blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:47:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 684737 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: October 08, 2012, 12:51:45 PM »

Let's just get on with Al Capone taking over Chicago already!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: October 08, 2012, 12:53:38 PM »

First episode of Season 3 of Boardwalk Empire was disappointingly meh.

American dramas' ability to spell everything out in...a...reaaaaallly...slowwww...and...obvious... wayyyy is infuriating

Switched it off about half way through. It's that bloody Irish woman that pisses me off!! Can't stick her!! Seriously what's the point of her?

Can't believe they've killed off so many quality gangsters already and kept her in it.

Ep 2 gets a bit better, hopefully it'll improve more as the series goes on. Can't see me watching many more if it carries on the way it has so far.

She's come a long way from Begbie and co Cheesy

At a guess, she will end up with all the money and power...... That's how these things usually work out isn't it?

I'm getting a bit stressed now, I've got Boardwalk, Dexter, Mentalist, Good Wife and Homeland all piling up for a marathon. They're all getting shot down now and I'm worrying that I'll plot myself for an all weekend session of crap given the last page or so Sad

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: October 08, 2012, 12:59:37 PM »

First episode of Season 3 of Boardwalk Empire was disappointingly meh.

American dramas' ability to spell everything out in...a...reaaaaallly...slowwww...and...obvious... wayyyy is infuriating

Switched it off about half way through. It's that bloody Irish woman that pisses me off!! Can't stick her!! Seriously what's the point of her?

Can't believe they've killed off so many quality gangsters already and kept her in it.

Ep 2 gets a bit better, hopefully it'll improve more as the series goes on. Can't see me watching many more if it carries on the way it has so far.

She's come a long way from Begbie and co Cheesy

At a guess, she will end up with all the money and power...... That's how these things usually work out isn't it?

I'm getting a bit stressed now, I've got Boardwalk, Dexter, Mentalist, Good Wife and Homeland all piling up for a marathon. They're all getting shot down now and I'm worrying that I'll plot myself for an all weekend session of crap given the last page or so Sad

Better than the X Factor, chief

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Sweetman

View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: October 08, 2012, 01:14:36 PM »

Sat down and started dexter series 6 yesterday.

turned it off after 25 mins.  Im done with Dexter.  Shame coz the first 4 seasons were really enjoyable.

At least I have the office season 9 and walking dead season three this month.

You'd think post-Apocalyptic zombie horror had been imagined to undeath by now and yet I still like The Walking Dead.

My desire to write a film/series where everyone is a zombie and the zombies have to set up a primitive society all over again is still in research and development.

Id watch it as long as there was a chess scene each episode
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: October 08, 2012, 01:18:13 PM »

Better than the X Factor, chief

Haha, I don't watch UK X Factor anymore, but I won't deny that I'm a fan of the US version Smiley

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: October 08, 2012, 01:29:41 PM »

turned it off after 25 mins.  Im done with Dexter.  Shame coz the first 4 seasons were really enjoyable.

You'd think post-Apocalyptic zombie horror had been imagined to undeath by now and yet I still like The Walking Dead.

My desire to write a film/series where everyone is a zombie and the zombies have to set up a primitive society all over again is still in research and development.

Id watch it as long as there was a chess scene each episode

Congratulations on your new appointment, Mr Executive Producer!

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: October 08, 2012, 01:45:42 PM »

youv'e not been to Luton then ?

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: October 08, 2012, 02:00:17 PM »

Just skip season 6 and move on to season 7. 2 episodes in and it's awesome so far.

You will miss nothing by skipping season 6. The only bit of importance was the twist at the end. I won't say what it is here in case some people don't know it but it's a game changer.

Blue text
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: October 08, 2012, 04:57:42 PM »

Just skip season 6 and move on to season 7. 2 episodes in and it's awesome so far.

You will miss nothing by skipping season 6. The only bit of importance was the twist at the end. I won't say what it is here in case some people don't know it but it's a game changer.

Think you've already said that you can catch up on season 6 from the 5 minute opening of season 7 where they recap.

Can confirm this.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: October 09, 2012, 12:19:44 AM »

Homeland S02 E02 excellent with a cracking build up to ep3.

Ah! The element of surprise
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: October 09, 2012, 12:46:45 AM »

I'm stockpiling the shows that have just come back, so that I can mass watch them once completed.

In the meantime, I've got a few on my hard drive and can't decide which to watch....

NCIS, NCIS LA, Falling Skies, The Closer, Spartacus, FlashForward, Rome and Treme.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: October 09, 2012, 01:19:47 AM »

I found Treme hard work, dull and lifeless.

Just IMO

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: October 09, 2012, 03:27:44 AM »

Homeland S02 E02 excellent with a cracking build up to ep3.

Just watched the 1st 2 eps of new series, <3 Homeland.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: October 09, 2012, 04:29:07 AM »

BE continues to be a bit of a drag this series, expect it to pick up though, Al Capone should be in it more.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: October 09, 2012, 05:49:41 AM »

I found Treme hard work, dull and lifeless.

Just IMO

I love Treme but I can understand why people would have this view.  It certainly isn't fast moving but it is just such an incredible love story for a place in the same way as Simon wrote a love story for Baltimore in The Wire.

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: