blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:25:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSq.com GUKPT Blackpool: Day 1B
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSq.com GUKPT Blackpool: Day 1B  (Read 43566 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2008, 05:36:24 PM »

Jeff Kimber writes...

"Sam [trickett] knocked Rob Sherwood out pretty horribly. Sam raises UTG to 400, guy with 2,000 totall calls. Button call, Rob in BB makes it 1,700. (Looks squeezy but can't be as short stack can't pass if folded back to him). Sam reraises again to 3,500, shorty thinks, eventually folds his small pair (he says), Rob all-in, Sam has to call.

Rob has Q-Q, Sam (says we have history and he never noticed shorty) A-J...turn ace..."

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2008, 05:36:48 PM »

good luck to Neil Blatchley and gl to mr rutter.due to win one of these.i see also the excellent Iwan Jones is playing any news apprecaited

Here's Iwan, intense-looking and comfortably above-average in chips at last check.

discopoker

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2008, 05:44:57 PM »

Would you be as good as to give me a chip count on Ian Holman and James Mitchell

Thanks in advance

Disco
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2008, 05:45:13 PM »

The happy-looking guy in white (Mark Jones) next to a beardy Jerome Bradpiece just doubled up from a very short stack to a short-ish stack, with some weird river betting to finish it off.

The board had a pair of Eights on it, and some cards there or thereabouts which could be straightened.  The pot had reached the giddy heights of 11k, but when Harry Zammit checked to Jones he threw in a minbet - 300.  I quickly doublechecked the pot size, while Zammit check-raised to 1,000.  Curiouser and curiouser - this made a lot more sense when I moved round the table a little bit and saw that Jones only had 1k behind for the final betting round anyway. 

"It's now or never," he said, quite rightly, and was rewarded with his for trips still being good.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2008, 05:46:07 PM »

Not too much to report for Praz Bansi or Julian Thew.

Praz has a meagre 2,700. "I have them right where I want them," he warns, "They'll never see it coming..." He then admitted he 'value-owned myself with a straight vs a flush.'

Julian is steadier on 10,000. "I'm just grinding, a whole new level of weak-tightness."

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2008, 05:57:32 PM »

Would you be as good as to give me a chip count on Ian Holman and James Mitchell

Thanks in advance

Disco

James Mitchell - 11,500
Holman - Been moved off his table and my short term memory for faces searched on blondepedia not working sorry

ALSO REQUESTED EARLIER....

Robert Boon - OUT (pictured while IN)

Mary Milton - 4,975

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2008, 06:00:22 PM »

Jorgen Kjerkol busts to Rob Cowen... having reached the turn button vs. bb (Cowen) the board read .  Cowen bet out around 2,000, and Kjerkol moved all in for a further 5,600.  Not a chunk which would be negligible to Cowen.  He queried himself, "Flopped a set?" before clearly deciding this wasn't the case and calling with .  Kjerkol only had and no hit later we're down another player.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2008, 06:11:06 PM »

Stu Rutter has written down a few hands, the most interesting involving Rob Cowen,

"A late position limps, SB completes, aggressive kid in the 2 seat, makes it 425, both call. Board A-8-6, check check, 8-seat bets 1,600. Rob Cowen in the 2 seat calls. Turn A-8-6-3, check check.

River A-8-6-3-A. The kid bets 1,500. 8-seat counts chips to raise, dwells nad eventually passes. Cowen shows 9-7o.

Cown raises to 600, 7-seat calls, flop 8-4-3. Cown bets 1,100. Reraise to 3,200. All-in for 5,500 more from Cowen. 7-seat calls with T-T, Cowen has K-K. Board runs out 8-4-3-6-J

Rob Cowen over 20k, 7-seat out..."

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2008, 06:14:35 PM »

Right, Jen has to leave now but Snoopy will be here to take over after the break, but I'll be flying solo for the next 20 minutes or so.

Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2008, 06:16:49 PM »

update  on bigalhx  please

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2008, 06:25:20 PM »

thanks for the updates guys. Best of luck to Mary Martin in this today.

Mike

Here's Mary Martin (I think) surprised into looking up and therefore a little blurry, sorry.  She seems pretty cheerful as yet...

Cheers - Good to see she's enjoying herself. Also nice to see the Mole and Brian Martin both looking as cheery as ever. Good Luck to the 3 of them.

Go xxMAIRxx

please pass on best wishes to my wee cousin and tell her I'll be watching all weekend.

Geo.

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2008, 06:29:16 PM »

Javed Abrahams just knocked out another player. He's over the 40k mark now, we're about to be going on a dinner break so all other requests I'll do as soon as we get back.

********************1 hour dinner break***********************

neildawson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2008, 06:51:42 PM »

GL to Mary, The Mole and all other Scots.
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2008, 06:56:32 PM »

GL to Mary, The Mole and all other Scots.

hello stranger, how's things

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
HornswaggleU

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2008, 07:14:39 PM »

Feeling very kindly towards Stu Rutter for heading to the bar on our behalf during this first break, I wasn't going to post a looky-likey of him and Roger the alien from American Dad in a tea-cosy hat.  I just thought I'd put the image in your minds instead.

ah... so this is the new headgear now that I've stolen his scarf.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: