blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 06:32:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273177 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An account of Jeeves' trip to Las Vegas latterly in the service of Mr tikay.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An account of Jeeves' trip to Las Vegas latterly in the service of Mr tikay.  (Read 313390 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #945 on: June 02, 2014, 03:15:49 PM »

Loving the work Jeeves.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: June 02, 2014, 04:08:19 PM »

Top work!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 04, 2014, 07:39:22 PM »

Sadly Mr Tikay won't be able to see the first machine in the photos, we were only there in March this year. A GT3600 fwiw

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Jeeves

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 08, 2014, 11:15:30 AM »

High Desert State Prison, Sunday

It started like any other day. Up early, preparing Master's breakfast, laying out his clothes and doing deals with security staff to ensure he could get into the media centre at 4.30am to "work"

Except upon waking, I soon realised this was to be different

"Morning Jeeves, Road trip"

Despite an inner sense of dread, i was professional as ever

"Yes sir, shall I prepare a picnic and buy some China and cutlery sir? White tablecloth?"

"No need Jeeves. Hre us a cheap discreet car and we will head into the mountains, do some sight-seeing. A day off Poker. A day off Sky Poker, seems to be doing fine without me, analysis by people who can really fill five hours talking nonsense, look and learn Adrian Chiles, Jeeves"

I felt like asking Master if he could punctuate his sentences verbally, such was the torrent of excitement his words seemed to evoke in him

I set to work, asking the concierge downstairs to hire us a Ford Anglia, Austin Allegro or Sunbeam Alpine (or equivalent, the concierge insisted) for 9am and then buying supplies for the day

- travel blanket. Quite tough to find in Las Vegas in summer
- Factor 200 sun-cream
- Pop up sunglasses
- Beetroot smoothies
- shotgun. just in case

We set off for the front of the hotel on time, and on arrival outside searched for our car. Nothing looked like it was booked for us.

"where's my Morris 1100 Jeeves?"

His bottom lip began to jut out

"not that easy in Vegas sir" and as the Enterprise rent-a-car lady bounded up to us i realised that she had delivered the next best thing

Discreet, and gleaming

After securing the lady's number for future endeavours we departed, hood down the wind whistling in my Master's hair as we drove out of Vegas on I-15 headed for Mount Charleston.

On arrival, and after less than 5 minutes of looking around, Master decided he had had enough

"Drones, Jeeves"

"Yes I know sir, you do" I replied without thinking, a rare lapse in my professionalism

I didn't look across at my master, but could feel his eyes buring into the side of my head

"Creech US Air Force Base, Jeeves. Drones"

"Quite sir" I replied hiding the boredom that I was already beginning to feel "how exciting"

Half an hour later were outside the base

"Top secret military installation" read the sign, which Master took a photograph of, close up

Soon after, whirring through the air came the drones, and Master snapped each one, jumping up and down excitedly as he wrote notes in his small notebook.

"Jeeves Jeeves JEEVES" he shouted as I reclined in the front seat, feigning interest

"It's a Lockheed Martin RQ-170 Sentinel Jeeves. JEEVES"

I shouted back "Sentinel sir, RQ sir, Marvellous sir"

at that moment a jeep pulled up, and a man exited

Click to see full-size image.

I was asked for my name, my abode and what we were doing here. My master bounded towards us, and before I could warn him blurted out

"We're photographing every drone and we're from England. He's Jeeves, I'm tikay and I was voted Sky Poker's third favourite analyst in the BRMB Octover 2013 survey"

He nodded, proudly.

"This is classified territory gentlemen, said the uniformed man, you are going to have to come with us"

at that point My master appeared to panic. He ran round the front of the car, jumped in the drivers seat, started the car and shouted back to me as he drove off

"I'm too old for prison Jeeves, I'll write!!"

I was handcuffed, bundled into the back of the jeep and twenty minutes later found myself being processed

at

Frankly, I felt Ihad been let down somewhat.

When this note arrived in Master's handwriting a few hours later, my ire rose somewhat further

Though writing it on the postcard of the prison was a nice touch.

I am not quite sure yet what Master's plans are to extricate me from this situation.

If you see him touring the Rio card-room trying to wake up Seniors mid-hand, tell him to spare me a thought

A few paces behind, one step to the left.

Follow me on twitter: @jeevesfortikay
fatboyslow

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: June 13, 2014, 05:33:18 PM »

Am starting to get worried for Jeeves now.
Can some one pop down and post bail please.
Jeeves

View Profile
« Reply #950 on: June 16, 2014, 10:12:57 AM »

I was woken up by the sound of loud banging on the bars of my penitentiary cell

"Jeeves, visitor"

Unshaven, dishevelled and disorientated, and that was just likely to be my visitor, I rose from my bed and made my way, handcuffed and manacled to the visitor's suite accompanied by two screws

I was sat in front of a piece of perspex, and beside and old phone and I waited

The door opened and to my surprise, it was not my Master, but a man with enormous sideburns, a big cigar, a cowboy hat and enormous cowboy boots

"Howdee Jeeves, I'm the bail bondsman. I am instructed to read you a letter from your employer. May i proceed?"

I was a trifle disappointed that said employer could not make it out to the prison but nodded nonetheless

The bondsman stood, cleared his throat and spoke in a deep southern drawl

"Jeeves, am on the final of a tournament at the Golden Nugget. Down to last boxers, no clean socks, ipad needs charging, spreadsheet is a mess, blogs behind, lady at Bluff Europe on my case for April article"

the bondsman had not drawn breath yet. He continued

"have posted your bail which i will deduct from your pay until the matter is resolved. what possessed you to take us to so near a high security prison anyway"

I bristled, inwardly

"go with the man, come to the Nugget with my special case"

It had been a while since i had seen Master's special case, brought out only when a trip to the cashiers cage was certain, to transport cash back to the hotel safe, and thence back under the bed in Thames Ditton

I signed the form, and was processed for bail and accompanied the bondsman back to the downtown area of Vegas detouring only to pick up the case 

At the Nugget, My Master met us, nodded at me perfunctorily, signed the bondsman's form and I was, temporarily possibly, a free man once more

"Jeeves" My Master whispered conspiratorailly "have you got it?"

I had risked getting plenty of things in prison, i thought to myself but ever professional, i replied

"Yes sir, as requested sir" and from behind my back produced the case

Master squealed.

"Jeeves, I have $1904 locked up, just about to do a deal. Prepare the case"

I did as required, asking the cardroom manager if he would turn off the music over the PA to aid my concentration

I unzipped the top, opened compartment three (middle, left, hidden), made sure it was facing my master and watched as he deposited the dollar bills in, before zipping it up with aplomb

"Jeeves, walk with me"

and he strode out of the Nugget, down Fremont street, pulling his case behind him

I as ever, three paces behind and one pace to the side, patrolling the scene for my eyes aware to avert any impending danger

It would have been remisss of me not to record the occasion for posterity, such is the rarity of the case beign pressed into use, and such was the amused reaction of many passers by

So here he is. Master and case, and $1904, successfully being transported back to the Rio

Click to see full-size image.

I have yet to discuss my legal defence to "loitering with intent" with My Master, I will let him savour his all too rare success for a night before raising the subject

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #951 on: June 16, 2014, 11:02:43 AM »

Great report Jeeves.

I wouldn't rely on your master's efforts to resolve your legal problems btw.

Better call Saul.

The older I get, the better I was.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: June 16, 2014, 01:22:54 PM »

He's back on the sticky buns again I see... top work Jeeves!

Jeeves

View Profile
« Reply #953 on: June 17, 2014, 12:23:36 PM »

"rrrrrrrrrriing riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing"

I was awoken from my slumbers by the phone in the suite

"Hello, Jeeves here. Master's residence"

"Jeeves its reception. There is a lift malfunction and a Mr Kendall is stuck. He would like to speak to you"

My spirit sapped, and I walked down the stairs, 32 floors, not wanting to risk one of the other lifts, to go to reception

I was let into the small security office behind where I saw several guards huddled round a speaker, and looking at cctv of the inside of the lift

I surveyed the scene the camera was showing

11 people. My master and a family with a child included. Only one of the occupants of the lift was agitated

My spirit sapped further

the plaintive sound of My Master's voice came across the speaker

"Jeeves are you there yet, Jeeves?"

I put on my soothing voice

"Yes sir, its all going to be ok sir"

The torrent that followed shocked the other lift occupants, but i let it reach its natural conclusion

"Jeeves this is a disgrace. this is not what Elisha Grave Otis had in mind in 1853, they even call them vertical transport systems now Jeeves. I used to install automatic doors for supermarkets Jeeves. Entrance Solution Jeeves. 11 people in this lift Jeeves and 10 of them made an exaggerated step over the small gap from foyer to lift Jeeves. Can you believe it Jeeves? I tried to talk to this man Jeeves.."

he pointed at a portly man next to him

"and he looked at the floor Jeeves. no eye contact Jeeves.and this child Jeeves"

he pointed at the six year old braced against the far wall

"pressed every button. 41 of them Jeeves. EVERY BUTTON! and he has caused us to break down and now I am stuck Jeeves and I don't want it to end like this..."

his voice trailed off and he began to quiver his bottom lip

Most of the other ten occupants of the lift looked as if they would quite like it to end here, and mercifully quickly

"sir, would you like me to sing you the song that calms you down?"

My Master looked up at the CCTV camera and nodded almost imperciptibly

I looked at the security personnel, raised an eyebrow and shrugged my shoulders at them

cleared my throat, and sang

"Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty, little ball of fur. Happy Kitty, Sleepy Kitty, purr, purr, purr”.  

this seemed to calm my Master down, so I repeated it, this time the original version that for us masqueraded as a second verse during episodes of extreme stress

"Warm Kitty, Soft Kitty, little ball of fur. Sleepy Kitty, Happy Kitty, purr, purr, purr".

"clever boy, clever boy" he muttered to himself, transporting himself to times past, where the embarrassing Otis Redding of his cheeks was not the current reality

Soon the lift was repaired, and he found himself back in his suite, hugging his Isambard Kingdom Brunel cabbage patch doll. All was right with the world at last.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 12:25:31 PM by Jeeves » Logged

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: June 17, 2014, 12:28:53 PM »

Another masterpiece from below-stairs.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #955 on: June 17, 2014, 02:47:48 PM »

Wonderful stuff.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: June 17, 2014, 03:20:19 PM »

great work Jeeves, can you please tell Tony I love his pink suitcase but judging by the photo of 'him' above it looks like he has paid £9.99 for the trousers and he's got at least £3.99 worth of them stuck in is arse.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #957 on: June 17, 2014, 03:24:23 PM »

Cheesy

Great stuff!

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: June 17, 2014, 04:10:07 PM »

So so good.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
maccol

View Profile
« Reply #959 on: June 17, 2014, 04:43:53 PM »

Ooh, TK and Sheldon stuck in a lift together.What a combination that would be. 

Embracing the variance.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: