blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:03:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 499486 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: March 01, 2018, 12:08:31 PM »

Every dog meeting off today which is disappointing as the biases are quite insane this time of year in this weather.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: March 01, 2018, 12:42:51 PM »

Just booked my tickets for the final on June 2nd. Good offer online at moment. £20 per Adult instead of £25 and kids go free but you also get admission to the semi final for free as well. Certainly worth booking now if anyone is thinking of going.

Yes cracking offer.  I went every round last year after the first round and it was free to get in apart from the final which was £20 which given the show they put on was cracking value compared to what you would get horse racing wise for £20.  The early bird value is great.  When does that offer expire?  Could make it a TFT social event if we planned it.  Good central location for everyone.  I run into Camel there last year at the semi finals randomly as he was on his way home from Ascot and stopped off.

https://towcester-racecourse.co.uk/greyhound-derby/

It does not actually give an end date that I can see. More the merrier.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: March 11, 2018, 07:10:13 AM »

Let's see if we can get the Derby winner this year.

First up for me is Bruisers Bullet @ 33/1, still available with a couple. Just won the Coral Olympic, Mark Wallis has said that the Derby is his target so only injury will keep him from it. Towcester is his home track. Solid, improving dog. Nice one to get the book started.

Will pop back over the months as I place more bets.

If you are interested in dog racing then WH have a site which will show quite a lot of it.

http://www.bettingshop.tv/shop/

Goodluck Bruisers.

Im adding last years winner Astute Missle at 100/1 coming back from injury but had a few nice trails. Have taken 25/1 on Bruisers after another sub 28 sec trail at Towcester.

Dorotas Wildcat run a decent 28.07 last night at 480 at Towcester. Can see it being less than 33/1 if it wins the final and also shorter by the time the Derby comes around so have added it to the team now.

Astute Missle ran last night as well but was involved in trouble at the first bend with another 4 dogs so couldn’t really gauge anything from the run.

Just as a recap so far:

Bruisers Bullet 33/1
Astute Missle 100/1
Dororas Wildcat 33/1

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: March 17, 2018, 01:26:21 PM »

Let's see if we can get the Derby winner this year.

First up for me is Bruisers Bullet @ 33/1, still available with a couple. Just won the Coral Olympic, Mark Wallis has said that the Derby is his target so only injury will keep him from it. Towcester is his home track. Solid, improving dog. Nice one to get the book started.

Will pop back over the months as I place more bets.

If you are interested in dog racing then WH have a site which will show quite a lot of it.

http://www.bettingshop.tv/shop/

Goodluck Bruisers.

Im adding last years winner Astute Missle at 100/1 coming back from injury but had a few nice trails. Have taken 25/1 on Bruisers after another sub 28 sec trail at Towcester.

Dorotas Wildcat run a decent 28.07 last night at 480 at Towcester. Can see it being less than 33/1 if it wins the final and also shorter by the time the Derby comes around so have added it to the team now.

Astute Missle ran last night as well but was involved in trouble at the first bend with another 4 dogs so couldn’t really gauge anything from the run.

Just as a recap so far:

Bruisers Bullet 33/1
Astute Missle 100/1
Dororas Wildcat 33/1

Gold Cup final on at Towcester tonight 9:53 - should be on Towcester TV. Dorotas is Fav, also running are King Turbo (not eligible for Derby), King Kid and King Elvis. Interested to see how King Kid does as I like the 100-1 Ante Post for the Derby. In fact I'm gonna add to the team now for 1/2 point each way @ 100/1 available in a few places.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: March 17, 2018, 06:05:13 PM »

Bruisers Bullet is running at 21:19 as well. Will be on Towcester Tv on YouTube if anyone’s interested.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: March 17, 2018, 10:52:13 PM »

Called off due to the weather.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: March 19, 2018, 10:38:34 PM »

No closer to any news on a new SkySports TV deal (or any other broadcast partner) with the Derby less than 2 months away.

http://greyhoundbet.racingpost.com/#news-story/story_id=2468204
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: March 20, 2018, 06:15:35 AM »

No closer to any news on a new SkySports TV deal (or any other broadcast partner) with the Derby less than 2 months away.

http://greyhoundbet.racingpost.com/#news-story/story_id=2468204

“So well done to Crayford on Saturday, which announced the abandonment of Saturday night’s card very early despite a likely big crowd and almost certain full restaurant already booked in.”

Feels like abit of a dig at Mick Livesly and Towcester who didn’t abandoned the Gold Cup Meeting until 2 hours after the start time at around 9pm. 

Although there does seem to be a split in opinion about the current set up I really can’t see a downside to having a main platform to promote the biggest races, think it’s a shame that there is no showcase every now and then.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: March 20, 2018, 10:39:20 AM »

Dave Clarke is right in the fact Sky dogs had too many 'garbage' productions throughout the year.  The types of once a year shows from Kinsley/Doncaster/most of the GRA tracks like Hall Green/Perry Barr/belle vue where the promotors put on one decent race, 7 £500 opens to fill the sky card because they have to contractually and the supporting non sky cards just just £50 graded affairs.  On these nights a lot of the 8 £500 sky races were nothing more than glorified a1 races from the track.

If they got rid of all that garbage and had say 15/20 nights a year with all the big races from Newcastle (All England cup nights), Sunderland (grand prix), Romford (essex vase, golden sprint etc) Crayford (golden jacket), towcester (derby heats/final,any other major they do in style), Monmore (puppy cup/gold cup), Hove (regency,belle,olympic) then the costs would fall, the quality of the product would go up and 'less is more' would surely drive the viewing figures as it would be seen more of a treat for greyhound fans rather than the almost weekly show it become.

Unsurprisingly these tracks are/were all bookmaker owned (towcester as the exception) and they fund it via the promotion their brands get on sky advertising around the track.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: March 20, 2018, 03:38:38 PM »

Gold Cup re arrang d for this co in Getting Saturday so will get to see a few Derby hopeful running.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: March 21, 2018, 04:57:21 PM »

http://www.gbgb.org.uk/resultsRace.aspx?id=2077202

Rising brandy just hosed up in the puppy cup at Monmore this afternoon and looks big at 66/1 if you can get it for the Derby later in the year.  Very very impressive run today in only its 3rd start.

https://www.oddschecker.com/greyhounds/ante-post/greyhound-derby/winner
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: March 21, 2018, 06:07:46 PM »

^^^

Ding-ding all aboard Smiley

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: March 24, 2018, 09:47:02 PM »

Just heard on Towcester TV that Paul Hennessy should be brining Priceless Brandy over for the Derby, if it does happen I can see it being a lot lower than the current 100/1 with Hills and Fred. Ran some decent early heats last year before finding trouble in round 3 and I think getting injured as well which kept it out of the Irish Derby. It’s from memory so the injury may have happened later. Anyway I’ve added it to the team.

Saw Arbs post as well and then got to see the race and managed to get the 66/1 on Ris8ng Brandy before it got cut as well.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: March 25, 2018, 03:22:27 PM »

https://youtu.be/0jvC9u2MliU

Impressive 27.92 but not allowed to run in the Derby due to having its card marked for attempting to bite another dog (not in this race)
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: April 01, 2018, 04:14:10 PM »

Watched the re runs of the Scottish Derby and really like Barefoot Painter at 14/1 with bfsb, seems like it has the best semi final and ran 29secs which was the fastest qualifying time. Hennessy has looks like he has it ready for this.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: