blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:27:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Evilpie's get off your lazy arse and get back to the gym diaries
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 146 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Evilpie's get off your lazy arse and get back to the gym diaries  (Read 263017 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: January 20, 2011, 12:34:55 AM »

Should your eating be the same on rest days as it is on the days when you're training?

Yeah basically you should keep things pretty much the same every day whether tranining or not. 

The basics are running at a calorie deficit if you're trying to lose weight and running at a surplus if you wish to bulk up. If you're bulking then personally I'd probably eat exactly the same on rest days to keep the calories up.

Being fat like I am that's never likely to be something I'll need to do, therefore I leave a couple bits out on rest days while trying to keep the protein at the same level.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 21, 2011, 01:07:24 AM »

Little training update.

Been struggling with a cold since the weekend but can't use it as an excuse with the prop.

I couldn't handle Monday and Tuesday but trained Wednesday afternoon and Thursday night.

The cold is clearing up now to the point where I can breathe through my nose again which really helps at the gym.

Going to get a session in tomorrow and Saturday and hopefully be on it fully fit next week.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 21, 2011, 01:50:13 AM »

Lets be friends? I'll give you hints on how to pull birds and you can do a basic food diet for me?

Breakfast (9.00-10.00) I have choice of any cereal you can imagine, lots of fruits, yogurts, bread, water, flavoured water, orange juice, cranberyy, pineapple etc etc

For lunch  (1.30-3.00_I have the above and some kind of meal that are made for us, Spag Bol, Lasagne etc, I can ofc take things into work so if theres anything you suggest then thats fine too.

I can eat snacks throughout the day.

Tea (8-10pm) I know the time isn't idea, I can buy anything from supermarket. I've had steak for the last 13 nights lol, I don't mind carrying on if this is fine by you.

I'm not looking for a huge change in diet, but just a little prod in the right direction. I know I'm eating too small, so guessing you're going to tell me to have more meals.

I am a footballer and play 3/4 times a week. I don't want to get huge like UFC fighter or anything, just toned/bulked up on the upper body.

Thanks
P.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 21, 2011, 09:49:59 AM »

Lots of good meals regularly pads but its hard to say specifically when you haven't said how u play to bulk your upper body

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 21, 2011, 02:52:26 PM »

I'll give you hints on how to pull birds and you can do a basic food diet for me?

Oh my God!!! How could I refuse such an amazing offer. Maybe with your help I could one day get a girl to like me.......

The food thing's difficult mate. Really need to know what your excercise regime is before you start looking at diet.

You say you want to bulk up and tone your upper body. Are you hoping to do this purely through diet and your football?

I can't see it happening without hitting the gym for a bit of something.

There is of course the possibility that your upper body will naturally grow a bit more in the next few years. You're only a young pup so you may have a bit more growing to do. It's not going to be a lot though so if you want to get a bit bigger you need to do some weights.

So what's my first hint on how to pull birds? I might even go out tonight and put it in to practice......

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 21, 2011, 11:18:21 PM »

Managed training after work today so that's 3 of my 4 sessions sorted. I did a shoulders session and felt pretty good. I think I'm past the worst of the cold now.

The gym seems very busy if I train after work but it's a good time to train as far as fitting it in goes.

I'm still hoping to get on the early mornings but at the moment it's just not happening.

An option I suppose is to start and finish work a bit earlier and train about 3 o'clock. Ths would miss the rush which would be nice.

Will have to see how it goes over the next few weeks and hopefully at some point get in to a good routine.

At the moment the motivation of losing a bag to Cos is making me go no matter what time so the routine isn't essential.

No doubt I'll get sorted at some point and then the training will improve as a result.

Off out now to walk the hound before bed time.

Early start tomorrow for work, a friend's party in the afternoon and then training in the evening. Should be a fun weekend.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 22, 2011, 02:48:53 PM »

Yeah I normally go as much before 5 as possible on Mondays as I work nights, we got in there at 530 one week and it was a complete joke if you intended doing any exercises. Tues/Thurs it's normally quiet at about 730 after I finish work and Friday is normally pretty dead anytime apart from the younger lads doing 'weekend arms' Cheesy

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 22, 2011, 02:57:53 PM »

Friday is normally pretty dead anytime apart from the younger lads doing 'weekend arms' Cheesy
Ha ha
That sums up most of the nippers that go to the gym I do.
there's one in particular. Gets a 20k dunmbell, does about 5 sets of 20 lifts. each lift consist of it moving about 2 inches!! most frustrating thing is he uses the bench as a stand for it and takes forever!!!
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 22, 2011, 03:47:24 PM »

Friday is normally pretty dead anytime apart from the younger lads doing 'weekend arms' Cheesy
Ha ha
there's one in particular. Gets a 20k dunmbell, does about 5 sets of 20 lifts. each lift consist of it moving about 2 inches!! most frustrating thing is he uses the bench as a stand for it and takes forever!!!

Just tell him to fk off. lol

@GreekStein on twitter.

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 22, 2011, 04:00:24 PM »

Ha ha

i had to have a word with some skinny guy the other day, he was on the chest press machine and was trying to shift about twice as much weight as i've seen the big lads do at my gym, he was moving it about an inch back and forward and looking like his eyes were going to pop out of his head. I explained it to him and he nodded etc and downgraded the wieght to something he could do a proper press with, 3 days later i walk back in and he's doing the same thing!!!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 22, 2011, 04:08:12 PM »

ROFL there's a kid who's just started training at our gym and he's prob early/mid 20s. The first day anyone saw him 2 lads I know said he was asking if they knew where to get juice lol. He's absolutely clueless, just flits from machine to machine with no structure.

He was benching on the smith machine last week and bringing the bar down a few inches, then struggling to get it back up. We're waiting because we want to use it for squats and in the whole time he's not done 1 rep and jumps up tells us it's all about squeezing the last rep out before bounding off to do some lat pulldowns.

To end his session he gets some arm curls going with and the dumbells are as you say far too heavy so no movement beyond the first 6 inches. It wouldn't be so annoying if he wasn't the noisiest person in the whole building!!

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 22, 2011, 04:52:39 PM »

Yeah I've seen it all with the gym annoyances.

The one that winds me up the most is the people who insist on dropping dumbells from the highest point possible to make the loudest noise possible.

A little tip for anybody who does this. If you can't put it down, don't pick it up.

It's surprising how much core strength you can build from that last little bit putting the weights down slowly and properly. It was a tip I got from one of the old school gym guys. Just think of all the extra reps you're doing without even realising it.

Anyway, I've just got home from my 4th and final session of the week. I can't deny it's been a tough week with not feeling too good but I feel good for doing it.

The cold's pretty much cleared now so hopefully next week will be a good one and possibly my first 5 dayer.

I can feel the strength slowly coming back in to me. Today's back session was pretty good lifting more than last week on everything.

I can't wait 'til I can start benching 100+kg again. That may be a  little while but it will happen soon enough.

This prop bet has certainly worked wonders for me. Anybody who needs the motivation to train I'd highly recommend putting up a grand against someone. Just wanting to train clearly hasn't been enough for me but this has done the trick just nicely.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #507 on: January 22, 2011, 04:56:31 PM »

Yeah I've seen it all with the gym annoyances.

The one that winds me up the most is the people who insist on dropping dumbells from the highest point possible to make the loudest noise possible.

A little tip for anybody who does this. If you can't put it down, don't pick it up.

this is the main one for me, this really gets me. that and the little Rambos who lift tonnes of weight with their back when they think they are doing arms.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 22, 2011, 05:58:01 PM »

ROFL there's a kid who's just started training at our gym and he's prob early/mid 20s. The first day anyone saw him 2 lads I know said he was asking if they knew where to get juice lol. He's absolutely clueless, just flits from machine to machine with no structure.

He was benching on the smith machine last week and bringing the bar down a few inches, then struggling to get it back up. We're waiting because we want to use it for squats and in the whole time he's not done 1 rep and jumps up tells us it's all about squeezing the last rep out before bounding off to do some lat pulldowns.

To end his session he gets some arm curls going with and the dumbells are as you say far too heavy so no movement beyond the first 6 inches. It wouldn't be so annoying if he wasn't the noisiest person in the whole building!!

Smiley
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 22, 2011, 06:29:19 PM »

I don't think there's anything wrong with using your back a little bit if you're trying to get the last few reps out on arms.

The dropping weights thing doesn't bother me hugely, occasionally I do it but I think most people do in my gym. Never thought about it from the adding another rep/core strength side of things so I'll try moving forward to not drop em.

Just done my 3rd session of the week. Number 4 tomorrow.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 146 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: