blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:46:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSq.com GUKPT Blackpool: Final Day
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSq.com GUKPT Blackpool: Final Day  (Read 35391 times)
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 17, 2008, 03:55:51 AM »

I'm back in the hotel now, tucked up in my nice warm bed, but before I crack on with the end-of-day William Hill report, just a quick word on our eventual winner Brian Clarke. Although he ran well on the final table, he played a solid game throughout and perhaps deserved some of the luck that was embellished upon him in the end. More importantly, however, his win encapsulated some of the aspects of poker that make the game so attractive. As a single dad who works as a nightwatchman on the Blackpool pier, winning this event was probably just a distant pipe dream, but every time a player dropped out and he climbed another rung of the ladder, that dream gradually became more and more of a possibility.

As an amateur who is more accustomed to playing £10 comps down the local pub, the monies received from this victory will probably mean more to him than they did to any of the previous GUKPT winners. As he accepted his prize, it was clearly a proud moment for Brian as he fought in vain to stop the tears from flowing. In this sense, it was a joy to see someone so proud and overwhelmed take down the title. A big congratulations to him, at times in the comp he was a gent among table bangers, so let's hope we see him playing a few more of these GUKPTs come season three. But before that, he's got a Grand Final to win. Well done, Brian. 

Well Done Brian...never met you but you keep the dream alive..well played xx
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 17, 2008, 06:25:20 AM »

Great updates snoops

FML

tryerboy

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 17, 2008, 11:40:25 AM »

martyn cavanagh here. thx to all that sent there gl on here. just not to be. And to Brian Clarke well done. played with him for 2 days he  had no chips. but as they say u got to be in to win it. well done m8
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 17, 2008, 12:30:47 PM »

I'm back in the hotel now, tucked up in my nice warm bed, but before I crack on with the end-of-day William Hill report, just a quick word on our eventual winner Brian Clarke. Although he ran well on the final table, he played a solid game throughout and perhaps deserved some of the luck that was embellished upon him in the end. More importantly, however, his win encapsulated some of the aspects of poker that make the game so attractive. As a single dad who works as a nightwatchman on the Blackpool pier, winning this event was probably just a distant pipe dream, but every time a player dropped out and he climbed another rung of the ladder, that dream gradually became more and more of a possibility.

As an amateur who is more accustomed to playing £10 comps down the local pub, the monies received from this victory will probably mean more to him than they did to any of the previous GUKPT winners. As he accepted his prize, it was clearly a proud moment for Brian as he fought in vain to stop the tears from flowing. In this sense, it was a joy to see someone so proud and overwhelmed take down the title. A big congratulations to him, at times in the comp he was a gent among table bangers, so let's hope we see him playing a few more of these GUKPTs come season three. But before that, he's got a Grand Final to win. Well done, Brian. 

Excellent summary Snoops
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 04:51:49 PM by Kev B » Logged

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 17, 2008, 02:22:42 PM »

Fantastic updates guys

Thanks!

Lovely result for the little guy.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2008, 03:34:27 PM »

Excellent summary Snoops.

great touch snoops. congrats brian!!!!
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2008, 06:30:36 PM »

Always nice to hear the old fairy tale stories.

Wd Sir
Thekellster89

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2008, 06:40:28 PM »

ship it to weebrick lol, that is the funniest final table i have ever seen.

wp sir

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2008, 10:26:16 PM »

Nice summary there Snoops and congratulations to Brian Smiley

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2008, 11:14:17 PM »

WP Helmets Dad

I bet they were going barmy in the press box LOL

Great stuff, I love to see someone scoop when I know that it aint going back into the pool, and Brian will probs put the cash to good use. Hopefully he will chuck his lad a few quid for a hair cut Wink

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2008, 11:29:52 PM »

WP Helmets Dad

Great stuff, I love to see someone scoop when I know that it aint going back into the pool, and Brian will probs put the cash to good use. Hopefully he will chuck his lad a few quid for a hair cut Wink

when there would be no poker
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 17, 2008, 11:36:09 PM »

LOL There are enough people who play week in week out to comfortably make sure the game survives when one person has a scoop and doesnt spunk it back.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
PeeKay
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2008, 04:06:56 PM »

WP Helmets Dad

Cheers everyone for the kind words everyone, I still cant believe it.
Don't worry Kev a haircut is on the cards Smiley
crakfox
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2008, 07:51:28 PM »

does any1 know if this event was full

Entires: 133
Total prize pool: £39,900

1st  Sam Trickett -- £12,760
2nd  Mark Ridley -- £7,180
3rd  Toni Dicesare -- £5,190
4th  Abed Eid -- £3,590