. (Come to think of it, I hope Longines Hampsteads are pukka)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 03:58:52 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33273 on: February 20, 2021, 04:06:38 PM »

I'm not going if I lose my tats!!

I could do the studying I suppose (although at 51 I'm probably too old for the 14th Century....).

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33274 on: February 20, 2021, 04:08:29 PM »

I was wrong about the sluice box btw - was a different sluice invented in the 1800's, simple rocker boxes and sluices go back to the point we don't know when they were first used.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #33275 on: February 20, 2021, 04:16:26 PM »

Just show them the M&S label on your kicks.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33276 on: February 20, 2021, 05:37:33 PM »

I've just learned that the Costa Concordia was 4x as big as the Titanic. 

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33277 on: February 21, 2021, 10:44:52 AM »

Jump around, jump around, get up get up and get down.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33278 on: February 21, 2021, 10:53:26 AM »

Music does not get better than that.

I'll serve your ass like John McEnroe
If your girl steps up, I'm smacking the hoe
Word to your moms, I came to drop bombs
I got more rhymes than the Bible's got Psalms

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33279 on: February 21, 2021, 11:44:59 AM »

Music does not get better than that.

I'll serve your ass like John McEnroe
If your girl steps up, I'm smacking the hoe
Word to your moms, I came to drop bombs
I got more rhymes than the Bible's got Psalms

Yep. A modern day Keats.

I knew there was poetry in your soul somewhere, it was just a case of finding the level.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #33280 on: February 21, 2021, 06:05:35 PM »

AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

I already hate anything that makes your clean clothes smell scenty, this silly mare just tips me over the edge.

Hi Tom

Spotted this elsewhere but thought your own thread was the best place to respond.

Ever tried an Eco Egg?

Doesn't leave any smell on your clothes and also stops your washing machine filling with gunge. Strangest thing about it is it actually works..... I've been using them for 4 years now, even cleans dog blankets.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33281 on: February 21, 2021, 06:27:23 PM »

The fragrance free one looks like just the job Matt but I live in an all girl family and I'm fighting a losing battle against scenty things.

They spend their lives spraying and smearing themselves with fancy ass chemicals. My only victories to date are banishing Ferbreze, other scented softeners, and Glade plug-ins.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33282 on: February 22, 2021, 09:27:25 AM »

Does anyone have hands-on experience of cordless hair and beard trimmers please?

Making decisions based on on-line reviews is becoming less useful because so many companies pay for good reviews.

It also pisses me off when the article starts with headlines like, "The 25 best hair & beard trimmers"

How the feck can you have 25 best ones?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #33283 on: February 22, 2021, 10:00:07 AM »

AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

I already hate anything that makes your clean clothes smell scenty, this silly mare just tips me over the edge.

Hi Tom

Spotted this elsewhere but thought your own thread was the best place to respond.

Ever tried an Eco Egg?

Doesn't leave any smell on your clothes and also stops your washing machine filling with gunge. Strangest thing about it is it actually works..... I've been using them for 4 years now, even cleans dog blankets.

We had the Eco Eggs for a couple of months, but I wasn't convinced.  They kind of worked, but some things smelled a bit.   The kids were younger at the time, and our washing machine was old, so maybe we'll give them another go. 

Do you use stain removers and anything to clean your machine every so often?

I do dislike all the stinky stuff too, but luckily my missus isn't a fan either, so we do ok.  My pet hate is liquid handwash.  We have the stuff everywhere apart from one bar of simple soap in the en-suite.  Handwash seems to be just an overpriced bunch of unnecessary chemicals put together to look and smell "nice".  Half of them seem to have something in them that makes my hands itch, particularly the "anti-bacterial" ones that she insists on.

I have watched the kids use it, and they pretty much put it on and wash it off in a couple of seconds.  My missus thinks squirting the bottle is more hygenic than using soap that has sat around, but I can't be arsed arguing about it, as she is the most stubborn person on Earth bar nobody.  She isn't ever changing her mind with the Covid around. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33284 on: February 22, 2021, 10:06:14 AM »

"...she is the most stubborn person on Earth bar nobody..."

RAISE

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 2215 2216 2217 2218 [2219] 2220 2221 2222 2223 ... 2342 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: