blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:12:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSq.com GUKPT Brighton: Day 2
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSq.com GUKPT Brighton: Day 2  (Read 62951 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 17, 2009, 11:07:15 PM »

Final table of 9 or 10 mate?

can you tell nick that he owes me 10 % for wearing my hat! and its a putrid hat

9 players. We need to lose two more.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 17, 2009, 11:10:51 PM »

Despite the good poker, the quality of the rail has not improved...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 17, 2009, 11:14:07 PM »

James Sudworth raises to 21k, Ramsey Ajram pushes for 131k total.

A traditional dwell before Sudworth announces he's going to flip a coin to decide. "Heads I call, tails I fold."

The coin comes up tails and he mucks, but begs Ajram to show his hand.

Eventually he gets his wish. Ajram shows

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: January 17, 2009, 11:17:14 PM »

Despite the good poker, the quality of the rail has not improved...

Lol...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
4thstreet
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 17, 2009, 11:18:34 PM »

He's not called Nick 'the river dogg' Holbrook for nothing
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 17, 2009, 11:19:14 PM »

Huge pot between Kerry Taylor and Nicholas Holbrook.

No! Bigger!

Taylor raised to 25k and Holbrook called.

three clubs

Taylor bets 40k, Holbrook raises to 125k. Taylor moves all-in.

Holbrook thinks for ages before eventually calling for his stack. He hates what he sees.

Taylor:

Holbrook:

And with that two outer, Holbrook's friends go ballistic as Taylor can only stand there in shock. He's virtually felted and goes shortly after in 11th place.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 17, 2009, 11:21:02 PM »

He's not called Nick 'the river dogg' Holbrook for nothing

He's the new chip leader with around 500k.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 17, 2009, 11:26:39 PM »

Bubble pls Sudworth (anti bok)

If he finals I scoooooooooop

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 17, 2009, 11:29:11 PM »

wht price did the mug give u?
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 17, 2009, 11:30:06 PM »

?? do tell

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 17, 2009, 11:31:26 PM »

Got 50 quid on at 3/1

Also had 50 quid on Paul King vs Thewy at 6/5

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 17, 2009, 11:32:18 PM »

Got 50 quid on at 3/1

Also had 50 quid on Paul King vs Thewy at 6/5

gg triggs eye.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 17, 2009, 11:38:23 PM »

Chip counts (which I stole from the dealer before Jonathan Raab got there)

Craig Brignall -- 96.1k
Nicholas Holbrook -- 502k
Richard Lewidon -- 88.2k
Nathan Lee -- 158.8k
Keir Ratcliff -- 162.6k

James Sudworth -- 296.2k
Bernard Litman -- 240.4k
Ramsey Ajram -- 180.8k
Andreas Hoivold -- 348.6k
Matt Perrins -- 282.7k

Blinds about to go to 5k/10k with a 500 ante. Squeaky bum time for Brignall and Lewidon in particular.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 11:54:16 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

p12yan
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 17, 2009, 11:44:10 PM »

blinds 1.5k/3k (200) everyone folds to Priyan in SB he calls with   and Ian checks in BB

three diamonds

Priyan 4k, Ian calls

Priyan check, Ian 4k, Priyan call

Priyan checks, Ian is thinking what to bet and Priyan says ''I'll have to call''

Now a ruling is called and TD says ''yes its binding, whatever he bets you have to call'' so Ian moves in 37k into like 24k pot and Priyan forced to call, sounds a bit harsh to me.

Hi Guys,

I don't normally write on blonde but am so pissed off and upset at the ruling given to me I want to make a few things clear and get it off my chest. When we get to the river, I check,  Ian is thinking of betting and gets some chips in his hand, I take some chips in my hand and look at him, he looks at me as if to say what u doing? As we have been having banter throughout our blinds I say a off the cuff remark "I got to call".  Now please note there is nothing to call, NO BET HAS BEEN MADE YET, he is getting free information of me, am I weak or strong and I am trying to get him to put a small bet to call.  I have done nothing wrong here this is normal table talk.  Now at this moment Iwan says to Ian, "Ian that is binding, yesterday Dubai did the same thing, ask for a ruling, too many guys are saying things like this, its not on",  at which stage Ian pipes up and says yes I would like a ruling. He had no intention of asking for a ruling before Iwan said anything 100%.  

The inexperienced floor guy(bald young guy with Tattos, so wish Dena was there this would have never got to TD level) comes across does not even ask the dealer anything and listens to what Ian, myself and Iwan(still involved) have to say, he immediately says I will have to call any bet made as " I got to call" is a verbally binding(EVEN BEFORE THE BET HAS BEEN MADE!!!) Of course all this information is coming mainly not from Ian but Iwan whom is referring back to the ruling made a few days ago and whom is still very much involved in the whole thing even thou it has NOTHING to do with him(Guess he is helping his poor friend whom does not have a backbone and is very shy LOLLOLOLO).  Now at this stage Ian immediately goes all in.  I cant believe what has happened and ask for TD to come over.  When he comes across thou I can not believe what I am hearing as the younger guy(whom made the ruling) while bringing over the TD has given his version of events which is unfair as he also whats his ruling to be correct.  The TD does not even speak to the dealer to get the facts or listen to my side of the story sees Ian's chips over the line which were not there when the ruling was made and says I have to call.  The dealer whom is very experienced young girl glasses deals quickly and knows the game is not consulted once.

In my opinion too many times have I seen a wrong ruling made as the TD does not want to undermine his staff(he has to support them i guess) he should not be influenced by the person whom has made the ruling in the 1st place as it is his ruling we are disputing(how is he going to portray the story). He should come to the table and hear the story from the dealer who has heard and seen everything and then maybe the players after if he wants.  The TD did not not listen and evaluate the situation just went on what he heard from Iwan and the younger floor guy.  If he did he would had seen that no bet had been made when the comment was made and that common sense would say to give me a warning and let Ian make his bet and me to decide what to do.  Since he did not look at the situation and wanted to flex his muscles he has come out making a totally ridiculous ruling and looking very unprofessional(no one has said he made the right ruling from all blonde member to even experienced players like Dave Colclough etc etc)

Anyway mistakes are made but what really get to me is Iwans involvement in the whole matter.  He knows very well that he should never be talking or getting involved in a hand he is not playing himself.  As u have all pointed out he is a seasoned pro he knows what goes and doesn't and he has stepped over the line big time helping his friend win a big pot and getting an massive advantage in the hand.  I don't know why Iwan got involved whether he was pissed off I won the race AK v his 9's or I was a threat or in he had a bad experience on another table earlier.  It does not matter thou as he should know better he cost me my tournament and my chance of winning.  I was finally knocked out by Ian with my own chips final nail in the coffin...
riverdave

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 17, 2009, 11:44:58 PM »

With regard to the controversial hand anyone at the table can call for a ruling, Iwan ventured an opinion (which in his own words maybe he didn't need to) that he agreed with Ian but that the only way they could solve it was to call for a ruling. Nothing wrong with that otherwise you have the potential for it to develop into a stand up argument. The ruling itself i personally think is a bit shit but Frazer took full advantage of it as it was recounted to me. Apparently he picked up 12k to bet the river as he did this Priyan picked up the same amount to call, Frazer didn't put the chips over the line and stopped and looked at Priyan, it was then that he made his statement. The ruling was called and now Frazer moves in for a massive overbet (37k?). Priyan left himself open to it but pretty gross use of the situation by Frazer as he now trebled his bet.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: