blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:15:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272576 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177463 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: February 02, 2011, 12:01:06 PM »

I need a kick start.  Can't get motivated and it happens after every trip.  That's the downside to those trips.  They're so much fun - it's a total crash and burn when I get home.  Physically and mentally draining if truth be told.  I get to forget some things for a while and others are brought right to the front. 

That said, I wouldn't miss them for the world.  So time to cop on and get some jobs around the place.  I'm off again in just over a week and like to have this place in complete order before I go.  To be fair, the crew didn't trash it too much this last round.  In fact, they've been abso brilliant since I landed!  SinĂ©ad did the dinner and Sarah put down the fires yesterday.  But it's not really their job to get those things done.  I'm the Mom and whatever about anything else, can't forget that. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: February 02, 2011, 12:30:34 PM »

Today is Groundhog Day in America.  Do you lot have it here too? 

I remember growing up we'd all be glued to our tellys when he popped out.  If he stayed out, summer was well and truly on the way.  But if he saw his shadow and ran back in, we were stuffed with another six weeks of winter.  I often wondered if his racing back to his burrow had more to do with the throngs of news reporters and onlookers and not so much to do with the sunshine.  But years of tradition meant I kept the theory to meself.

It's abso pouring out of the heavens here atm but I don't think Ireland is too bothered with Groundhog Day.  Pity, because there's no way he was seeing his shadow today.  And tomorrow might have been sunny. 

Actually...scratch that.  I've just checked the forecast and it'll be pissing for the next four or five days so I don't suppose a Ground hog could've done much to change that. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1052 on: February 02, 2011, 12:32:53 PM »

lol Groundhog day, I only know of one person that celebrates it and that's Boshi. He believes a rodent has magical winter predicting powers.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: February 02, 2011, 12:37:11 PM »

lol Groundhog day, I only know of one person that celebrates it and that's Boshi. He believes a rodent has magical winter predicting powers.

Only because the Groundhog can run faster than him so it must be true. 

Kin also believes  in God.  But he's afraid to come out.  Must be the Sun reporters he's worried about.  Come to think of it, he's much like the Groundhog. 

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1054 on: February 02, 2011, 12:43:33 PM »

Groundhog Day. Another of my top 10 films.

The older I get, the better I was.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1055 on: February 02, 2011, 03:09:00 PM »

I remember growing up we'd all be glued to our tellys when he popped out.  If he stayed out, summer was well and truly on the way.  But if he saw his shadow and ran back in, we were stuffed with another six weeks of winter.  I often wondered if his racing back to his burrow had more to do with the throngs of news reporters and onlookers and not so much to do with the sunshine.  But years of tradition meant I kept the theory to meself.

It's abso pouring out of the heavens here atm but I don't think Ireland is too bothered with Groundhog Day.  Pity, because there's no way he was seeing his shadow today.  And tomorrow might have been sunny.

Actually...scratch that.  I've just checked the forecast and it'll be pissing for the next four or five days so I don't suppose a Ground hog could've done much to change that. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1056 on: February 02, 2011, 04:15:41 PM »

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1057 on: February 02, 2011, 04:25:50 PM »

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1058 on: February 02, 2011, 04:33:11 PM »

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: February 02, 2011, 04:51:59 PM »

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1060 on: February 02, 2011, 05:05:48 PM »

They glued me to a yak.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: February 02, 2011, 05:07:39 PM »

The more sensible option to be fair.  I mean, you're doing good on the diet and all but pretty sure you'd still crush a ground hog.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1062 on: February 02, 2011, 05:24:56 PM »

Many years ago, I had a crush on a ground hog. Madeline her name was. She had scratchy whiskers and big orange teeth like sliced carrots. She broke my heart.

I still keep her picture in my wallet.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: February 02, 2011, 05:29:41 PM »

Might be time you let her go.  Don't want people thinking yer the obsessive stalker type.  Besides, there's plenty more ground hogs in the erm....grass.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: February 02, 2011, 06:06:30 PM »

Keeping a greyhound as a pet.

Pros and Cons?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: