blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 10:06:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272961 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Trip Report...(Long)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Trip Report...(Long)  (Read 36722 times)
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 27, 2009, 03:54:15 PM »

Just out of interest for the morning so i can reply to your drivel? Do you no longer have any emotions?

Do you look at everyone as a number at your table?

I have never seen so much tosh in my life as your replies to Cos's posts.

Its a shame to see this thread sent of course by such backwardness.

If I ever get to play in a vacuum of great opponents for ever more please remove the above post as i didnt realise such a toasty world existed.

I know perfectly well how he feels. Everybody who plays poker gets annoyed, tilted and frustrated from time to time. But are these emotions helpful? Of course not. So as poker players becoming less frustrated at the table is something we should want to aspire to. It's not easy to do granted, but that's what we should aspire to. Because that's what good players do. I remember when Linford Christie lined up at the start of the 100m in the Olympics. He was doing that tunnel vision thing and blocking out all the other runners so they wouldn't affect his concentration. He was there to do a job and wasn't going to let anybody get inside his head. What you appear to be saying is Linford should have been fretting about the other runners to show his emotional side.

I enjoy reading Cos's stuff but lately I'm seeing a lot of angst towards other players. My advice was for him to try and be less frustrated by his opponents. His reaction was to get frustrated. He believes that even when he is tilting he is fully in control. But it isn't possible to be tilted and fully in control at the same time. DUCY? So I'm afraid that is the only drivel in the thread. Anyway I'm enoying this report so let's move on with the next instalment....

Do you not think that sometimes having someone tilt you slighlty motivates you to play your A game more against them?

Usually when I get tilted by someone, they end up with my chips.

Nice post Mrs Mantis
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2009, 05:29:43 PM »

Part 5

Scratching my head a little bit I walk away from the tournament area, being followed by the masseuse I had still paid another half an hour for. When I busted out the last thing I wanted was her saying, 'Can you not play anymore now then?' or 'Did you go out on an unlucky hand?' in her ditsy little voice. I normally like being left alone after I bust a comp for a little bit.

Apart from the little blonde voice it was just like a shrewdie style rub down. 'Did you run out of chips?'. I was polite though because unlike the shrewdies her massive boobs were nice, she meant no harm.

So I reg for the £300 and go find my seat. The tournament has already been underway for a little while. Once again I'm on the same table as Chiprich which is nice cos in these comps it's always good to have someone to talk and banter with in a different way to just standard table chat. Cf is there too so apart from Rich, Charles and one other guy, it becomes immediately apparent that the table is really soft. I go down to 7k after I fold A8 on a AJ2A board. Villain just seems far to comforable betting into 2 of us, insistant he has the best hand and doesn't want to get outdrawn. He shows A8 too. Sigh. Pretty sure that's the right fold 95% of the time against the action though.

I soon managed to chip up and was quickly flying. If the table wasn't soft enough already they ship over two complete fish to our table. They look like forum geeks and as I ask their names, the replies I get are 'LeKnave' and 'Evilpie'. Dave goes when he reshoves AQ and gets called by someone with K10. (I had 1% of Dave for £1 - buying at less than 1.0 ftw). Playing about 25k now I open AQ to 550 and oldish guy in sb 3-bets to 1600. I peel, cos that's how I roll and I'm ready to check fold on the K53 rainbow. Old guy checks and I check. Turn = J. Old guy checks and again I check with the intention of giving oldie one free ticket to nutville on the river. Oh hi der mr  . Comically oldie snap bets a pile of chips which turns out to be 5500 into the 3400 pot. I move in, he calls, I quickly table my hand and he's out the door. Now on around 40k I'm comfortably chip leader on the table.

Me and Matt have several stupid battles, cos we just can't resist mucking around when the other opens a pot. With Blatch and a few others standing behind the table I call a Russell river bet on a Q8533 board with K10 hoping that Matt would show 46/67/910/10J hand and I'd appear a hero but alas Matt had 4Q. I then peel vs a shrewdie raise with 78 and check raise the 679 board and shrewdie folds. He does make one nice move when I lead an 892 board 3-way and Rich shoves showing a 6. I get Matt back with Q9 on a 472 board when Matt raised pre and let me see the 9 on the turn free and got a biggish bet to be called on the river. Over a bajillion squirmishes we ended up even on that table.

I opened 88 UTG+1 and folded to a 3-bet. The very next hand I pick up 88 again and raise. Matt calls, Charles calls and guyin the bb calls. Flop   . Charles checks and the guy in the BB leads out for a hefty bet but me and him are the two table chipleaders by a comfortable distance and so I decide to peel one rather than raise straight away. Matt passes but CF calls and I'm now pretty certain Charles is on a fd so I'm raising the turn unless the board pairs. Turn   and BB bets 12k. I make it 29k and Charles passes. BB ships, I snap and his K8 doesn't hit a K on the river. I've now got 100k. With 990k chips in play and the blinds at 400/800 I'm in a perfect spot with 27 left.

Me and Evilpie get moved to table Woodsey and Cottonbud....

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2009, 05:40:16 PM »

Yeah I remember that last hand. Think I had QJss or QTss. Felt I was getting a decent price on my fd without needing to get funky with it. I was pretty much always folding the turn after the other guy bet big though, even without your raise as it'd gone from being a nice cheap fd to one that's costing me a large % of my stack with only 1 card to come.

The most annoying bit of course was the river card was a spade sigh. You should have both slow played your hands on the turn!

Blue text
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 28, 2009, 12:43:18 PM »

Part 6

As the day got longer, more and more of the lads were busting from both the main event and the 300 so every time there was a short break in the tournament I naturally got more and more bubble wishes from the boys.

Arriving back to my table there were now 27 left. With my stack at about 100k and James Williams' (Cottonbud) on 80k we were well above average with only 990k in play. It didn't take very long at all to get down to 2 tables. Unfortunately Matt and Woodsey both busted. I raised the button with A3 and Matt shoved 88 in the SB but the BB found JJ and Matt was gone which I was gutted about. Though with me and Matt it may not have been ideal to have us both on the final table. Getting stacks in with 44 vs A7 prob not best for either of us!

As we're broken to two tables, me and James Williams are sat next to one another, luckily though I have position. On my left I have Greek Jack and CF. Earlier on the tourney I'd got Charles all in with AK vs 1010 and I bricked. I was now opening a lot of pots that were unopened before me and delighted to find 1010 on the button as I had a feeling CF was gonna ship it on me soon. I opened/snapped but Charles found AK of green. I don't expect to beat two such beautiful greens and over goes about 20k.

As we continue I still manage to maintain my stack until I get into a big hand with Greek Jack. I can tell Jack is a tad frustrated about having been outplayed a few hands before and it's passed round to me in the SB at 1k2k. Jack is playing c.70k and I cover. I make it 5500 with KK and Jack calls. The flop comes   Two Diamonds Two Clubs and I continue for 5.5k, a smaller bet than I'd usually make hoping Jack will raise. Luckily Jack obliges instantly and throws out 3x 5k chips. I consider my options for about 20 seconds and decide to call. The   hits the turn and as I check to Jack he moves in for about 50k. I call and Jack has A9. I think he should check back the turn there once he makes his hand but I'm not complaining now just shy of 200k. All the while me and James are bantering and chatting away - he's a good lad and playing really well. He manages to surpass me in chips as he 4-bets all in with QQ and gets a call (from a big stack with 60k behind). James tilted him right up from a bluff a little while before and earnt every one of those chips but with it he got a massive sweat.

vs  

Flop   .

The dealer manages to find brick brick for James and we're down to a final 9. The TD gives us the option to play on now or come back tomorrow and play. Unfortunately 8 want to come back tomorrow and only I want to play on now (how else am I going to play the £150 the next day!?).

I spend the rest of the evening in the bar with Flushy and Dubai etc. Unfortunately I manage to surpass my £40 Larry Loss from the night before, except this time unfortunately it's to Pab. As we are watching the last few hands of the day in the £1k there's an Indian looking lad on Blatch's left. I asked Blatch about half an hour earlier if it was Jagz and Blatch quickly confirms that it is indeed him. When Pab comes in after a night out Pab mentions that he's never met Jagz in person before but doesn't think that's him. We bet £50 and I go ask the kid his name. Oh right, hi Chris. shdhghslkdgsgd. I hand Pablo a crisp £50 and then he tells me Jagz told him online he wouldn't be at DTD. Sighhh. Maybe it was a good thing we weren't playing on tonight.

That night in the bar was good fun. Middy at one point losing half his clothes and belongings in flips, Dubai apparently not wearing those UGG boots as part of a prop bet and just general comedy as many of the guys had come back from a night out.

Finally I get back to Stu's and hit the hay.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 12:44:58 PM by GreekStein » Logged

@GreekStein on twitter.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 28, 2009, 01:05:41 PM »

Part 6

As the day got longer, more and more of the lads were busting from both the main event and the 300 so every time there was a short break in the tournament I naturally got more and more bubble wishes from the boys.

Arriving back to my table there were now 27 left. With my stack at about 100k and James Williams' (Cottonbud) on 80k we were well above average with only 990k in play. It didn't take very long at all to get down to 2 tables. Unfortunately Matt and Woodsey both busted. I raised the button with A3 and Matt shoved 88 in the SB but the BB found JJ and Matt was gone which I was gutted about. Though with me and Matt it may not have been ideal to have us both on the final table. Getting stacks in with 44 vs A7 prob not best for either of us!

As we're broken to two tables, me and James Williams are sat next to one another, luckily though I have position. On my left I have Greek Jack and CF. Earlier on the tourney I'd got Charles all in with AK vs 1010 and I bricked. I was now opening a lot of pots that were unopened before me and delighted to find 1010 on the button as I had a feeling CF was gonna ship it on me soon. I opened/snapped but Charles found AK of green. I don't expect to beat two such beautiful greens and over goes about 20k.

As we continue I still manage to maintain my stack until I get into a big hand with Greek Jack. I can tell Jack is a tad frustrated about having been outplayed a few hands before and it's passed round to me in the SB at 1k2k. Jack is playing c.70k and I cover. I make it 5500 with KK and Jack calls. The flop comes   Two Diamonds Two Clubs and I continue for 5.5k, a smaller bet than I'd usually make hoping Jack will raise. Luckily Jack obliges instantly and throws out 3x 5k chips. I consider my options for about 20 seconds and decide to call. The   hits the turn and as I check to Jack he moves in for about 50k. I call and Jack has A9. I think he should check back the turn there once he makes his hand but I'm not complaining now just shy of 200k. All the while me and James are bantering and chatting away - he's a good lad and playing really well. He manages to surpass me in chips as he 4-bets all in with QQ and gets a call (from a big stack with 60k behind). James tilted him right up from a bluff a little while before and earnt every one of those chips but with it he got a massive sweat.

vs  

Flop   .

The dealer manages to find brick brick for James and we're down to a final 9. The TD gives us the option to play on now or come back tomorrow and play. Unfortunately 8 want to come back tomorrow and only I want to play on now (how else am I going to play the £150 the next day!?).

I spend the rest of the evening in the bar with Flushy and Dubai etc. Unfortunately I manage to surpass my £40 Larry Loss from the night before, except this time unfortunately it's to Pab. As we are watching the last few hands of the day in the £1k there's an Indian looking lad on Blatch's left. I asked Blatch about half an hour earlier if it was Jagz and Blatch quickly confirms that it is indeed him. When Pab comes in after a night out Pab mentions that he's never met Jagz in person before but doesn't think that's him. We bet £50 and I go ask the kid his name. Oh right, hi Chris. shdhghslkdgsgd. I hand Pablo a crisp £50 and then he tells me Jagz told him online he wouldn't be at DTD. Sighhh. Maybe it was a good thing we weren't playing on tonight.

That night in the bar was good fun. Middy at one point losing half his clothes and belongings in flips, Dubai apparently not wearing those UGG boots as part of a prop bet and just general comedy as many of the guys had come back from a night out.

Finally I get back to Stu's and hit the hay.

Neil probably had half of Pab's action

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 28, 2009, 03:28:21 PM »

Part 5
Apart from the little blonde voice it was just like a shrewdie style rub down. 'Did you run out of chips?'. I was polite though because unlike the shrewdies her massive boobs were nice, she meant no harm.

I assume this was not the same as the one you had on Sunday.
The Sunday one was perfect.
Sigh......................

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 28, 2009, 04:19:23 PM »

Part 5

was that one bud.

@GreekStein on twitter.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 29, 2009, 04:32:44 PM »

Part 5

was that one bud.

[  ] massive boobs?
[X] tiny super tight and petite?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 30, 2009, 07:39:03 PM »

gogogogo part 7 Smiley

i esp want to read the bit about the ridic cooler hand where cos ran better than blatch

Blue text
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 30, 2009, 07:40:10 PM »

gogogogo part 7 Smiley

i esp want to read the bit about the ridic cooler hand where cos ran better than blatch

Did he cheat?
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 06, 2010, 09:53:53 PM »

bump

Just me
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 06, 2010, 10:35:40 PM »

bump

Completely forgot about this as I actually wrote the last part like a week ago! Will dig it out tomorrow and post.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2010, 10:37:55 PM »

bump

Completely forgot about this as I actually wrote the last part like a week ago! Will dig it out tomorrow and post.

slowroll

Blue text
BAM

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 07, 2010, 12:17:31 AM »

can't wait

honest

RaisyDaisy86

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 07, 2010, 10:48:10 AM »

Bump Bump
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print