blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:51:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177333 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: January 26, 2011, 09:27:13 PM »

connie's a man?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 26, 2011, 09:32:34 PM »

connie's a man?

Yeppers

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 26, 2011, 09:43:49 PM »

lol I was thinking same thing

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 26, 2011, 10:02:29 PM »

A pretty popular male name over here.  Know a few.  Took a while to get use to the idea though.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 28, 2011, 06:47:29 AM »

I've come to the conclusion that manicures are over-rated.  The woman who was doing my nails couldn't hold a conversation if her life depended on it.  I tried to keep us going for the first 15 or 20 minutes, but admitted defeat in the end and just sat there staring at the walls.  90 minutes later I was allowed to leave.  Once I paid the price of six pints to her for the nail job.  FFS!  They call it the '3 week manicure'.  Well at that price it damn well better last longer than three weeks. 

Will I go back again?  It's a coin toss.  If it genuinely helps them grow properly, I might give her another go.  But I'll also be searching the web and shops for the kit to do it meself.  How hard can it be?

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 28, 2011, 06:52:51 AM »

Must do a quick few things around the house, then I'm off to Bolton!!!  The APAT UK Team Championships are on this week-end and I'm playing for Chezger.  Should be great fun with lots of really nice people and I've been looking forward to it for weeks.

Over/under on my success with airport security today?  Wonder who's working their desk.  We're surely on a first name basis by now. 

Must get those last minute things done round the house and will report back once I'm settled in at the airport. 

For everyone heading to Bolton...see you sooooooooooon!  Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii  To the rest...hope you have a great week-end whatever yer at.  xx

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: February 01, 2011, 09:12:56 AM »

What a mental week-end!  Was abso brilliant fun and great to catch up with everyone. 

Had serious intentions of taking pics while in Bolton.  Managed a whopping 5.  Must try harder in future. 

Got through security in Ireland no hassle for a change.  Not so lucky on the way back, but there ya go.  Was stopped in Manchester AND Ireland on the way back.  Granted, think I've discovered the problem.  On the way home I'm generally looking like the walking dead to be fair.  Must attempt that thing called sleep on the next trip.  Might help.  Not likely, but maybe.

See ya again in a few days Ireland...

Click to see full-size image.

Had just landed at the Holiday Inn when I spotted this...marv.  Turns out I was the least of their problems.  Isn't that right Jack?   

WTF do people get up to in Bolton?!

BAM - I'll let ye decide what was going on here.

The Emperor Strikes Back - Delboy in his new Star Wars meets Brooklyn gangster look

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 01, 2011, 10:03:39 AM »

I've come to the conclusion that manicures are over-rated.  The woman who was doing my nails couldn't hold a conversation if her life depended on it.  I tried to keep us going for the first 15 or 20 minutes, but admitted defeat in the end and just sat there staring at the walls.  90 minutes later I was allowed to leave.  Once I paid the price of six pints to her for the nail job.  FFS!  They call it the '3 week manicure'.  Well at that price it damn well better last longer than three weeks. 

Will I go back again?  It's a coin toss.  If it genuinely helps them grow properly, I might give her another go.  But I'll also be searching the web and shops for the kit to do it meself.  How hard can it be?

I don't get mine done no more but when I did I used to think will you just shut up and let me relax lol, same at the hairdressers, I cant stand having to talk. She sounds my type of person.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 01, 2011, 10:08:00 AM »

So as it was mostly a 'what happens on tour stays on tour' kind of week-end will just say a few words and be done with it.

Huge thanks to Ger for getting me to and from the airport and general child minding at the week-end.  Yer an abso star and don't know what I'd do without you.  

Friday night was great fun and everyone managed to keep their feet off the walls.  Still don't get WTF that sign was about!

Hotel swimming pools have lessons on Saturday mornings.  Please don't ever think you'll have a relaxing hour in the pool on a Saturday morning.  And unless you're prepared to shove a bunch of kids out of yer way, yer prolly not going to get much swimming in either.  Wee man and I looked at each other at one point and just burst out laughing.  Good swerve on the Duke's part although I still maintain he's a wimp for bailing on the swim.

Rich and Leigh did a cracking job as ever to keep the show going on Saturday.  We won't hold them responsible for the mystery meat buffet.  Based on reports I'm abso delighted to have swerved it.  

Poker was grand albeit not profitable, but I never seem to cash in APAT events.  Get close.  Then crash and burn in fabulous fashion when we're down to the wire.  Ah well.  Never mind.

Don't know how Niall managed to win the APAT event.  He was on very little sleep.  Thank god for sat nav is all I say because Bolton wheelchair taxis were non-existent..  Niall and another Northern Ireland Lad were kind enough to help me get Iron back to the hotel at omg a.m. on Sunday morning.  Iron didn't trust me to push (go figure).  Niall seemed to be doing most of the work as he was shorter than his mate and at a better level for pushing the chair.  Eventually he handed over the reigns on the way up a hill though as we were starting to lose our way again...
"Where are we now?"  
"We're on the corner of it's your fucking turn to push street."  Well...the way it came out of his mouth.  I deffo woke a few with the fits of laughing.

Jack.  Oh my.  Don't feel bad though.  There were lots of funny incidents at the week-end.  Yer just easiest to pick on.  

Head massages.  Only hope I have of cashing in an APAT event and one of these days I WILL start charging for them!   Would have made a fecking fortune this week-end.  

Absolutely fab week-end with great company.  Thanks everyone for making it such a good one!  xx
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 10:12:47 AM by Laxie » Logged

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: February 01, 2011, 10:11:00 AM »

I've come to the conclusion that manicures are over-rated.  The woman who was doing my nails couldn't hold a conversation if her life depended on it.  I tried to keep us going for the first 15 or 20 minutes, but admitted defeat in the end and just sat there staring at the walls. 90 minutes later I was allowed to leave.  Once I paid the price of six pints to her for the nail job.  FFS!  They call it the '3 week manicure'.  Well at that price it damn well better last longer than three weeks.  

Will I go back again?  It's a coin toss.  If it genuinely helps them grow properly, I might give her another go.  But I'll also be searching the web and shops for the kit to do it meself.  How hard can it be?

I don't get mine done no more but when I did I used to think will you just shut up and let me relax lol, same at the hairdressers, I cant stand having to talk. She sounds my type of person.

Where the heck did you disappear to this week-end?!  Glad we got that other business sorted but was looking forward to a catch up with ya ffs.  Next time give me warning and I'll stop playing the poker for a bit.  Not like I'll miss anything at the table and probably mean I last longer in the tourney too.   xx
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 11:48:20 AM by Laxie » Logged

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 01, 2011, 10:14:42 AM »

We left to go and pop into see Tikay at Manchester, you guys were all in full swing. Great to see you, will update Reece's book again this week and put your very kind donation in. Thank you once again Dawn. XX

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: February 01, 2011, 10:20:22 AM »

In full swing.  You can sing that!  Should be back to normal maybe tomorrow...or the next day.  Must tackle the idea of a vertical move at some point soon though.  Not budged from the sofa since landing yesterday at 3:30.

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1047 on: February 01, 2011, 11:27:12 PM »

Jack.  Oh my.  Don't feel bad though.  There were lots of funny incidents at the week-end.  Yer just easiest to pick on.  

Grin

I don't feel bad at all. Well, I do, but not for that reason. As someone once said, there's only one thing worse than being talked about...

Quite happy providing a few comedy moments for the delectation of APATers various.

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1048 on: February 01, 2011, 11:29:30 PM »

If they are talking about you they are leaving someone else alone

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: February 02, 2011, 08:31:42 AM »

If they are talking about you they are leaving someone else alone

And usually I'm the one getting the post trip roasting so I owe him a pint or three in Killarney.   

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: