blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:04:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272575 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 ... 98 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Girgy85's Tales of a Taxi Driver.  (Read 191159 times)
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: March 10, 2011, 07:24:28 PM »

Girgy is it true that tesco,morrisons and asda petrol is lower quality then shell and esso?

All my boy racer mates only top up at shell where as I don't give a fuck

Just me
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: March 10, 2011, 07:37:42 PM »

Girgy is it true that tesco,morrisons and asda petrol is lower quality then shell and esso?

I dunno mate I'm guessing it's cheap for a reason!! I pretty much always fill up at shell as it's one of the cheapest also I got a pointscard for free fuel Wink

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: March 11, 2011, 03:29:27 AM »

It's all the same stuff. There's a wholesale market in all the oil products, just as there is in crude oil, so Shell will happily buy cargoes from BP of 95 or 98-octane gasoline that was produced by a refinery owned by ExxonMobil or Total. Obviously the supermarkets don't have oil refineries anyway, so they just buy on the market from other companies in the same way. I guess there can be a small difference at Shell when they eventually stick some additive in it to make it 'Optimax' or whatever, but in terms of the basic product there's no difference. It's usually a bit cheaper at the supermarkets only because it gets people into their shops, so they have more opportunity to make extra sales of other stuff.
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: March 11, 2011, 07:57:51 AM »

What drinks are you having in the day? ai hope your on water now and not lucozade sport
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: March 11, 2011, 08:39:01 AM »

Petrol sobbery? - I always buy from Supermarkets as it is always cheaper...as my company doesn't give enough back in expensives to even cover that!!

Same as supermarket food brands, always cheaper but basically the same stuff as a rule of thumb. 

Carpe Diem
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: March 11, 2011, 09:59:17 AM »

I think ASDA have a blanket UK price on fuel, whereas other supermarkets just do it a couple of pence cheaper than whats around them.

So, if you live near an ASDA you get cheaper fuel, even if you don't use ASDA themselves, as the others are forced to compete.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: March 11, 2011, 11:10:39 AM »

Supermarket price flex each store could be a different price dependant on location

Just me
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: March 11, 2011, 03:16:03 PM »

4th gym session in as many days....

Training...

Treadmill - 40 Minutes - 491 Calories - 3.48km. Started off with some speed interval but 10 minutes in felt my left leg giving me a little bit of a problem. Walked uphill for 5 minutes then got back into the speed interval and the leg felt ok. Finished off with another 5 minutes uphill and a 5 minute warm down.

Today's meals...

Breakfast - Meal replacement shake, Banana.
Lunch - 12" Chicken temptation sub with cheese, lettuce and red onion.

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: March 11, 2011, 03:23:00 PM »

Good stuff goygles. I've heard subway is ridic bad inspite not looking it - anyone know?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 11, 2011, 03:26:20 PM »

I broke my left leg when i was about 19. Was football training and a ball popped up at a nice height to challenge my mate for a header. We both jumped for the ball and he won the challenge sigh Sad and knocked me off ballance. About 20st landed on my left leg and i snapped my fibia. I now have a metal plate holding my fibia together and a 6" scare to prove it.

My leg swells badly at times so i do well that it doesnt cause me too much problems with my running.

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 11, 2011, 03:28:04 PM »

Good stuff goygles. I've heard subway is ridic bad inspite not looking it - anyone know?

Spent dinner with my dad who had Fish and Chips which is what id usually have so a sanger>>>>fish and chips imo!

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 11, 2011, 03:30:03 PM »

Spent dinner with my dad who had Fish and Chips which is what id usually have so a sanger>>>>fish and chips imo!

Not knocking you mate - occasionally I'll have a subway a few hours before a gym session if I'm tight for time and just heard it was real bad.

v good start!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: March 11, 2011, 03:36:27 PM »

Subway is only as bad as you make it imo

If you have Chicken Breast and some salad it's good enough, if you steam into one of the nice ones like a Meatball Marinara you're smashing home about 2x as many cals Cheesy

Obv Meatball >>>>>>>>>>> Chicken so I just stay away as to avoid temptation.....

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 11, 2011, 03:37:59 PM »

If you have Chicken Breast and some salad it's good enough, if you steam into one of the nice ones like a Meatball Marinara you're smashing home about 2x as many cals Cheesy

Obv Meatball >>>>>>>>>>> Chicken so I just stay away as to avoid temptation.....

Dont like the meatballs so im good there!

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: March 11, 2011, 04:00:00 PM »

Dont like the meatballs so im good there!
Meatball Mariana is the only reason to go to Subway imo.

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 ... 98 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: