blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:38:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 499920 times)
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3405 on: June 02, 2018, 07:32:48 PM »

Top tipping Scotty. Oi Oi.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: June 02, 2018, 07:34:59 PM »

Hope you had a bit.
nuros

View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: June 02, 2018, 07:35:13 PM »

Oi Oi indeed good start guys!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: June 02, 2018, 08:07:54 PM »

Hope you had a bit.

Messing about with cooking dinner and watching golf clicked £3 @21 but it shortened and by the time I had adjusted down to 19 I was shut out 

That was for three in a row then got pipped in the next with Dave. Top tipping S2H.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: June 02, 2018, 08:13:51 PM »

Max wins well too. Lovely. Needing Bluebird for a lot.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: June 02, 2018, 09:12:25 PM »

Excellent run from the winner. Bruiser staying on again at the finish. Incredible scenes there at Towcester. It's been a great sweat, so thanks again guys.
nuros

View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: June 02, 2018, 10:18:28 PM »

And it continues! Ty Scotty, Omm and Arb.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: June 03, 2018, 01:37:28 AM »

Just got back.  Great night was had overall.  Wasn't as hot as last year and the place didn't seem as busy either as last year.  Didn't think the card was as good or deep as last year either.  On course bookmakers were betting to criminal BAGS style percentages most of the night in the mid 120s.  One of the five runner races was 125% on the off on the sponsors board.  I only had one cash bet all evening on course.  One of the local layers Flowers and Coulton wasn't standing tonight which made it much less competitive with only three firms offering numerous joints around the place.  They were obviously worried about the bloodbath last year getting bashed up and were miles under the machine on most favs all evening.  The front two were 3.4 each of two on the machine on the off and the firms returned 7/4 2/1 having never moved for the entire betting show.  Turnover in the ring seemed much lower than last year as a result. 

Positives were seeing Camel and meeting Jake his son for the first time with a huge smile on his face as he had his pocket money on the 6/1 poke i put up which just held on.  Future pro punter for sure.  Great to see his face when it won watching the race with them next to the finishing line as it just held on by a neck.

Met RobS from blonde for the first time who was with Martin Green (one for the old school Brighton poker boys).  Didnt see Omm even though i knew what he looked like from his twitter page.

Results were mixed for me with Verve finishing 2nd and i couldn't resist going in again on the off.  Wildcat broke and won like he should when he starts like that.  Was like watching a replay of last year's Plate final when he broke.  Was all over after 2 seconds.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: June 03, 2018, 07:50:22 AM »

Great night. Shame not to meet Arb and Camel, plenty of people there and with the 3kids you’re always weary of them wondering off and something happening so we pretty much stayed where we had plotted up since 4:30pm.

I had also been super organised and put all my bets on at best prices before hand, also from the previous week as the tote was minimum £2 and I knew the queues would be ridiculous. I got the kids to choose a dog in every race earlier in the day and if they won I would give them £5. Such a bad move, last week cost me £25 after winnings on the tote, this week cost me £60 as Oliver had 2 winners, Madison 4 and Mitchell 6 (Madison and Mitchell both choosing Wildcat). To make matters worse Mitchell had Ninja Penny so potentially would have won so much more on the tote. Anyway it meant we could pretty much stay as we were other than food and drink and the bouncy castle for the kids.

My phone also ran out which stopped me putting on the reverese forecast on Donation/Ninja Penny and the queue was 30 deep so I left it, think it paid £68. It was the only bet I tried putting on while at the track. Such a fail.

Anyway can’t complain. Obvs had the ew part of the ante post bets and Wildcat brought home some more money. Bruisers obvs just not good enough on the night as he had every chance from the break to the 1st bend. So pleased for Hutton particularly after his dogs being stolen a few weeks ago and one still missing, such karma to go and win the Derby like that. Verve connections must be abit gutted as their dog had done everything right up to last night, such fine margins. Couple with the few winn8ng bets over the course the last few weeks. Certainly can’t complain.

Anyway, knackered and off to work. Ill try and upload some pics at some point.

Let’s look out for the ante post market for next year. Probably get Verve at 33/1+, Would like to see Brinkleys Peot priced up as well and Rising Brandy should be back.

Thanks for all the kind posts. I don’t really have time nowadays to keep up with the dogs like I used to but will certainly pop back in everytime we have someth8ng worth saying. It’s been an absolute blast.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: June 03, 2018, 07:32:34 PM »

Poet out tomorrow over 500 at Notts which should be interesting.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: June 03, 2018, 08:32:45 PM »

Sky have him 20/1 for next year's derby. lol.
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3416 on: June 04, 2018, 07:33:16 AM »

I somehow missed all the activity in this thread and so didn’t even realise I had a 50/1 sweat running on Sat night. Finding an extra £200 in my account yesterday was still a nice surprise though for the place. Thanks! Smiley

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: June 04, 2018, 09:16:21 PM »

Peot hacks up at Notts.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: June 04, 2018, 09:18:16 PM »

Peot hacks up at Notts.

what was the time?
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: June 04, 2018, 09:29:16 PM »

Peot hacks up at Notts.

what was the time?

29:41
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: