blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:39:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Opening Raise size
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Opening Raise size  (Read 6972 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2009, 06:53:18 PM »

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
LOJ

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2009, 07:00:38 PM »

PMSL
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2009, 07:01:38 PM »

thank fk for that, was so tilted.

Autobetkev

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2009, 07:12:47 PM »

thank fk for that, was so tilted.

Lol...

How can you soar like an eagle if you surround yourself with turkeys?
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2009, 07:27:45 PM »

I just want to re-quote in case he missed it

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2009, 08:04:56 PM »

I am not sure what was more tilting, the caps or the substance of the sentences. The snap read of QQ was my fav part.

Ironside m8, the hand doesn't end pre, he is going to be oop with a bad hand against an unknown hand and will put chips in bad, a lot.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2009, 09:38:20 PM »

class
dousche

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2009, 11:09:23 PM »

i wish i could remember the context of the hand better, there must be a reason i didnt 3-bet you - had i 3-bet you in a similar spot recently? seeing the hand in a vacuum id go 14k every time, especially if ur in 4th position (which i think you are cos i think i remember thinking about the guy limping really early with  three clubs). 14k should do as good a job as you need to isolate, as long as you go 14k with all your hands.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2009, 11:48:08 PM »

Is Barry Neville multi-accounting?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2009, 01:56:17 AM »

I am not sure what was more tilting, the caps or the substance of the sentences. The snap read of QQ was my fav part.

Ironside m8, the hand doesn't end pre, he is going to be oop with a bad hand against an unknown hand and will put chips in bad, a lot.

surely thats a reason to make it a bet that wont be called

if he gets this HU he will be in postion but by making this so cheap (compared to the pot) you enourage players in LP in with suited connector and small pairs putting you in a horrible postion unless you flop a monster

think i need to put more thought into this

lets say the terrible player hadnt entered the pot in fact it was an ophaned pot would be to a total of around the 15-18k mark what would be your standard raise?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2009, 02:55:29 AM »

surely thats a reason to make it a bet that wont be called

if he gets this HU he will be in postion but by making this so cheap (compared to the pot) you enourage players in LP in with suited connector and small pairs putting you in a horrible postion unless you flop a monster

think i need to put more thought into this

lets say the terrible player hadnt entered the pot in fact it was an ophaned pot would be to a total of around the 15-18k mark what would be your standard raise?

9-10k

People can try calling me with SC's and see what happens, lol

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2009, 10:57:33 AM »

Okay so who's hijacked Iron's keyboard ?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
vinni

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2009, 01:47:12 PM »

Is Barry Neville multi-accounting?

ffs sussed me .

i`v become cos`s bitch
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2009, 02:25:41 AM »

ok i try to bet the same amount every time which is normally around the pot

i have 3 reasons to bet/raise

1) build the pot when i have a big hand
2) bluff
3) buy the pot when i have a maringal hand a bet that can get better hands and other marginal hands to fold but if you get reraise you know your in trouble and can get away (some people call it an information bet but  i prefer it a raise to take the pot bet)

i cant see the betting amount here fitting any of the catogroies apart from maybe the first  but the Aj doesnt meet the big hand  cat. pus i dont want to let people get a read off me by changing my bets dependant on what i want them to do

1.5x the big blind bet will get you called by better and worse hands and encourage people in better postion with marginal hands into the pot aswell leaving you with a marginal hand in a big pot oop.

i am willing to learn here so if someone can explain to me why we are encouraging all the action then i am willing to listen

i see this sort of bet alot and then people going crazy when there hand gets out flopped (which i know the people posting in this thread dont do) but the amount of people that spit feathers when they get called pre by JTs or 9Ts then find them selfs losing all there chips when they hit a flop when someone who wouldnt of been in with a decent preflop bet flops a monster or monster draw

obviously i am not saying the people that think 14k is the correct size here is wrong (there results are much better than mine) i am just needing a little info on why weak betting is now the new agressive bet

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2009, 02:55:44 AM »

Ironside, blinds are 2k/4k and a terrible fish has limped and we have AJsooooooted, its a big hand.

We are in position and are always making it around 14k here, or should be.

Why? Because the limpers tez and in the longrun we're going to make so much more playing it like this vs him.

Obviously if you get 3 bet, or someone calls, you have a different decision. But whats likely to happen most of the time is it'l be folded back to the limper who will either fold but more than likely call.
Then we have the 'fish' in the pot OOP, who has a very marginal hand most of the time(in this case 83c) and we are more than likely to win the pot on the flop or later in the hand.

If you always make it 14k here with whatever hand your entering the pot with, its always just going to be so much more profitable.

To some people making it 14k here, looks very strong. For example the guy behind who flatted the button was it? Becasue he thought this guy had QQ. If you always make it the same amount, people are never going to get a read on what range of hands you are doing this with.

Also by always making it 14k with whatever your entering the pot with rather than betting pot like you said, if you have to raise/fold, your going to be saving money/chips.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 03:39:02 AM by ChipRich » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: