blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:59:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345830 times)
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: July 18, 2015, 02:18:34 PM »

I can't work out if someone from Newcastle said something about Austin to hurry mitrovic into making his mind up, think he was debating between us Porto and roma, would love us to get Austin too tho. Sell cisse

Yeah deffo take them both, but still not seen much on the gapping holes in our defence, and hope it wouldnt have a knockon effect on who we get there. Seems we offered more money than porto, they must be proper grim if thats the case.
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2296 on: July 21, 2015, 06:04:57 PM »

Yea, as much as I think sissoko was abit of a flop last season and he didn't seem to have much fight we need to be adding to the squad not just 3 in 3 out or whatever. Defenders are top of the list for me aswell, not been linked with much in that department though, looking like we might be getting mitrovic from anderlecht this week

V excited with this guy, interviews of him years ago raving about Newcastle and shearer. Wearing his Newcastle shirt in his hotel before he was even announced, shows abit of passion, something alot of our players lack.

Also signing his mate from anderlecht although there's issues over how old he actually is hahaa
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: July 21, 2015, 06:15:47 PM »

Yea, as much as I think sissoko was abit of a flop last season and he didn't seem to have much fight we need to be adding to the squad not just 3 in 3 out or whatever. Defenders are top of the list for me aswell, not been linked with much in that department though, looking like we might be getting mitrovic from anderlecht this week

V excited with this guy, interviews of him years ago raving about Newcastle and shearer. Wearing his Newcastle shirt in his hotel before he was even announced, shows abit of passion, something alot of our players lack.

Also signing his mate from anderlecht although there's issues over how old he actually is hahaa

yeah think he has undone some of the poor rep his dad has gained through the saga by looking like he really wants to play for the club.

Like look of other guy, not sure about the age thing, but don't think the club that signed martins can really comment lol. As long as he's not a taribo west job, it'll be ok.

toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2298 on: July 21, 2015, 06:28:09 PM »

Saw a video of mbemba, unbelievable pace for a big centre back. Can fk willo off because he is the absolute worst, championship player at best
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: July 21, 2015, 08:04:39 PM »

yeah think he has undone some of the poor rep his dad has gained through the saga by looking like he really wants to play for the club.

Like look of other guy, not sure about the age thing, but don't think the club that signed martins can really comment lol. As long as he's not a taribo west job, it'll be ok.

Agree with this, obv has the passion and tbh must have to be picking us over Roma!
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: July 21, 2015, 08:39:54 PM »

Saw a video of mbemba, unbelievable pace for a big centre back. Can fk willo off because he is the absolute worst, championship player at best

superb on the ball

has a rick in him but pace gets him out of it most of time, the ball will be played out through him at all times
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: July 26, 2015, 06:51:48 PM »

Chaps - Sporting Index have set the line at about 42 for season points for Newcastle.  This is significantly lower than recent years after the Carver debacle (think they were going off at 46+ under Pardew).  I'm thinking this might be an over-reaction now with Schteve in place and a few big signings.

Thoughts on unders/overs on this?
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: July 26, 2015, 07:32:39 PM »

Chaps - Sporting Index have set the line at about 42 for season points for Newcastle.  This is significantly lower than recent years after the Carver debacle (think they were going off at 46+ under Pardew).  I'm thinking this might be an over-reaction now with Schteve in place and a few big signings.

Thoughts on unders/overs on this?

Would expect around 50 point mark, if they keep doing business they should be solid mid table. They scored 39 last season so seems the upside is a fair bit better than the downside?
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2303 on: July 27, 2015, 06:15:27 PM »

Got a kid on way in December, having a baby girl, acceptable to put her in Newcastle tops from the off?  £30 for the new top Size 2-4 month.... Jesus ha
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2304 on: August 09, 2015, 01:04:01 AM »

Would snap take draw tomorrow, don't think mbemba and mitrovic are match fit yet. Joke tough start to season coming up.

Like how mclaren has handled himself and media since he joined.
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: August 09, 2015, 04:20:46 PM »

What a great game that was. Point seems a fair result in the end. Very impressed with Newcastle.

Mitrovic could have been off after 5 seconds!

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: August 09, 2015, 09:21:56 PM »

What a great game that was. Point seems a fair result in the end. Very impressed with Newcastle.

Mitrovic could have been off after 5 seconds!

Same old weaknesses. Can't defend set pieces or in the air generally. Get 2-1 up and then sit back.

Point a fair result but we might have won it if it wasn't for tiote having to come on for Anita.
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2307 on: August 10, 2015, 07:07:22 PM »

Fml, booked two tickets for arsenal home game less than 2 hours ago, Mrs comes home and reminded me we're away that weekend, anyone here wanna buy them? 
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: August 10, 2015, 07:11:53 PM »

I'm in the home end with my Geordie Misses for the Newcastle v Watford game.  I can manage not cheering Watford goals but do I have to cheer Geordie goals to avoid a bashing?  This seems to vary club to club.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: August 10, 2015, 07:14:41 PM »

I'm in the home end with my Geordie Misses for the Newcastle v Watford game.  I can manage not cheering Watford goals but do I have to cheer Geordie goals to avoid a bashing?  This seems to vary club to club.

i had to sit in the newcastle main stand once, and we lost 2-0

sat on my hands, didn't move a muscle all game and was seriously regretting it throughout. fortunately we never looked like scoring so there were no involuntary jump ups or exclamations

second only to doing it at Leeds, which at the time was the only way i could get a ticket

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: