blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:52:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Evilpie's get off your lazy arse and get back to the gym diaries
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 146 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Evilpie's get off your lazy arse and get back to the gym diaries  (Read 262721 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #480 on: January 18, 2011, 06:38:03 PM »

Off to a cracking start this year with the 2 lads I'm training with, the main lad's younger brother started coming just before xmas and has already missed one session the 2nd week because he was off with his mates somewhere and forgot the time.

The main guy I've been training with since last year, has now missed his 2nd session in as many weeks with a piss poor excuse. I always know it's coming too because my 7pm from yours text doesn't get replied to for about 4 hours and then around 5pm I'll get a 'I've got to go now, something has come up'.

I ask why, his new gf is going out and he's staying at hers so has to be there before she goes out or he has nowhere to sleep. Obv bullshit so I ask if he's ever heard of those things called keys that are good at opening doors when other people aren't there and if he asks nicely she'll probably give him one. He responds that she won't so I said ok gl, might see you thursday as long as you training is convenient to her...

Might just try to find a new partner as I always go at his convenience Mon/Fri when I'm not working and then anytime he wants after I finish work Tue/Thur. It wouldn't annoy me as much if it wasn't such bullshit excuses all the time, or ignoring his phone until it's time to send the fob off

lol @ your mate. She won't give him a key, makes me think she's not too happy having him in the house whilst she's out to begin with. Either he's rushing things and needs to take it easy a bit or he's heading to dumpsville. Or how's about he goes to the gym and stays there until she comes home (still weird though)

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #481 on: January 18, 2011, 07:59:25 PM »

Bopkin for mod.

and ofc you have to play Grand Prix mr UFC wrestler you I will be there!!! Smiley

Yeah probably will play it mate.

Got to play Friday though because of a friend's party on the Saturday.

Which day are you playing?

ah sighaments i've changed to day 1b so I can drive my mates up on Friday after they finish something called work. no idea what they are on about but w/e

[  ] am sure you'll still be in and around on sunday to say haro to!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 18, 2011, 09:01:24 PM »

lol @ your mate. She won't give him a key, makes me think she's not too happy having him in the house whilst she's out to begin with. Either he's rushing things and needs to take it easy a bit or he's heading to dumpsville. Or how's about he goes to the gym and stays there until she comes home (still weird though)

Think that the actual reason is he's full of shit and she's prob asked him to cook dinner. That was the reason he skipped out last week. Not even a text then just waited until I was outside his house and sent his brother out to say he wasn't training Cheesy

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #483 on: January 19, 2011, 07:29:53 AM »

Think that the actual reason is he's full of shit and she's prob asked him to cook dinner. That was the reason he skipped out last week. Not even a text then just waited until I was outside his house and sent his brother out to say he wasn't training Cheesy

lol, just never ask him to go with you again. Messes up the whole routine and makes it easier for yourself to cancel.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 19, 2011, 12:00:30 PM »

lol, just never ask him to go with you again. Messes up the whole routine and makes it easier for yourself to cancel.

We've been going for a good few months and I'm a lot more laid back now than I was a few years ago. I'll see how things pan out over the next month or so, if he keeps being a melt then I'll jog him on and just go alone.

I never miss a session even when he slacks and just go on my own. I did it last night although with my legs not being too clever anyway, that probably wasn't the smartest thing. I was in a bit of a state come the end and had to sit in the foyer for a while before I could walk the 100yards back to the car safely lol

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 19, 2011, 12:36:19 PM »

No apprentice of mine would slag off Bopkin and Pie.

Is that what he was trying to do? 

Aw bless him. A very noble attempt I must admit.

Go back to trying to avoid the fit girls at the gym, because you don't like them to see you bald head get sweaty. You wet blanket.

Your efforts thus far have been commendable young man.

Unfortunately you now seem to be lowering yourself to childish insults and I don't understand why?

Have you ran out of intelligent things to say?

GFY.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 19, 2011, 01:01:48 PM »

Go back to trying to avoid the fit girls at the gym, because you don't like them to see you bald head get sweaty. You wet blanket.

Unfortunately you now seem to be lowering yourself to childish insults and I don't understand why?

GFY.

You've had 21 hours.

Is that really the best you could come up with?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 19, 2011, 01:09:56 PM »

GFY quietly.

fmp

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #488 on: January 19, 2011, 05:43:20 PM »

After reading the advice you guys gimme and pretty much sticking to it, plus my mates advice from gym, managed to put on half a stone in last week - ship.. Also just been sent a shipment from a nutrition company with the wrong invoice and double the amount of protein i paid for - another ship
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 19, 2011, 07:11:40 PM »

ok, this has been bugging me, can someone explain in simple words please, I'm probs missing something really basic. I'm struggling to see how doing 4 sessions a week each focusing on different muscle groups can be anywhere close to optimal. surely working each muscle only once a week is too low?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 19, 2011, 07:20:44 PM »

ok, this has been bugging me, can someone explain in simple words please, I'm probs missing something really basic. I'm struggling to see how doing 4 sessions a week each focusing on different muscle groups can be anywhere close to optimal. surely working each muscle only once a week is too low?

The most basic answer is that muscles grow when you are resting not while you are training.

You train and you tear muscles. You rest and they repair and get a bit bigger to cope with what they think might happen again some time soon.

By training too often you don't give the muscles a chance to recover so they don't get a chance to grow.

If you're training to be Mr. Olympia then yes you'd train more often but you'd also eat a lot more and rest a lot more to compensate.

The biggest mistake people make in weight training to build muscle is over training.

They spend hours in the gym every night pumping as much iron as they can find and wonder why they don't grow. It's because they aren't giving the muscles a chance to recuperate.

Is that what you were after?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 19, 2011, 07:24:25 PM »

nope. I know how muscles work, tear and repair

can't see that once a week is anywhere close to optimal though. muscles do not take a week to repair after a training session

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 19, 2011, 07:43:46 PM »

nope. I know how muscles work, tear and repair

can't see that once a week is anywhere close to optimal though. muscles do not take a week to repair after a training session

Don't know the science behind it.

I know that it's tried and tested though and recommended by all but the elite body builders.

I guess a lot of it is to do with how hard you train. When I was training properly a single session would completely fuck up one body part. Usually to the point of not being able to do anything with it for the rest of the night, often to the point of being cramped and unable to move it, occasionally to the point of being physically sick.

If you train that hard you can't physically do anything else. It's just not possible. It'd be like asking someone to run 2 marathons in a day.

When you can only physically cope with training one bodypart per day it becomes a matter of time as to how regularly you can train that bodypart. You have 5 major muscle groups which equates to 5 days on and 2 days off.

Unless you're not training particularly hard it's just not possible to fit more in. The way I train at the moment I could happily do 2 body parts in a single session because I'm not training very hard. That will change though.

Elite body builders will train twice in a day thus being able to train each body part twice in a week or more. They will train at 7 in the morning then eat and sleep before training again in the afternoon. Then they eat more and sleep more. They do it as a job though so they have the time.

I suppose the answer to your question is that it isn't optimal with a primary goal of muscle building but it is optimal for someone who tries to lead a normal life alongside it.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #493 on: January 19, 2011, 09:49:47 PM »

Some people do run two marathons a day, but we get your point.

Another question Matt, when you were training seriously weren't you also doing lots of other training too - aside from weights in the gym? Did that not also contribute to how fit you were?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #494 on: January 19, 2011, 11:33:22 PM »

Should your eating be the same on rest days as it is on the days when you're training?

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 146 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: