blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:24:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 497594 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3495 on: July 19, 2018, 09:33:43 PM »

Jolly beat in the lucky last odds on.   Poet was impressive for how friendless it was on the machine.  Calico run a lovely staying on race after trouble early doors.  Total powerhouse.  Built for Hove over this distance.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: July 22, 2018, 08:10:26 PM »

Sunderland Finals are tonight and ive had a couple of bets with Hills again because of best prices coupled with the boost. Tough races and Hills have Queen Anna at 9/4 and Bombers at 3/1 and will let us boost the double again so ive had 4 pts win. Ive also had 2 pts win on each as singles. I think Anna starts a lot shorter, Bomber possibly not but I think the boosted price makes it worth it and its still with best odds gte although I wouldn't expect him to be bigger than 3/1.

Later on Turbo lines up aganst Elvis and 5/2 was avaliable earlier in the week for Elvis whivh has now come in abit, however sb and laddies havwe Turbo at 13/8, i like the fact he is away from Elvis and Bluebird in t1 with t2 being slightly slower starter im thinking he could get the room to have a flyer with Elvis and BB doing some initial battle and Turbo getting the slip. Ive had 4 pts win on Turbo.

It will certainly be some good racing, hopefully the track is better than last week. Tune in to RPGTV to enjoy the racing.

Anna totally missed the break and you can never win a sprint at this level doing that, I think bf was around 3.1 on the off.  Seems Elvis is fancied more than Turbo later, might be hobbsy putting him up as nb. Puppy race was abandoned due to T2 falling and running back across the track. Not great that it’s happened two weeks running.

Puppy race was re run this morning with only 3 runners after the others were withdrawn. Droopys Trapper dome the track record. Looks like it’s gonna be a real contender for next years Derby. 365 still have 40/1, I’ve had 6 pts ew.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: August 05, 2018, 07:31:54 AM »

Verve edged out Borna Gin in Dundalk last night, haven’t see the race yet but photo was extremely close. Verve confirmed as going to Irish Derby, be lucky to get 20/1 when they put him in the betting. Anything bigger and we are dancing in the streets.

20/1 for Verve for Irish Derby with 365 and Boyles, cant really see anyone going any bigger. A few Irish dog men seem to think he will like Shelbourne. Im happy to play at this price. 10 pts ew.

Bets so far for Irish Derby (With a view of going to Shelbourne for the final)

Droopy's Verve 20/1 10 pts ew 1-6 1/4

Clonbrien Hero  33/1 6 pts ew 1-6 1/4

https://youtu.be/bi3f5lwpF0U

This is Magical Logan winning on its Shelbourne debut, thought we would be lucky to get more than 20/1 after this display. Coral and boyles Have obliged with 25/1, added to the team.

Magical Logan 25/1 4pts ew 1-6  1/4

Saw a Derby trail for Slippy Cian on Twitter (as mentioned earlier) can’t copy it here as can’t find it on YouTube. Decent run. Have added it to the team 4pts ew @ 25/1.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: August 06, 2018, 03:03:20 PM »

Let's have a couple of stabs at Notts tonight:

7:52 - Alfies Prince the class of the field, went well in Derby, and as with the last few weeks has been supported early and I think is probably odds on across the board now. EP comes from the two Boomtown dogs in 3 and 4 in this race, with T5 also interesting early. Alfies Prince drops himself out from T6 and then heads to the rails, it's quite strange, and had it all his way last week when the race fell apart and he got a solo. I can't see him avoiding trouble this week and when he drops out he'll have to pass the entire field, including the two railers who should hold him up. Preference is for T3 Boomtown Frankel who is 1-1 with Prince in recent weeks. The key is obviously leading and being drawn inside the other two EP types is a huge advantage. Think he gets off the front and holds off a surging Prince by a length or two. 4/1 in a place or two, but 7/2 fine too. Obviously if Prince gets the gaps then he walks it.

8:37 - Can't have the favourite at the prices and think the value lies in T3 Newinn Tango who I think turns closer to the front than normal and looks to be strong-ish. 9/2 in a spot but the general 4/1 is good too.

9:40 - Jolly looks too short, first race on these shores. T1 Commerford looks to have best early in the race and drawn directly inside the fave. T1 to hold him to the bend and go round in front and is strong enough to win this off the front. Similarly to Alfies Prince it all goes tits up if T2 leads the pick. 5/1.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: August 06, 2018, 04:52:29 PM »

7:52 - Alfies Prince the class of the field, went well in Derby, and as with the last few weeks has been supported early and I think is probably odds on across the board now. EP comes from the two Boomtown dogs in 3 and 4 in this race, with T5 also interesting early. Alfies Prince drops himself out from T6 and then heads to the rails, it's quite strange, and had it all his way last week when the race fell apart and he got a solo. I can't see him avoiding trouble this week and when he drops out he'll have to pass the entire field, including the two railers who should hold him up. Preference is for T3 Boomtown Frankel who is 1-1 with Prince in recent weeks. The key is obviously leading and being drawn inside the other two EP types is a huge advantage. Think he gets off the front and holds off a surging Prince by a length or two. 4/1 in a place or two, but 7/2 fine too. Obviously if Prince gets the gaps then he walks it.

8:37 - Can't have the favourite at the prices and think the value lies in T3 Newinn Tango who I think turns closer to the front than normal and looks to be strong-ish. 9/2 in a spot but the general 4/1 is good too.

9:40 - Jolly looks too short, first race on these shores. T1 Commerford looks to have best early in the race and drawn directly inside the fave. T1 to hold him to the bend and go round in front and is strong enough to win this off the front. Similarly to Alfies Prince it all goes tits up if T2 leads the pick. 5/1.

Vegas 2019 treble. Gl us. Nice write up as usual.

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: August 06, 2018, 05:43:20 PM »

Cheers Scotty ...on for a few beans.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: August 06, 2018, 09:27:18 PM »

0/2

Two shorties beat so anyone reading into it might have made a few pennies laying.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: August 06, 2018, 09:37:15 PM »

carnage in the second race if you didn't see it.  Had no chance at the first bend.  Jolly was smashed into in the ring went off 8/11 and was equally smashed in the first bend chaos.

Good luck in the lucky last.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: August 06, 2018, 09:39:10 PM »

carnage in the second race if you didn't see it.  Had no chance at the first bend.  Jolly was smashed into in the ring went off 8/11 and was equally smashed in the first bend chaos.

Been out all night. Just home. Comerford big on exchange so I've went in. This fave could win easy but 1/2!
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: August 06, 2018, 09:41:47 PM »

3 shorties beat, which means piss all to me with 3 losers.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: August 06, 2018, 09:45:03 PM »

Been out all night. Just home. Comerford big on exchange so I've went in. This fave could win easy but 1/2!

Terriuble fav laid at 4/6 on the machine by me.  Would have happily laid evens.  T1 held it on all known form to the first bend and time wise.  That found nothing and the jolly was still beat. 
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: August 08, 2018, 05:35:14 PM »

Vegas 2019 treble. Gl us. Nice write up as usual.

Unlucky with these mate, read the races right just the wrong dog. Thanks anyway.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: August 08, 2018, 06:00:23 PM »

The market for Monmore 8:42 which is the Summer Stayers Classic is not wrong but I really like Bombers Bullet at 9/4, Since he has moved up in distance he has been quite consistent, won the big stayers race at Sunderland a few weeks ago and just seems to be getting better. I’ve had 4pts win.

Some good finals on tmrw and we get to see Droopys Trapper again runn8ng in the Northern Puppy Derby, the only race the dog was gonna lose this year ended up being a no race. Really interested in him for next years Derby (pretty certain we got on a few weeks ago) As with Bombers the prices in the market are not really wrong as he should be odds on for this however the evens from the non layers of PP (and Bfsb) coupled with the fact that they are 1/4 1-3 is a no brainier. I’ve checked their site and it is there in black and white so not a mistake on oddschecker. I can’t bet with them myself but Goodluck if u can. Will def be odds on across the board come racetime.

Probably a way of getting your account shut but Roxholme Poppy and Ela Juliet at 9/4 and 3/1 are probably the same (as Droopys Trapper) in Bombers race as the Have the same terms and are best price on them 2 dogs.

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: August 08, 2018, 06:30:52 PM »

Haven't got my head around the Monmore race yet but agree Trapper will be supported on the day and go off shorter. The one for me, though, is Geelo Blissful in the Oaks - 4/5 could be printing. No early outside it in 5 or 6, T3 will move to the rails, T1 might move off - just all leaves a ping in a straight line for the Geelo dog.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: August 08, 2018, 06:45:10 PM »

Haven't got my head around the Monmore race yet but agree Trapper will be supported on the day and go off shorter. The one for me, though, is Geelo Blissful in the Oaks - 4/5 could be printing. No early outside it in 5 or 6, T3 will move to the rails, T1 might move off - just all leaves a ping in a straight line for the Geelo dog.

Agreed, fastest run by a bitch last week wasn't it?
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: