blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:39:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Blog
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Blog  (Read 15703 times)
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2009, 06:50:54 PM »

gl blatch

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2009, 07:03:25 PM »

Neil about to pm you.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2009, 07:10:59 PM »

Besf of luck mate!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2009, 08:05:57 PM »

good luck in vegas mate, will be thinkin about u while at dtd this weekend, sounds like i fancy u, lol , but if u see kevs tan...........wow!!!!

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2009, 10:07:35 PM »

dude gl- win mad dimes!!!!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2009, 10:19:06 PM »

GLGL

Autobetkev

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2009, 11:38:13 AM »

good luck in vegas mate, will be thinkin about u while at dtd this weekend, sounds like i fancy u, lol , but if u see kevs tan...........wow!!!!

He's seen it before Mike, and the white bits....Wink

How can you soar like an eagle if you surround yourself with turkeys?
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2009, 12:03:55 PM »

pmsl kev, we know u and neil are close............ but really that close?

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2009, 12:50:05 PM »

Yeah im good just had a mad couple of days really.

Met up with a load of boys from a different forum - please dont kill me.  Had a really good night out with them after visiting quite a few bars where Ive never been before.  Thats one of the things I really like about Vegas; this is my 3rd time here and still going to different places that are so different to other places on the strip.  Went to bars including Hard Rock at Imperial Palace, a sports bar at Plant Hollywood called Blondies and went for a fabulous steak at a steakhouse in ballys I think.

Had a really chilled day yesterday as its main event today.  Chilled by the pool till around 3 or so, played cash till 6 and then ordered room service and watched CIS and went to bed around 11 so I was really ready for today.  Im gonna jump in the shower now and head ofd for day 1 of the WSOP main event and hopefully have a good update to do later on tonight for you all.

GL me and my stakers Smiley

Blondies is hevaen when there is a big game on.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2009, 08:03:32 PM »

Still in Champ? Update?

Why don't u text me anymore? Too famous for me?  Cry

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2009, 08:36:46 PM »

I know Neil got his aces busted, I don't know any more than that

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2009, 09:00:13 PM »

I know Neil got his aces busted, I don't know any more than that

Funny that- whenever Neil busts he had aces.... Wink

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2009, 10:41:36 PM »

I busted out late last night about 15 mins from the end of the day and was in such a bad mood last night I didnt bother doing the report.  I was meant to be playing the Venetian 1k today but was feling to rough when I woke so went back to bed.

Got to the Rio at around 11.30 and the buzz was already amazing, went into the Full Tilt room again for some breakfast and was obviously a lot more busy this time than normal.  Got to my table and didnt recognise anyone but I tend to sterotype people.  The guy to my right seemed a seasoned tour compaigner, I had Tony G's best mate to my left who came 14th in the horse event apparently and had an Internet kid in seat 9 (I was in seat 3).  The rest was a bit of mix but was quite happy with the table from first look.  Steve Jelinek was on a table 3 to my left, John Conroy was on the table next to me and he had Phil Laak to his left, so had a quick chat with them before we started.  Shane Warne was on the table behind Laak's so we had quite a crowd constantly around us, which made the atnosphere that bit better.

My plan for the day was to take things slow and literally make day two and then go from there.  So after 3 rounds and then young kid in seat 9 nicking my blind every time when folded round I took a stance.  He raised with J9 I flatted with 67 and the board came 899, I sure got there so there went 4k in chips trying to bluff on the river.  I didnt really do much after this apart from the occasional open and continuation bet which seemed to work most of the time.  Then came my first real problem hand of the day.  I raised with   to 550 at 100/200 and got flatted to my left and by the only idiot at the table in the BB.  By this time the guy to my left had around 90k after hitting set over set twice and people not being able to fold.  Flop came down   , BB leads into me so I thought this was a perfect spot to build a big pot ashe had led out with weak aces and flush draws previously in the day.  He led for 1250 so I pumped to 3325 to try to isloate this guy and play from there.  Sadly the dude to my left flatted which I thought was very strange.  I was expecting either a re re raise or a fold.  The BB makes up and the 3 of us see the turn with over 12k in the middle.  Turn is the   which I really couldnt see helping anyone and the BB leads for 5k, around 40% of the pot.  This confused me a bit so I decided to peel in postion and then the guy to my left shoves the lot.  BB calls after thinking leaving 5k behind and im forced to fold.  BB flips 77 for the set and other guy flips   for the gutshot straight flush which got there.

So im now down to around 14k out of my 30k stack and feeling a tad pissed off.  Thankfully the break came so I get myself together a bit.  After the break seat 9 raised again and I flat on the button with JJ and we managed to get it in on a   three diamonds board with him tabling AK, King pops on the turn to make me sweat but after the blank on the river im scopping almost back to ym starting stack.

I then went on a really cold session, nothing playable, people three betting pre constantly, especially out o the BB and without me seeing anything im peeling occasionally with SC and not getting anywhere.  After 3 hours of this im down to around 9k and getting quite down, im keep trying to grind it out thinking something will come along and it did but boy did I play it badly.  Seat 9 raises, a new, very tight Spanish lad flats in seat 1 and I flat on the button with JJ, three of us see the flop of   .  Seat 9 checks and after continuation betting about 90% of the time, seat 1 fires out a 2/3 of the pot bet and I flat for some stupid reason expecting a re pump from the OR.  Sadly OR folds and we see   come on the turn which is gonna kill all my action.  I get checked to and so I fire a very weak 1/3 of the pot and around 40% of my stack in the middle which duly gets flatted, blak on the turn I shove after being checked to and he flips 33 and says I cant call.  Why I didnt raise the flop I dont know!!

Anyway the hand puts me up to around 16k again and im feeling a bit better, I then pick up 3k more with two raises and coninutation bets that get through and then comes my exit hand.  Im starting to feel good and find AA UTG.  Ive had them twice before today, both UTG and got no action.  I raise to 900 at 150/300/25 and pick up 4 callers.  Praying for a safe board I get one im fairly happy with in     and fire out a bet of 2/3 out the pot (2375) and then get raised by UTG +2 to 5725.  Everyone folds round to me and I ummmm and are a bit as he has been quite a tight player and decide this is my spot really to double up and get back in the tourney properly.  I raise leaving myself 300 behind, so another 12k or so and think for eternity before calling with   three diamonds and obviously hits on the turn.  I couldnt fin myself to fold for the 300 remianing and im prety gutted as I felt that one hand would have been perfect to leave me on a high after quite a brutal day at the tables.

Afterwards I went for a wonder in the Rio and had a quick look in the shops and ended up bying some fantastic poker art work from a guy called Michal Goddard, you guys should google him and look at some of the stuff.  Im not relly an arty person by this stuff is awesome.  Prob gonna be a quiet week for me now with a few comps dotted here and there at the Venetian before the main event at Ceasers.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 10:44:20 PM by Blatch » Logged
Jack Reacher

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2009, 10:47:42 PM »

I busted out late last night about 15 mins from the end of the day and was in such a bad mood last night I didnt bother doing the report.  I was meant to be playing the Venetian 1k today but was feling to rough when I woke so went back to bed.

Got to the Rio at around 11.30 and the buzz was already amazing, went into the Full Tilt room again for some breakfast and was obviously a lot more busy this time than normal.  Got to my table and didnt recognise anyone but I tend to sterotype people.  The guy to my right seemed a seasoned tour compaigner, I had Tony G's best mate to my left who came 14th in the horse event apparently and had an Internet kid in seat 9 (I was in seat 3).  The rest was a bit of mix but was quite happy with the table from first look.  Steve Jelinek was on a table 3 to my left, John Conroy was on the table next to me and he had Phil Laak to his left, so had a quick chat with them before we started.  Shane Warne was on the table behind Laak's so we had quite a crowd constantly around us, which made the atnosphere that bit better.

My plan for the day was to take things slow and literally make day two and then go from there.  So after 3 rounds and then young kid in seat 9 nicking my blind every time when folded round I took a stance.  He raised with J9 I flatted with 67 and the board came 899, I sure got there so there went 4k in chips trying to bluff on the river.  I didnt really do much after this apart from the occasional open and continuation bet which seemed to work most of the time.  Then came my first real problem hand of the day.  I raised with   to 550 at 100/200 and got flatted to my left and by the only idiot at the table in the BB.  By this time the guy to my left had around 90k after hitting set over set twice and people not being able to fold.  Flop came down   , BB leads into me so I thought this was a perfect spot to build a big pot ashe had led out with weak aces and flush draws previously in the day.  He led for 1250 so I pumped to 3325 to try to isloate this guy and play from there.  Sadly the dude to my left flatted which I thought was very strange.  I was expecting either a re re raise or a fold.  The BB makes up and the 3 of us see the turn with over 12k in the middle.  Turn is the   which I really couldnt see helping anyone and the BB leads for 5k, around 40% of the pot.  This confused me a bit so I decided to peel in postion and then the guy to my left shoves the lot.  BB calls after thinking leaving 5k behind and im forced to fold.  BB flips 77 for the set and other guy flips   for the gutshot straight flush which got there.

So im now down to around 14k out of my 30k stack and feeling a tad pissed off.  Thankfully the break came so I get myself together a bit.  After the break seat 9 raised again and I flat on the button with JJ and we managed to get it in on a   three diamonds board with him tabling AK, King pops on the turn to make me sweat but after the blank on the river im scopping almost back to ym starting stack.

I then went on a really cold session, nothing playable, people three betting pre constantly, especially out o the BB and without me seeing anything im peeling occasionally with SC and not getting anywhere.  After 3 hours of this im down to around 9k and getting quite down, im keep trying to grind it out thinking something will come along and it did but boy did I play it badly.  Seat 9 raises, a new, very tight Spanish lad flats in seat 1 and I flat on the button with JJ, three of us see the flop of   .  Seat 9 checks and after continuation betting about 90% of the time, seat 1 fires out a 2/3 of the pot bet and I flat for some stupid reason expecting a re pump from the OR.  Sadly OR folds and we see   come on the turn which is gonna kill all my action.  I get checked to and so I fire a very weak 1/3 of the pot and around 40% of my stack in the middle which duly gets flatted, blak on the turn I shove after being checked to and he flips 33 and says I cant call.  Why I didnt raise the flop I dont know!!

Anyway the hand puts me up to around 16k again and im feeling a bit better, I then pick up 3k more with two raises and coninutation bets that get through and then comes my exit hand.  Im starting to feel good and find AA UTG.  Ive had them twice before today, both UTG and got no action.  I raise to 900 at 150/300/25 and pick up 4 callers.  Praying for a safe board I get one im fairly happy with in     and fire out a bet of 2/3 out the pot (2375) and then get raised by UTG +2 to 5725.  Everyone folds round to me and I ummmm and are a bit as he has been quite a tight player and decide this is my spot really to double up and get back in the tourney properly.  I raise leaving myself 300 behind, so another 12k or so and think for eternity before calling with   three diamonds and obviously hits on the turn.  I couldnt fin myself to fold for the 300 remianing and im prety gutted as I felt that one hand would have been perfect to leave me on a high after quite a brutal day at the tables.

Afterwards I went for a wonder in the Rio and had a quick look in the shops and ended up bying some fantastic poker art work from a guy called Michal Goddard, you guys should google him and look at some of the stuff.  Im not relly an arty person by this stuff is awesome.  Prob gonna be a quiet week for me now with a few comps dotted here and there at the Venetian before the main event at Ceasers.

Cracking read, this whole topic and shows what you can learn in the game, life and how to take some beats with class.

GL for the rest of your trip!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2009, 10:47:56 PM »

Ha i collect Goddard Rio gallery is a joke but he has his own one in the miracle mile at PH, guy is the nuts does loads of cool stuff hardly any of it poker though!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: