blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:43:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  2012
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2012  (Read 21984 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2008, 11:58:28 AM »

Nostradamus also said that a man named MADAS would end the world. That's 'Sadam' backwards.

We know what happened there.

gg

I think the name he refers to is MABUS which some have taken to mean Sadam.  Some also think it could mean George Bush, Barack Obama, Osama Bin Laden, or a leader from the East not yet known to us.  

Yes, because all those names sound a lot like MABUS. It makes perfect sense really....in fact it's quite scary how similar it is.

I shall call Nostradamus "Frank" from now on...it's close enough and I'm sure he wouldn't mind...in fact, I shall call everybody quoting him Frank from now on, I'm bound to be right sooner or later.

The only thing Nostradamus (or Frank) EVER got right was his prediction that Dewi would start a Fry Up thread.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 12:00:13 PM »

My Grandads name is Frank,never heard him quote Nostradamus though. Wink

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 12:03:47 PM »

Did he predict Dewi's "Fry-up" thread?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
PocketLady
Northampton Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2008, 12:10:43 PM »

Nostradamus also said that a man named MADAS would end the world. That's 'Sadam' backwards.

gg

I think the name he refers to is MABUS which some have taken to mean Sadam.  Some also think it could mean George Bush, Barack Obama, Osama Bin Laden, or a leader from the East not yet known to us.  

Yes, because all those names sound a lot like MABUS. It makes perfect sense really....in fact it's quite scary how similar it is.

I shall call Nostradamus "Frank" from now on...it's close enough and I'm sure he wouldn't mind...in fact, I shall call everybody quoting him Frank from now on, I'm bound to be right sooner or later.

It's surprising how many names he gets right actually.  This is a prediction about the death of Princess Diana:  

The last son of the man with the Prophet’s name (Mohammed)
Will bring Diana to her day of rest.
At a distance they wander in frenetic grief
Delivering a great people from ruin.’

And this one about Napoleon where he uses an anagram:

PAU, NAY, LORON will be more of fire than of the blood,
To swim in praise,
the great one to flee to the confluence.
He will refuse entry to the Piuses,
The depraved ones and the Durance will keep them imprisoned.

PAU NAY LORON spells Napaulon Roy, or Napoleon the King giving the Corsican spelling of his name.  Anyway, I'm still not saying I believe it all.  You are right in a that the Nostradamus prophecies can be very vague, but I find it hard to ignore indisputable fact, like the end of the Mayan calendar, or the alignment of the galaxy on the exact same day, but then again maybe that's all that will happen.

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2008, 12:53:03 PM »

Did he predict Dewi's "Fry-up" thread?
Many a good fry-up has been enjoyed at Grandads house,no direct predictions about the thread but he may have chucked an anagram in that i wasn`t savy enough to detect.

cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2008, 12:57:46 PM »

•    Nosrtadameus's first name was Micky not Frank.

shy bairns get nowt
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2008, 01:04:13 PM »

gg

It's surprising how many names he gets right actually.  This is a prediction about the death of Princess Diana:  

The last son of the man with the Prophet’s name (Mohammed)
Will bring Diana to her day of rest.
At a distance they wander in frenetic grief
Delivering a great people from ruin.’

What makes you think it's a prediction about Princes Diana's death?

This is also not how the refrain was interpreted before Diana died...there are several interpretations flying about..NONE of them mention princess Diana.

"'La penultieme du surnom de prophete
         Prendra Diane pour son jour et repos
         Loing vaguera par frenetique teste
         En deliverant un grand peuple d'impos"

From the refrain you quoted the first line is quite clearly wrong;

'La penultieme du surnom de prophete Go back to your high school French book and find the word "fils" in there (that means sons), look up what Penultimate means (frighteningly similar to what it means in English) and then go back and explain to me how this means "the last son of Mohammed".

Really, you can not go back through 1000s of vague descriptions and rhymes and then say "he saw this coming hundreds of years ago" while you quite clearly wrongly translate even a basic part of the rhyme to suit your own purpose.

As for the "Calendar running out at exactly the same time as the allignment"

The calendar does not "run out" in 2012, again it's a very basic misconception by conspiracy theorists, atrologists and other cooks who want to make a bit of money by praying on the gullible.

Their long cycle ends...a cycle always ends, it's the very nature of a cycle..that it will end and begin again.
The Mayans had loads of cycles, these were important in the Mayan culture and they attributed many things to a new cycle...in the same way that astrologists attribute stuff to the standing of the stars and the Chinese attribute many things to their Astrological calendar.

That doesn't mean that they thought the world would end FFS. (or even the ridiculous notion that "This is one of the reasons some think that 2012 will not bring a disaster, but will instead bring some kind of human advancement or evolutionary process, and not WIII or the end of the world."
Really? wow, I rest assured now that the world won't end but that we will all evolve on December 22nd in 2012. Whomever wrote that quite clearly doesn't grasp the rather basic principles of Evolution. Lol, "We evolve on that particular date" .

Really, it's not that complicated to do a quick google (although admittedly there are loads of nonsense websites telling us the world will end in 2012) and look into this sort of stuff...even applying some common sense would help.

Now, before I go ino a massive rant I reckon I'll just leave it at this for now but suffice to say the entire post is soo full of flaws, ridiculous notions and plainly made of stuff that you really are best explaining to your dad that he might as well believe in Scientology and claim that we are descandants from the crap of little green men.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2008, 01:11:45 PM »

On top of that, the academics, who themselves tend to eschew any attempt at 'interpretation', complained that the English translations were usually of poor quality, seemed to display little or no knowledge of 16th century French, were tendentious and, at worst, were sometimes twisted to fit the events to which they were supposed to refer (or vice versa). None of them, certainly, were based on the original editions: Roberts had based himself on that of 1672, Cheetham and Hogue on the posthumous edition of 1568. Even the relatively respectable Leoni accepted on his page 115 that he had never seen an original edition, and on earlier pages indicated that much of his biographical material was unsourced.
(wiki)

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2008, 01:28:19 PM »

2012 will be the end of boldies world as he knows it

CIAmus predicts a trip to lapland with 1/2 ankle biters in 2012
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2008, 02:20:14 PM »

Rule # 1. If people believe tosh like this,. NEVER try to argue with them. You cannot win, they grab hold of these things & it captures their imaginatioin completely.

It's precisely the same mindset as "Online poker is rigged".

Each to their own.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2008, 02:24:04 PM »

I agree with boldie(sigh)

I got a book out from the library about him, probably about 8 years ago now, i forgot to take it back and it was a week over due and they charge 10p per day late fees so i thought fuck that i'm keeping it now.

He was an apothacary(to start with) and he'd note the positioning of planets in accordence with great historical events then just work out when they'd be aligned in the same way again and say something similar was going to happen(great leader born, great leader fell) all that shit, very vague.

His prophacy for the world ending has long been and gone.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 02:27:21 PM by bolt pp » Logged
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2008, 02:24:48 PM »

Rule # 1. If people believe tosh like this,. NEVER try to argue with them. You cannot win, they grab hold of these things & it captures their imaginatioin completely.

Each to their own.

unlike the online poker is rigged brigade atleast he had a system!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2008, 02:27:56 PM »

True, still tilts me though.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2008, 05:26:37 PM »

The Mayans used to sacrifice people in order for their crops to grow, rain to fall, and to ensure the sun rose in the morning.

They got completely wrong as well.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2008, 05:27:18 PM »

As has already been stated. All these prophecies have been discovered after the event, merely a case of people seeing what they want to.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: