blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:03:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Evilpie's get off your lazy arse and get back to the gym diaries
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 ... 146 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Evilpie's get off your lazy arse and get back to the gym diaries  (Read 263117 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #525 on: January 24, 2011, 08:58:08 AM »

I wonder how many others are wasting their lives away in such a manner......

too damn many, including myself. Good thing I'm going on holiday soon so have some pressure on and can only allow myself an hour or so on blonde in the morning

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #526 on: January 24, 2011, 09:19:47 AM »

If anyone catches me playing online poker at any point when I have something better to do I will send them £1000.

How will we know when you have something better to do?

The older I get, the better I was.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #527 on: January 24, 2011, 10:02:22 AM »

If anyone catches me playing online poker at any point when I have something better to do I will send them £1000.

good point, I suggest he pays us all 1k if he hasn't replied to that question within the next hour

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 24, 2011, 01:38:14 PM »

i'm joining you. no blonde in work hours fom now.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 24, 2011, 04:26:22 PM »

Fascinating timing on your post mate

I had EXACTLY the same feeling about the time i spent on blonde (and doing other random computer shit). I asked tighty to ban me for a week (which he did without protest - sigh).

So last tuesday through to today I was blondeless. I made me realise several things

1. I spent WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to much time on here for my on good
2. I was in an "automated click blonde mode". I know this cause i kept doing it, only to get told GTFO - your banned - which was a good reminder!
3. Knowing what cos is thinking 24 hours a day doesnt matter - and can wait till monday
4. i dont take that much from blonde on a daily basis
5. Id miss it if it wasnt here - alot

so, the above just shows that blonde is great, but like most things in life - its all about moderation

I will be trying to limit my time on here vastly in the next few months to really concentrate on my business - but will def be around

As for the online pokerz - no way i can stop that - but again going to play less (you can get in the habit of cashing out btw - you just need to cash out more than you put in thou )

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 24, 2011, 06:37:59 PM »

Generally speaking there is always something better to do even if it's watching TV.

What I mean is that I don't want to play poker just for the sake of it and deliberately trying not to find something else to do.

If there's a poker comp that I specifically want to play such as tonight's vegas qualifier or a blonde league that's fine.

This is why I said I'll say on here if I'm going to play something. If it's planned in advance generally it would be worth playing.

If it's just depositting a few hundred quid to pass a few hours I'm pretty certain I could find something more productive.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 24, 2011, 06:41:18 PM »

Fascinating timing on your post mate

I had EXACTLY the same feeling about the time i spent on blonde (and doing other random computer shit). I asked tighty to ban me for a week (which he did without protest - sigh).

So last tuesday through to today I was blondeless. I made me realise several things

1. I spent WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to much time on here for my on good
2. I was in an "automated click blonde mode". I know this cause i kept doing it, only to get told GTFO - your banned - which was a good reminder!
3. Knowing what cos is thinking 24 hours a day doesnt matter - and can wait till monday
4. i dont take that much from blonde on a daily basis
5. Id miss it if it wasnt here - alot

so, the above just shows that blonde is great, but like most things in life - its all about moderation

I will be trying to limit my time on here vastly in the next few months to really concentrate on my business - but will def be around

As for the online pokerz - no way i can stop that - but again going to play less (you can get in the habit of cashing out btw - you just need to cash out more than you put in thou )

Ah yes the 'automated click blonde mode'.

I know only too well what you mean. On my home pc it's even my home page!!

Switch on, open firefox and it's there!!

I even find myself whilst at work just logging in 5 minutes after I've logged out just because.... I have no idea why. As Guy says it's automated.

I think Amatay sums it up pretty well in his blog.

IT'S GAY!!!!!

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 24, 2011, 06:47:12 PM »

So the training.......

We're now in to week 4 and I feel as though I'm in a bit of a training routine.

I know which days I have to go but I don't necessarily have set times. I just have to fit in around work which is usually at 4.30 when it's packed.

If I can get more efficient at work I can leave early and train at 3 though so that's going to be my target alongside my quitting blonde during office hours.

I've done a good chest session today. I was a bit restricted because of how busy it was but I managed to hog the smith machine and get some good stuff done.

The strength is slowly coming back and I managed to get up to 60kg for an incline. Not sure the equivalent on a free bar but I was happy enough anyway.

So it's legs day tomorrow then rest day Wednesday. I'm aiming for the 3 o'clock start assuming I can get everything done at work. Shouldn't be a problem at all if I stay off blonde completely.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 24, 2011, 08:07:09 PM »

I've just changed my routine to a 3x 5 heavier lifting as I wasn't gaining much from the 2x8 then to failure on 3rd set.

Instead of Bench

30x8
50x8
75x to failure

I did

50x5
60x5
75x5r

This should also help gain strength I was advised so hopefully some gains will be made over the next month or so. I'm gonna cut legs short tomorrow as they've still not recovered fully from last week. Just gonna do some Squats and Stiff legged Deadlifts on the Smith (if that's alright with Byron)  Wink

Got an annual review with my neuro on Wednesday too so don't want to be walking any more like John Wayne than I already to when I see him and his team  Cheesy

Did you change your routines before when you were training properly Matt in ways like this or always run the same thing throughout your training?

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 24, 2011, 09:06:07 PM »

Yeah used to mix things up a lot.

Drop sets, tri sets, negative reps as well as changing excercises regularly.

We had a core set of excercises but would mix up all the supporting excercises.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 27, 2011, 01:44:24 PM »

My working week is Monday to Friday, 8am to 4.30pm.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 27, 2011, 07:12:46 PM »

My working week is Monday to Friday, 8am to 4.30pm.

Well that's what I get paid for anyway Wink

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 27, 2011, 08:55:34 PM »

Had a pretty good training day today. I did a good shoulder session then it will be back tomorrow.

Everything's getting a bit stronger every week so hopefully I can start doing some real weight soon.

I'm working more towards failure now on every single set so that's going to help out a lot in bringing the strength back.

I've tried to be sensible so far to make sure I don't injure myself but my recovery times are good again so it's time to push a bit harder.

I got a consignment of new protein and flapjack bars today which I'm pleased about. Although I try to eat properly it's nice to just be able to snack on something healthy that will help my training.

Occasionally I don't get to eat properly before training so it's good to have a quick easy meal replacement. The bars are perfectfor that.

I'm feeling really good about getting back in to this now.

The prop is helping with the motivation when it's difficult but I'm enjoying it and can't wait to start getting big again.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 29, 2011, 05:04:10 PM »

Another training week over and anther good one.

I've managed 5 sessions this week so I've trained arms for the first time this year.

It felt pretty good I have to say and I really enjoyed it.

I'm looking forward to next week already which is a very good sign.

I've been speaking to Cos about a few things and I think I'm ready to set myself a few goals.

One of my strongest excercises used to be the flat bench dumbell press so I'm going to set that as a target.

At my peak I was doing 50kg dumbells for 12 - 14 reps. I never went heavier went because they didn't have any.

So my target is going to be to hit the 50kg dumbells again.

This could take quite a while to achieve. Anyone who's ever pressed a dumbell will know that 50kg is bloody heavy and takes some doing.

Even picking them up is a chore and getting them in to position without any help is really tough.

I've not done any dumbell pressing yet so I'll start on Monday and I'll be noting how much i press every week.

I expect a very slow start around the 20kg mark and achieving 50kg could easily take until the end of the year.

The getting in to it phase is over. Real training starts now.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 29, 2011, 05:08:24 PM »

2 things that I really don't understand

1) why do people go to the gym and then spend an hour on the treadmill @ 4 km/h?
2) why do so many people wear as many clothes in the gym as I wear outside? there's a dude goes to my one who always has his leather jacket on, another guy in a puffer jacker and numerous people who do cardio in big hoodies with the hoods pulled up

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 ... 146 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: