blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:32:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272583 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177549 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: January 26, 2011, 09:45:22 AM »

Yesterday was supposed to be 'spa day' with Bridget.  Except the weather has turned yucky in Ireland again.  Rain, cold, clouds...just plain yucky. 

We sat here by the fire with cups of coffee looking out the window and came to the conclusion it would be a pure waste to go to a spa.  What's the point?  Get all sorts of nice calming treatments done only to head out into that rubbish weather?  No thank you.  We're going to wait until it's a bit more bearable before tackling the spa day. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: January 26, 2011, 10:02:16 AM »

Today I've a few tasks to get through.

Must order monopoly money for Bolton before I forget.  Hate paying over the odds commission at the airport so the local credit union is a great alternative.  Would ask ye to remind me later, but we know how well that works out. 

Taking Sinéad and Brian to the doctor this morning too.  Sinéad's proper injured her right leg messing about at school.  Well, that was the start of it.  Then she played a footy final yesterday which made it miles worse because she refused to come off when the pain first kicked in.  She had tears streaming down but wanted to keep playing.  Marv.  She's a bit stubborn, so she is.  No idea where she got it from though.  Eventually she was forced off by her coach.  We've had it wrapped in ice since and it's still swollen, so off we go.  She's been complaining of a pain in her right hip anyway, so we'll kill two birds with one stone.

Brian's issue shouldn't be as complicated.  He has typical teen trouble skin.  But we've noticed one 'spot' seems to be growing inwards on his face and hasn't gone away despite all the stuff he uses to keep clean and clear this stuff up.  Been there with a while, so just to be safe...he's going with us to the doc.

On the plus side...when they see more than one in the family during the same visit we get a bit of a discount.  Don't expect there to be anything major wrong with either of them, so not really in a panic.  On the downside, we'll be sat in a waiting room for the bones of two hours.  GG Wednesday.  Will have just enough time to get a dinner on before the day is considered done and dusted.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 26, 2011, 10:04:15 AM »

Just in case you missed it...

A gang of us are raiding Killarney in May.  A new thread's been created in the Rail.  Here's the link    http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=51651.0 

Should be good fun!!!

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1023 on: January 26, 2011, 11:51:18 AM »

monopoly money

you're welcome

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 26, 2011, 03:15:29 PM »

Cheers Boldie.  Yer too good to me really.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1025 on: January 26, 2011, 03:21:34 PM »

No worries, I tell MrsB I'm too good to her as well...she ussually slaps me in return Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: January 26, 2011, 03:26:07 PM »

No worries, I tell MrsB I'm too good to her as well...she ussually slaps me in return Smiley

Well of course.  She needs to keep ya on yer toes don't ya know.  With you being a midget it's the only hope she has of ya reaching the top shelves in the cupboard.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: January 26, 2011, 06:33:24 PM »

Why do you go to the sodding credit union. You know Ger/me/others will exchange at spot for ya...especially Ger, who's gonna need the Euro for May!
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: January 26, 2011, 06:44:00 PM »

Because I want £700 - £750 and don't like to assume peeps have it spare floating about.  That said...if anyone would prefer the swap, by all means let me know as the credit union was closed 'for training' from 1pm today.   Wink

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 26, 2011, 06:48:59 PM »

you are aware that bolton is south of the border? monopoly money not needed

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: January 26, 2011, 08:46:56 PM »

You might not need it, but I deffo do.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: January 26, 2011, 08:54:37 PM »

The wait wasn't as bad as we'd expected.  Only had to sit 'round for an hour before seeing the doc. 

Brian went first.  Turns out the lumpy thing is an abscess and he'll be grand after a course of meds. 

Sinéad is on anti inflammatory stuff for her leg and must go for an orthopaedic x-ray in a couple of weeks time just to be sure there's nothing big going on with her hip.

I've been put on a month's supply of some pretty strong sleeping tablets...which will be left alone til after this week-end.

Got the 'group discount' too.  Result!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 26, 2011, 09:06:33 PM »

Once we were done handing over a small fortune at the chemist it was home time.  Spent the next hour ringing the credit union and getting no answer.  In the end I decided to make the trip thinking they must be super busy.  Nope.  Training Day according to the sign flapping in the wind on the front door.  Marv. 

Get home to find out there's a mix up with our rate for the Celtic Chaos week-end.  Turns out Connie needed a price for a week-end in March as well.  When he phoned me with our price, he accidentally gave me the March deal.  Connie being Connie though...he phoned the hotel, asked them to please honour the deal we thought we had and they've either agreed or the March crowd are eating the difference.  Don't know for sure.  He was pretty evasive about it tbh.  But he was hell bent we weren't being jerked around and apologised for the mix up.  Our original quote stands.  Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 26, 2011, 09:10:09 PM »

So tomorrow I'm getting my very first manicure.  Like ever.  Nails are another thing have never bothered me much, but I've been getting fierce stick to have them sorted.  All this girly shite is for the birds imo, but I'll humour them and get the damn things done.  Then it's home time and packing. 

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 26, 2011, 09:25:31 PM »

You might not need it, but I deffo do.

nope. pretty sure you and I would both need the same money in bolton

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: