blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:07:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 176653 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: February 05, 2011, 01:19:14 PM »

And all is right with the world.  wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1111 on: February 05, 2011, 01:41:05 PM »

Full skinny plz. (With pics)

Failing that, cliffs.

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 05, 2011, 05:44:35 PM »

Full skinny plz. (With pics)

Failing that, cliffs.

Ya perv. 

I was beyond emotional this morning (obv) and hadn't slept a wink since yesterday.  Had a couple of hours nap since and I'm currently trying to get me head 'round the best way to skin this one for ye.  Long and short of it ......

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 06, 2011, 09:12:34 AM »

This isn't something I'd ever intended to bring out on here to be honest but circumstances and that kinda force me hand.  Blimey.  Where to begin?  Suppose the start is as good a place as any....

As I've said earlier in this diary I'd been with Timothy since '89.  That's a lot of years put down for a relatively young one (oi! - I'm not an old bat...yet!).  We've three lovely kids who we both absolutely adore and I reckon we've done a pretty good job so far bringing them up.  We've never been 'rich' as such, but always got by comfortably on the one income and at the very least gave the illusion of being a very happy couple.

I say 'illusion' because that's the truth of it as it turns out.  18 months ago I received a call that well and truly shook my world.  All of ours if truth be told.  I was absolutely devastated and totally heart broken.  Won't get into the gory details of the phone call here but not because I'm hiding it from the kids (who read this) but because the wounds are still there for all of us.  No point digging into them further - for their sake.  They know the score and as of today all the people closest do too.  For now, that's all that matters.  I will say this.  Timothy has always been and still is a brilliant father.  He's a great provider allowing me to stay home raising the kids and they've always appreciated it.  Yes...he did fuck up.  In fabulous fashion too.  But he's also done a lot of things right which he deserves credit for. 

With that said...I've spent the past 18 months sleeping on the sofa.  I was a complete vegetable for the first few months.  Could barely function and didn't want to speak to anyone.  Initially the kids didn't know what was going on but in the end we had to tell them as it was painful for them to see their Mom inexplicably shut down.  I've always tried to teach my kids that honesty is the best policy.  No matter what needs telling or how bad it may seem, just be honest and we'll get through it together.  I've never lied to my kids and wasn't about to start now, but I needed time to get my head round it first so I could be (in some way) there for them.  That was an unreal difficult chat.  They were obviously in shock and I'm not entirely sure telling them was the way forward but they're old enough to face real world at this stage so no point messing about.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 06, 2011, 09:27:52 AM »

Not many people in our neck of the woods knew what was going on at first.  I did my best to keep the 'routine' of the house going but wasn't going about things with the usual 'zest'.  We tried a marriage counsellor who didn't stand a chance breaking through me as I had well and truly shut down.  And because there wasn't enough going on in Laxieland...one other unrelated event transpired to really throw a monkey wrench into the works.  Nothing to do with Timothy or the family and still trying to be resolved, but it sure as shit didn't help matters on the home front.   

In the end I stopped going to the counsellor and went to see my doctor instead.  Turns out my blood pressure which had always been very low - had gone through the roof.  She reckoned I was making meself ill trying to hold it together.  So I was put on some sort of mild med to calm me down a bit.  Marv.  Now I'm on moody meds when the mood strikes.  Have to say though...they've helped a bit.  I'm not even close to 100%, but I've started baking again which is always a good sign.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: February 06, 2011, 09:45:25 AM »

Didn't take long for word to trickle out locally what was going on in our house.  People were shocked at first.  Couldn't be true.  We're one of THE couples in this village in their eyes.  Have a lovely family and always seem so happy.  Open door policy for everyone in the neighbourhood and always had a laugh.  Plus Dawn isn't the quiet type.  If it was true, she'd have fecking killed him. 

Over time only the closest ones have known just how true it is.  The others started to think it had only been horrible rumours.  I don't blame the others for doubting.  He was still here, I was still here and it 'appears' from the outside looking in - nothing has changed.  Except for one thing.  Dawn has been going missing a goodly bit.  She's always off to this place or that as far as they're concerned...poor Timothy.  Well, yeah folks.  The trips away keep me sane ya fecking eejits.  Doing everything I can to hold it together yet I was starting to look like the bad guy!

Meanwhile, I'd heard whispers that the in-laws thought I was cross with them and they didn't know what they'd done wrong.  To be fair, I can kind of understand why they'd think that.  I was always calling to their house and ringing them.  Then suddenly - nothing more than basic 'as and when needed' contact.  For 18 months.  But I wasn't doing that to be nasty to them.  I'd been asked not to tell them what had gone down here and as I'm not the quiet type, the only way of being sure I'd manage it was to keep my distance from them.  They really were upset and it broke my heart to hear how it was affecting them when they'd done absolutely nothing wrong.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: February 06, 2011, 09:57:08 AM »

So....Dawn being Dawn and telling it like it is...off I went to the in-laws yesterday morning.  They had to be told.  Everything.  Yes they'd be upset at first, but at least they'd know it's not their fault I've shut down.

It was an odd one.  I kept my cool, there was no drama and if truth be told...felt like a million ton weight had been lifted off my shoulders.  The three of us sat and chatted for a few hours.  It was nice to finally be 'me' again with them.  And as much as the news was a shock and not pleasant...I'm pretty sure they kind of feel better now too.  Turns out they'd been wondering and worrying for months and were going to send Timothy's brother over here to dig it out when he visits at Easter.  No need now...it's out there.

As for this house and the future?  Well, I've no clue when or how it'll all be sorted.  Lots of things to take into account and none to be taken lightly.  God knows it's not been easy for any of us but we'll get there in the end.  Wherever that may be.  And one way or the other...we'll be ok.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: February 06, 2011, 10:00:31 AM »

That's pretty much 'it' in a nutshell. 

Now I can hold my head high when I make my trips and the trouble makers can get stuffed.  And I can visit the in-laws again without fear of saying the wrong thing.  Pity it had to go down that way...but that's life.  And life goes on no matter what's happening around you.  Just gotta just move on and live it.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1118 on: February 06, 2011, 10:45:49 AM »

tl;dr

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1119 on: February 06, 2011, 10:46:43 AM »

Wink x

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: February 06, 2011, 11:16:29 AM »

tl;dr

Cheeky pup!

Wink x

forgiven.     good luck at DTD today.  xx

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1121 on: February 06, 2011, 11:28:51 AM »

xxx

That's for you Dawn, not Tom.

But gl Tom Smiley

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 06, 2011, 11:38:48 AM »

Now that we've that stuff out of the way, suppose it's time to say thanks to a few as I'm at it.  Obviously my kids first of all.  They're so strong and they've been absolutely brilliant!  Couldn't ask for more and frankly they've gone above and beyond the call of duty a few times imo.  They're amazing and I love them to bits.  xx

Ger.  That man has been unbelievable.  He's been my rock when I didn't know where to turn.  He's been and stayed at our house since and handled the situation perfect from everyone's point of view.  There's never been any uncomfortable feeling on our part when Ger's around and I hope he's felt the same.  He's been an absolute star.  No drama, just a rock.

Bridget.  She's a pain in the arse sometimes but I still adore her.

A few others.  Ye know who ye are as I've chewed yer ear to bits on the phone/msn throughout the months.  Don't want to name anyone specifically because there really have been a surprisingly good few and don't want to leave anyone out. You've all been brilliant and I thank you for that.

Also want to apologise to the lot of ya.  Can't be fun dealing with an emotional wreck of a class clown at the drop of a hat.  All going well...it's only up from here.  xx

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1123 on: February 06, 2011, 12:17:51 PM »

Bless ya Laxie, it'll all be grand I'm sure Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 06, 2011, 12:29:03 PM »

Best of luck to you all Dawn. xxx

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: