blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:45:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177750 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: January 23, 2011, 11:53:38 AM »

Ger knows who some of them are.  They're tapped, but they'll get ya where ya need to be.

is there any public transport?

Never had to use it, so dunno.  Can find out if people really want me to. 

The mini vans I'm on about are run by genuine licensed taxi guys.  When I say 'tapped' I mean it in the nicest sense of the word. 

Seriously though.  Killarney is only 10 minutes from the airport so don't worry about it.  Will make sure none of ye are stuck

s'ok, i was kidding Smiley

On a Sunday?!  Go sit in the corner Missy!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1006 on: January 23, 2011, 12:57:00 PM »

That said, if there's a silly number of ye genuinely coming over around the same time I'll arrange a mini van or two to join me.  Ger knows who some of them are.  They're tapped, but they'll get ya where ya need to be.

Tex - The only driver to be able to hold three conversations whilst driving - A mobile phone in each hand and looking round to talk to someone in the back.

Priceless

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: January 23, 2011, 12:58:24 PM »

That said, if there's a silly number of ye genuinely coming over around the same time I'll arrange a mini van or two to join me.  Ger knows who some of them are.  They're tapped, but they'll get ya where ya need to be.

Tex - The only driver to be able to hold three conversations whilst driving - A mobile phone in each hand and looking round to talk to someone in the back.

Priceless

Never before saw anyone multi task like it.   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 24, 2011, 09:23:39 AM »

Today is Monday.  Big step for me - knowing what day it is.  Bolton on Friday.  Sooooooooo looking forward to it!  Got the passport stamped on Saturday but only a one year stamp.  Marv.  Something to do with the temp passport throwing off their system.  Good luck me trying to remember again next January.  Can't ask you lot to remind me.  Yer fecking useless.

Anyway, off to the hairdresser and all going well I'll have hotel info. for the Killarney gig before the day is out.  Will start a brand new pretty thread about it once I've that info.

I'm on strict orders to try on a few outfits while I'm in town today and I'm to ask the shops to hold them for my return visit tomorrow.  Bridget and I have a couple of hours at a spa planned for tomorrow and she's insisted on clothes shopping after.  She's painfully stubborn.  Makes me look relaxed.  I'm basically screwed this time.  No way out.  Shopping beckons.  Sighhhhhhhhh.

As for tomorrow's spa day?  I was given a voucher by the kids in January of LAST year for this.  Just not felt up to actually using it.  Enter Bridget.  She's put the foot down on that one too and booked herself in as well so I won't have to go alone.  It's in some really posh place in town and pretentious people do me head in.  Should be interesting. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 25, 2011, 02:38:00 AM »

Oh man...I ran good today.  I mean proper good.  Well...as good as I could ever hope to in the shopping stakes anyway. 

Had a decent brekkie first so I wouldn't be tempted by Killarney fast food.  Hair appointment at 11 and two hours later I was off to do the dreaded clothes shopping. 

Managed to make my way through 4 large shops, trying on every single thing I would even consider wearing.  No joy bar a pair of really great shoes shoes in one of the first two shops.  Shoes weren't even on the 'to buy' list.  Bridget would not be impressed.  Sigh.

Very nearly gave up - only one thing kept me going.  The changing room nazis were giving me no hassle in those first two shops.  The '4 items' rule seemed to have gone out the window as I walked up with anywhere from 8 - 10 items at a time.  Dunno were they in a particularly good mood or if the recession has their bosses telling them to STFU, but it was nice.  Maybe today was the day I'd get lucky and actually buy some clothes. 

So despite every inch of my being telling me to pack it in and go home, I carried on to the next shop.  And that's where it happened.  I found a pair of jeans AND a top!  All in one place!  Blimey.  That NEVER happens for me. 

Granted, I'd also tried on 3 other pairs of jeans.  Keeping in mind all had the same size on their label.  First pair didn't make it past me knees.  Second pair got up there but I'm kinda partial to breathing and that was never happening if I closed this particular pair.  Third pair?  Perfect fit around the waist...just needed to shrink me height by about 4 inches if I'd any hope of wearing them in public.  Although they'd be perfect if I lived in a flood zone.  But I don't. 

Ah well.  Never mind.  I found clothes that fit.  May as well ride the wave of luck and head to one more store before calling it a day.

Jackpot central on soooooooo many levels!!!  Found a pair of pants that I abso LOVE as well as three tops that I like and can be seen wearing in public.  Go figure. 

On a never before felt 'shopping high' I decided to proper push the boat out and carried on bra shopping to finish off the day.  That bit took 90 minutes.  And I only found two that worked.  Sigh.  Good job I didn't start with the bras or I'd have no new clothes right now.

So tomorrow Bridget can GTFO when it comes to shopping.  I'm done now until the next time she moans at me about my clothes.  Giving it 6 months at a stretch.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1010 on: January 25, 2011, 08:09:19 AM »

You're such a girl.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 25, 2011, 12:43:29 PM »

You're such a girl.

Feck off!  Am not.  I'm mostly a bloke in disguise obv.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1012 on: January 25, 2011, 12:46:02 PM »

You're such a girl.

Sure you are.*girlie voice* "I just bought trousers and a top, it's great! Now off to bake some cakes!"

Face it, you're a girl.

p.s. Please don't say you'll not make me a cheesecake now ...I would cry and my little German heart would break.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: January 25, 2011, 01:10:51 PM »

You're such a girl.

Sure you are.*girlie voice* "I just bought trousers and a top, it's great! Now off to bake some cakes!"

Face it, you're a girl.

p.s. Please don't say you'll not make me a cheesecake now ...I would cry and my little German heart would break.
  pansy

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 25, 2011, 03:32:44 PM »

When presented with the question, "What three things would you like to have if you were stuck on an island?"  - why doesn't anyone ever pick a boat?

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 25, 2011, 03:41:37 PM »

I'd like a super yacht, someone who knows how to drive it and 17 billion dollars. Would be awesome.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1016 on: January 25, 2011, 04:26:23 PM »

When presented with the question, "What three things would you like to have if you were stuck on an island?"  - why doesn't anyone ever pick a boat?

Nah, screw the boat..just make sure you get stuck on a nice tropical Island...the Bahamas will do for me.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1017 on: January 25, 2011, 04:33:28 PM »

Nah, screw the boat..just make sure you get stuck on a nice tropical Island...the Bahamas will do for me.

Actually, we are on an island.

I quite like it.

The older I get, the better I was.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1018 on: January 25, 2011, 04:36:57 PM »

Actually, we are on an island.

I quite like it.

lol, WP

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 26, 2011, 09:30:30 AM »

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii  2 more sleeps til Bolton!!!   

Not at all looking forward to it obv

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: