blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:00:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345774 times)
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: August 01, 2011, 04:48:04 PM »

Villa should swap Ireland for Barton imo.
Ireland in free role behind Ba would be good. Don't think Lerner wouldn't want to pay both their wages though.
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 01, 2011, 04:50:28 PM »

Barton released on a free? smh

Hope Arsenal sign him.

Go on Jose, make a fool of me and tell me what that Smh stands for, Babel is forever tweeting it , but I've no idea.
Shaking My Head

Doh, n1
Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 01, 2011, 04:50:40 PM »

Villa should swap Ireland for Barton imo.
Ireland in free role behind Ba would be good. Don't think Lerner wouldn't want to pay both their wages though.

Ireland's been dross for ages. Would command decent wages too.

He's easily the most overrated footballer to have won the young POTY award for some time.

Cares more about his bank balance and making up stories about dead nan's than his does his football - and it shows.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 01, 2011, 04:56:03 PM »

Had a poor season but you have to put him in the right system. Ahead of Xavi Cabaye and Tiote Newcastle wouldn't need him to track back and he'd be free to attack. He'd score goals and create goals. He doesn't seem to have the discipline to play in a standard 442.

Think Stoke would be another club where it would suit both parties.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 01, 2011, 05:01:28 PM »

Seems like Harper could be away as well, Smith also but no problem with that. Disappointing to see Barton leave, was one of our best players last season. Pretty shambolic really.
Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 01, 2011, 05:02:30 PM »

Had a poor season but you have to put him in the right system. Ahead of Xavi Cabaye and Tiote Newcastle wouldn't need him to track back and he'd be free to attack. He'd score goals and create goals. He doesn't seem to have the discipline to play in a standard 442.

He's had 2 poor seasons. He's made 12 appearances in the last 2 seasons and has shown very little in terms of desire and effort.

Right now you'd be mad to pay a penny for him, as his wages will be pretty high.

He wouldn't suit Stoke either. They're devoid of the ability to pass the ball less than 30 yards at a time - plus his wage demands would be too high for them. If they were unable to do a deal with Scott Dann because of wages, Ireland will cost far too much.

Barton on twitter:

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton
One day the board might realise, what the shirt signifies. HONOUR and PRIDE. Thanks for your continued support........... #toonarmy
2 minutes ago
Joseph Barton
I am on a free but the honour of wearing those B+W stripes, surpasses that
4 minutes ago
Joseph Barton
Somewhere in those high echelons of NUFC, they have decided, I am persona non grata.
7 minutes ago
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 01, 2011, 05:11:46 PM »

He's had 2 poor seasons. He's made 12 appearances in the last 2 seasons and has shown very little in terms of desire and effort.

Right now you'd be mad to pay a penny for him, as his wages will be pretty high.
Not sure this is correct. Wiki says he played 31 times for City in 09/10. So one bad season, which was affected by injury.
I also wasn't suggesting paying for him. He hasn't settled at Villa yet and simply suggested that a swap for Barton would be good for both. Neither pays transfer fee. Both get rid of players that are unwanted or haven't worked out and neither would have a big impact made on their wage bill.

Was suggesting Barton would be good for Stoke not Ireland. Strong enough for their style of football but a better passer than they have.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 01, 2011, 05:12:20 PM »

lol, he could never play infront of tiote/cabaye, that spot is for the lovely ben arfa <33333333

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 01, 2011, 05:13:51 PM »

Seems like Harper could be away as well, Smith also but no problem with that. Disappointing to see Barton leave, was one of our best players last season. Pretty shambolic really.

Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 01, 2011, 05:22:30 PM »

Not sure this is correct. Wiki says he played 31 times for City in 09/10. So one bad season, which was affected by injury.
I also wasn't suggesting paying for him. He hasn't settled at Villa yet and simply suggested that a swap for Barton would be good for both. Neither pays transfer fee. Both get rid of players that are unwanted or haven't worked out and neither would have a big impact made on their wage bill.

Was suggesting Barton would be good for Stoke not Ireland. Strong enough for their style of football but a better passer than they have.

You're right my mistake. Was rushing and didn't check properly.

I still don't rate the lad. Was poor at City towards the end and the fact that Houllier decided 4 months after he joined that he was surplus to requirements says a lot about him.

Also don't think Newcastle would particularly need another troublesome individual. Pardew has a hard enough time as it is keeping a squad happy.

Think in time Barton leaving will be the best result for all concerned. You just can't have a player shooting his mouth off every other day because he's unhappy about something or other. Barton has zero diplomacy skills and is almost willingly trying to cause mayhem.

Oh and fair enough on the suggestion he could go to Stoke, but he doesn't strike me as the sort of player who would. Pulis has a very close knit squad out there. Don't think he'd want a loudmouth like Barton joining. Also think Barton could do a lot better.

Wouldn't overly surprise me if he joined Everton. Moyes has done little in the market due to a lack of funds so it'd make sense to try and sign him.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 01, 2011, 05:27:47 PM »

The manager is a bafoon anyways so no suprise the players all want away. He thinks hes billy big bollocks an wont last long.
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 01, 2011, 08:29:06 PM »

Can see Newcastle getting into trouble this season if there are one or two more that follow suit.

Thanks again for Lua Lua, skinned bale on Saturday and then banged it in from his standard 30 yards.

anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 01, 2011, 08:30:21 PM »

should recall LuaLua tho obv.

Sadly you can't recall - according to our forum.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 08:48:06 PM by anthonyl » Logged

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 11, 2011, 05:01:31 PM »

charlton re signed the legend that is jason euell yesterday. reminded me of one of my favourite footy stories (I don't really care how much truth there is in it) where newcastle accidentally signed carl cort for 7.5 million after robson sent someone down to sign up the young black england u21 forward he'd seen play but wimbledon had switched euell into midfield

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 11, 2011, 05:41:00 PM »

lolol

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: